Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:46:08 AM
714233 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Laughing at Inappropriate Times « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Laughing at Inappropriate Times  (Read 18290 times)
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2010, 09:03:50 AM »

I laughed in the theater during Titanic when the ship was going down and one of the people pinged off one of the boilers. 

I remember that!  I was laughing as well - oh, poor guy falling to certain death and then he's got to hit the smokestack on the way down too!  Double-suck man  BounceGiggle 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2010, 09:36:33 AM »

I laughed in the theater during Titanic when the ship was going down and one of the people pinged off one of the boilers. 

I remember that!  I was laughing as well - oh, poor guy falling to certain death and then he's got to hit the smokestack on the way down too!  Double-suck man  BounceGiggle 

Oh, wait. I've been thinking of the guy who hit the propeller. Did somebody hit a stack as well? I honestly haven't seen that movie since it was first released. Oddly enough, the propeller guy is just about the only thing that stuck with me. TeddyR Maybe I'll see it again. I heard they were converting the whole movie to 3D and re-releasing it in the next couple of years.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
skuts
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2010, 10:57:50 AM »

At the initial release of Blue Velvet, at the point where Jeffery asks "Why are there people like Frank?", I just lost it. I thought every scene with Dennis Hopper was screamingly funny. I was almost ejected from the theater.
It is a comedy, isn't it?
"Heineken? F*ck that sh*t! PABST BLUE RIBBON!!!"

Babies taste best.
Potato king
Dedicated Viewer

ölöm

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2010, 12:20:14 PM »

I'm not quite sure if this is anything original or wicked, but I laughed hard and long when Dumbledore died in the latest Harry Potter film. The scene in itself wasn't particularly funny, but the idea about laughing was so funny in itself that i couldn't control myself  TeddyR
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2010, 12:25:00 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWx2GpQgW8M
No, it's not real, but it's funny.

My apologies, it was the propeller he binged off of not the boiler. Either way its still funny to me. I have this thing when human bodies go flailing through the air that always makes me laugh.  Its a sad, sick thing.   Bluesad

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2010, 05:14:29 PM »

Born on the Forth of July (1989) - I laughed out loud in the theatre during several "serious" moments, but the one that takes the cake is the moment where his religious mother is shocked by his use of the word "penis" and says he shouldn't use that word in her house and he starts screaming "penis!" Also, elsewhere in the film when Tom Cruise does his over-the-top "acting" to overcompensate for the fact that he's not a good actor.

Running On Empty (1988) - When River Phoenix is saying his tearful goodbye to a local girl he fell in love with before having to leave town abruptly. He hugs her and has this look on his face like he's bursting into tears but it almost looks like he's struggling to keep a straight face. I've seen that scene a few times and laugh hysterically every time I see it.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Paquita

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2010, 10:16:56 PM »

I laughed during the romantic magic carpet ride in Aladdin, which then made my friend laugh and my mom yell at us a lot.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2010, 11:05:55 PM »

I was actually scared the first time I saw Prophecy, being fairly young at the time. But even so, the kid in the yellow sleeping bag sent me into an uncontrollable giggling fit.

Then again, did anyone here see that scene and not laugh? Did Frankenheimer really believe people were going to be horrified by a giant jumping banana getting knocked through the air and exploding in a huge poof of feathers? That scene was hilarious. And to make a straight face even less likely, now I feel compelled to sing "Peanut Butter Jelly Time!" when the kid starts jumping. TeddyR
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 11:37:10 AM by AndyC » Logged

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
SPazzo

My kinda toy...

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2010, 12:54:40 AM »

Oh, wait. I've been thinking of the guy who hit the propeller. Did somebody hit a stack as well? I honestly haven't seen that movie since it was first released. Oddly enough, the propeller guy is just about the only thing that stuck with me. TeddyR Maybe I'll see it again. I heard they were converting the whole movie to 3D and re-releasing it in the next couple of years.

[emo-ish rant]
I laughed when Leonardo DiCaprio died.  It was the best part of the film.
[/emo-ish rant]
 Drink
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2010, 02:43:47 AM »

Not a movie but something about someone who loved movies and passed that love onto me: At my Dad's memorial service, we were all understandably upset and down, until my aunt took her glasses off, wiped her eyes and said: "Enough of this crying sh*t, let's have a drink on Tommy."

The result of that comment was we all burst out laughing because (a) Dad had always said he wanted his friends and relatives to have a party on him when he passed and (b) that comment of my aunt's told us he was there with us. The other result was that we did have a party on him as he wanted.  TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
skuts
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2010, 10:36:09 AM »

I also laughed at the end of The Vanishing (original version), when the hero ends up buried alive.

Like you couldn't see that coming from a mile away.

Babies taste best.
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2010, 07:13:29 PM »

Last weekend I saw Ninja Assassin, and one part has ninjas trying to stop a speeding car with shuriken.  There were dozen of stars in the hood of the car.  I started giggling hysterically at the idea that all that training and no one thought to throw at the tires.  

And when i was 16 or so, we say Pet Sematary in the theatre, and the bit where the kid gets hit by the gar and his shoe/foot goes flying caused my buddy to laugh and laugh and laugh. 

Apparently my dad thinks the Exorcist is the funniest movie he has evere seen.

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2010, 08:40:11 PM »

Born on the Forth of July (1989) - I laughed out loud in the theatre during several "serious" moments, but the one that takes the cake is the moment where his religious mother is shocked by his use of the word "penis" and says he shouldn't use that word in her house and he starts screaming "penis!" Also, elsewhere in the film when Tom Cruise does his over-the-top "acting" to overcompensate for the fact that he's not a good actor.

OMFG, how could I forget this one!
NSFW
Small | Large

[emo-ish rant]
I laughed when Leonardo DiCaprio died.  It was the best part of the film.
[/emo-ish rant]

I laughed particularly when Rose said "I won't let go Jack" and then proceeded to let him sink into the abyss. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Nukie 2

I did it all for the...

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2010, 09:32:02 PM »

That scene in The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, during the siege of Gondor when Gandalf yells at Peregrin Took to "go back to the Citadel", because "This is no place for a Hobbit", and then Gandalf turns around and beats the crap out of an Orc who was just standing there nonchalantly in the back ground.

I just lost it!

Watch Nukie on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wab1Y713tN0
"Like" International Fans of the Movie Nukie and Sias Odendaal on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Fans-of-the-Movie-Nukie-and-Sias-Odendaal/135820159771783
Deathfeast
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2010, 01:04:24 PM »

When the girl in Devils Rejects got hit by the truck me and my brother laughed and no one else did.
Also when the kid in Planet Terror was sitting in the car and his mother gave him a gun to protect himself.
Everyone gasped and I almost fell out of my seat.
Yeah, if there is a hell I am probly goin. Drink
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Laughing at Inappropriate Times « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.