Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:24:19 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Delinquent Indian with cancer and Older Guy searching for magic pool « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Delinquent Indian with cancer and Older Guy searching for magic pool  (Read 2095 times)
BTM
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: January 19, 2010, 01:41:34 AM »

Okay, I saw a clip from this film a long time ago (think it was mid nineties.)  It's about this Indian teenager (as in Native American) who's bald (probably the result of chemo.)  He's a bit of a delinquent, and I think he ran off from a youth detention center or something.  Anyway, along with an older guy (maybe a guidance counselor of some sort?) he's looking for this legendary magical pool of water that he thinks might be able to cure his cancer.  I only saw a little bit of it, but from what I gather the older guy is not along on the trip voluntarily (at least not at first.)

Anyway the scene I saw, was where they're on the side of a desert road, with their car apparently broken down.  The older guy is yelling at the kid, basically calling him crazy because he's searching for some magical pool because he saw it in a picture somewhere when suddenly a rattlesnake lying by the side of the road bits the guy.

The teen, thinking quickly, starts up the car (there's battery cables connected to the battery for some reason, and places one cable on each side of the guys bite, giving him a bit of a jolt. The teen explains that the electricity from the battery neutralizes the enzymes in the snake's venom. 

The guy, in decent shape who one who just got bit and shocked, is amazed, and can't believe the kid knew that.  And he's like, "What, did you think I was stupid or something?"

And they argue a bit.

So, does anyone know what the title is? 

Also, does anyone know if that would actually WORK? 

Thanks!

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 01:07:45 PM »

That would be The Sunchaser with Woody Harrelson and Jon Seda. I recall liking it when I saw it back in the '90s, although I'm pretty sure I didn't want to. I'd have to see it again before I formed any new opinion.

Huh. Directed by Michael Cimino, apparently.

As for the electrical venom neutralization, I don't know. Seems unlikely.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Delinquent Indian with cancer and Older Guy searching for magic pool « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.