Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:10:24 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Need Title Of a movie-Kidnapping/Organ Theft/Spare Parts/Ice Cream Truck « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Need Title Of a movie-Kidnapping/Organ Theft/Spare Parts/Ice Cream Truck  (Read 16675 times)
marutti
New Visitor

« on: January 18, 2010, 06:04:48 AM »

Hi everyone! I've been trying to find the title of a movie I saw some years ago on tv. I've been searching on the net for years hitting keywords but  unfortunately I can't get any info and it has become an obsession  Smile

The Plot: Bad guys kidnap children in a town for spare parts. I think the mastermind is a big surgeon, who performs illegal surgeries for rich people's kids. They use the local ice cream truck to lure and then kidnap poor children.

A couple hit the town with their daughter. The father gets arrested (for no reason, if I remember correctly). The mother (who is pregnant) takes her daughter to a nearby park, where children play. While her daughter is off for some ice cream, the mother faints and is quickly taken by an ambulance. The daughter, alone, is an easy target for the ice cream man, who kidnaps her. Then, the father, with the aid of a detective, try to rescue his daughter and the other kids.

Additional details: The movie was in color, and although I may be wrong, I'd say it's around the 70's. (65-85). But it may have been a tv movie, I have no idea. Also, it was in english language, but it's been a long time and I cannot remember if it was dubbed or shot originally in English.

Thanks for your time. I'd really appreciate any help.
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 09:45:12 AM »

I could be wrong, but this sounds like the "The Ice Cream Man" with Clint Howard.

The other movie that comes to mind is a Hellraiser movie.  Can't remember the name right now, but it has an ice cream truck and man in and a bad guy called the "Engineer".

Shots in the dark, but hopefully some help.   TeddyR

Later,

JOHN

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
marutti
New Visitor

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 04:48:24 PM »

Well, I'm afraid it's neither, but thanks for your effort and time!  Smile But if you have more ideas, share them, I'd be happy if we found it!
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 05:00:06 AM »

Not Blood Salvage, is it?

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
marutti
New Visitor

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 12:36:24 PM »

No, but it seems really interesting! So many movies I've never heard of in this genre!

I'm trying to stretch my memory so I can provide you with any helping info... I avoided setting a definite genre mainly because I thought that these keywords are already too specific, and also because it's been so many years that I can't remember many details! But if I had to choose, I'd say it was more in the crime/thriller zone rather than horror. Also, I don't think it would cut the "comedy" tag, but on the other hand, judging from the keywords, one might say...  Smile  you get the picture!

Now, stretching memory too hard:
#I think the husband was intentionally thrown into jail, so that the mother and kid stay alone. The sheriff might be working for the kidnappers, corrupted town? who knows...
#I remember it had a happy ending. I mean, they save the daughter (and some kids maybe) and in the final scenes, the detective joins the happy, reunited family for a picnic or sth!  Cheers

Now, how can a pretty obscure, lame movie bug me so much, I can't really tell.  Lookingup Any suggestion is more than welcome!
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 11:44:13 PM »

For some reason this sounds REALLY familiar..... just can't remember the title......

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
K
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2011, 10:17:59 PM »

Wow.. this is unbelievable, it looks like I am looking for the same movie !!! And also it's been YEARS ago that I've seen and time to time I still try to look for it on internet.
I also remember just a few details but I can't remember the title.It was also not a horror movie but a thriller.
As far as I remember the kidnappers used to keep the kids in a small house and the detective used to struggle trying to find clues where the house could be and in the end they found it and rescued the girl and I am not sure if there were other kids or just one girl?Also I am not 100% sure but I think there was fire in that house in the end of the movie.I remember the detective used to visit somebody in the prison (was that the father??).. And was the detective a women???
Jesslynnhemp
New Visitor

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2020, 07:59:17 AM »

When the bough breaks.  I too was searching for this movie and it took a few searches.   I know I'm 10 years late lol
Archivist

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2020, 09:14:43 PM »

When the bough breaks.  I too was searching for this movie and it took a few searches.   I know I'm 10 years late lol

Geez, how many movies are in the 'ice cream truck kidnapper' genre? Is this a thing?

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2020, 01:48:39 AM »

maybe not a genre..just real life in some cases. Bluesad

don't EVEN...EVER!
pacman000
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2020, 01:14:22 PM »

IMDb lists 15 films with those keywords https://www.imdb.com/search/keyword/?keywords=ice-cream-truck%2Ckidnapping&ref_=kw_ref_key&sort=moviemeter,asc&mode=detail&page=1
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 01:29:09 PM by pacman000 » Logged
urbrilliantfriend
New Visitor

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2020, 03:57:49 AM »

Hello everyone!
I’ve been searching for the same movie for years and I want to say that suggested When the Bough Breaks and the movie from the original post aren’t the same movies.
I remember this movie very well and can even add some details to the plot description:

• The movie starts with a little girl lying on the table in a big house and there is a surgeon who is supposed to perform an organ removal surgery on her but the guy suddenly say something like “I can’t do that” and attempt to leave the house but getting shot dead by a security guard. After that “a big boss” tells another man to continue the work of recently departed surgeon.
• Remains of a child being put in a small box that later get buried next to the road. A random person finds the box and calls the cops.
• at the end of the movie there was definitely a picnic or a dinner in the main family of protagonists and the last scene was about two detectives jokingly arguing of who will eat the last slice of cake, one of them ends up putting a slice all over the face of the other
• in 90s in Northern Europe the movie was shown under the name of “The Crime of the Century” but described plot doesn’t seem to belong to any movie with similar title, it was dubbed from the original language that was probably English.

I’ve lost a count of how many movies about kidnapping, organ harvesting and ice cream trucks I’ve checked through the years but was still unable to find that movie. I assume it was extremely low budget and unpopular but it’s hard to believe that none of the cinema related sites have mentions about this particular movie.
I really hope that more people see this and maybe someone can provide us with more information of what this movie title might be and how to find it.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Need Title Of a movie-Kidnapping/Organ Theft/Spare Parts/Ice Cream Truck « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.