Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:29:53 AM
714234 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Cracked.com 6 insane fan theories that make the movie better « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cracked.com 6 insane fan theories that make the movie better  (Read 3712 times)
WingedSerpent
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« on: January 15, 2010, 04:38:32 PM »

http://www.cracked.com/article/18367_6-insane-fan-theories-that-actually-make-great-movies-better/

I like the James Bond and Farris Buller ones.

I believe the Matrix one is what they were going for, but changed at the last minute.

The Star Wars one just sounds like people wanting the Star Wars movies to be better than they actually are.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 04:40:33 PM by WingedSerpent » Logged

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 05:21:44 PM »

Fasincating theories, but I like the James Bond one the most.  It made the most sense to me (Seeing as I haven't watched a lot of the other movies on the list and the Star Wars is pretty wild) and I could see it be true.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 05:24:54 PM »

I personally think all the old Bonds were sent to a village with big white bouncy balls watching over them.

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
SPazzo

My kinda toy...

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 07:06:29 PM »

I lost a bit of respect for cracked.com after I read the opening line:

Cinephiles love reading way too much into a films, and 99 percent of the stuff they come up with is bulls**t ("what if Haley Joel Osment was also a ghost?") but other times, they turn out to be right (yes, Harrison Ford really was a replicant in Blade Runner).

That kind of makes it seem like a bad thing to read into a movie.  Anyway, I thought the Star Wars one was interesting.  Decent article!
akiratubo

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 11:04:21 PM »

(yes, Harrison Ford really was a replicant in Blade Runner)

No.  No, he was not.  I don't care if he was in the novel, I don't care what Ridely Scott has to say about the movie, Deckard was NOT a replicant.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 06:06:24 PM »

No.  No, he was not.  I don't care if he was in the novel, I don't care what Ridely Scott has to say about the movie, Deckard was NOT a replicant.

Thats right!  I hate that idea no end. 

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Jim H

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2010, 02:35:02 AM »

No.  No, he was not.  I don't care if he was in the novel, I don't care what Ridely Scott has to say about the movie, Deckard was NOT a replicant.

There are several things indicating this throughout the movie.  The shining eyes, the unicorn, etc.  I wouldn't say it is 100% certain though.  I'll leave it off at that.  In the novel, he's NOT a replicant, btw.  

I didn't particularly care for any of these (except maybe the Radio Flyer one).  I will say the James Bond one doesn't really make sense - Sean Connery comes back TWICE after the Lazenby Bond left.  In fact, he's very angry about his wife being dead in Diamonds Are Forever.  Likewise, License To Kill references the dead wife (where James Bond throws back the marriage flowers, and Felix says something about her), as does one of the Roger Moore films in the opening sequence.  It's also quite clear in the sequences with Moneypenny, M and Q that he's meant to be a single person.

It's just different interpretations of a single character, who also happens to exist on a floating timeline.

Also, while I think the "in their mind" theory is quite plausible (particularly for Total Recall) for some films, I don't think it is in Observe and Report.  It was making a deliberate statement with its ending, which is ruined by a false ending.  I also might add that, unlike the other films, there isn't any obvious "breaking point" with reality.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 02:37:15 AM by Jim H » Logged
paula
Bad Movie Lover

Just give me hairspray and I can rule the world!

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2010, 03:12:05 AM »

No.  No, he was not.  I don't care if he was in the novel, I don't care what Ridely Scott has to say about the movie, Deckard was NOT a replicant.

There are several things indicating this throughout the movie.  The shining eyes, the unicorn, etc.  I wouldn't say it is 100% certain though.  I'll leave it off at that.  In the novel, he's NOT a replicant, btw.  

I didn't particularly care for any of these (except maybe the Radio Flyer one).  I will say the James Bond one doesn't really make sense - Sean Connery comes back TWICE after the Lazenby Bond left.  In fact, he's very angry about his wife being dead in Diamonds Are Forever.  Likewise, License To Kill references the dead wife (where James Bond throws back the marriage flowers, and Felix says something about her), as does one of the Roger Moore films in the opening sequence.  It's also quite clear in the sequences with Moneypenny, M and Q that he's meant to be a single person.

It's just different interpretations of a single character, who also happens to exist on a floating timeline.

Also, while I think the "in their mind" theory is quite plausible (particularly for Total Recall) for some films, I don't think it is in Observe and Report.  It was making a deliberate statement with its ending, which is ruined by a false ending.  I also might add that, unlike the other films, there isn't any obvious "breaking point" with reality.

must agree, ford was NOT a replicant in the film.  at least the orig. release....that would totally take away the 'replicants are alot like us' angle that comes across so well, esp. with rutger's performance.

"What about the American Dream?"
"It came true!  You're looking at it!"
Jim H

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2010, 02:33:32 PM »

The shining eyes and the Unicorn from Gaff are pretty strong indicators he is supposed to be a replicant, that's what I was saying.  In particular, I've not heard a convincing argument against the unicorn.

But, I feel the film works either way.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Cracked.com 6 insane fan theories that make the movie better « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.