Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:01:22 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Laughing at Inappropriate Times « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Laughing at Inappropriate Times  (Read 18206 times)
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2010, 01:21:47 PM »

I said that I laughed at the kid in Maximum Overdrive getting killed by the steamroller on Youtube. I got thumbed down about 16 times and got lots of very nasty messages.

I'm still laughing...  BounceGiggle

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2010, 01:57:11 PM »

I said that I laughed at the kid in Maximum Overdrive getting killed by the steamroller on Youtube. I got thumbed down about 16 times and got lots of very nasty messages.

I'm still laughing...  BounceGiggle

Funny, I always thought SK intended a bit of dark humour there.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Nathan454
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2010, 02:57:11 PM »

During the infamous bathing scene in Spartacus, because it triggered my memory of the scene in Airplane when the Captain asks Jimmy if he likes movies about Gladiators...

Its a good thing that I never saw Lawrence of Arabia in public, because the "Turkish Prison" Joke did the same thing when I saw that.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2010, 03:05:50 PM »

When Hannibal Lecter told Starling how he "ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti", then wiggled his tongue in a snake-like movement and hissed.  I cracked up; people next to me didn't know what to think.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2010, 06:37:38 PM »

During The Relic my buddy and I laughed when the SWAT team member got cut in half.  Oh and at the part where the girl sees the night guard's head on the floor.  

I laughed during Deep Blue Sea when Samuel L Jackson gets eaten.  I laugh harder now because I think of Dave Chapelle saying "They ate me, a f*cking shark ate me..."  BounceGiggle

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Monster Jungle X-Ray
Bad Movie Lover

Just Another Pretty Face

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2010, 07:25:02 AM »

The other one was not embarrassing, because only one other person was there, and he laughed too. It was maybe 20 years ago, watching a VHS of Dirty Harry with a friend, and it gets to the part where the killer, wearing a red ski mask, gets stabbed in the leg. He turns around screaming, his eyes wide open, and his mouth in a big "O." We lost it immediately. I mean, he looked like nothing less than an insane hot dog.

The 1st time I watched Dirty Harry I had to rewind that scene at least 5 times  TeddyR

" Society doesn't accept us because of what we are, so we're an enemy of society. " - Pa Mooney, THE RATS ARE COMING! THE WEREWOLVES ARE HERE!
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2010, 07:28:44 AM »

The other one was not embarrassing, because only one other person was there, and he laughed too. It was maybe 20 years ago, watching a VHS of Dirty Harry with a friend, and it gets to the part where the killer, wearing a red ski mask, gets stabbed in the leg. He turns around screaming, his eyes wide open, and his mouth in a big "O." We lost it immediately. I mean, he looked like nothing less than an insane hot dog.

The 1st time I watched Dirty Harry I had to rewind that scene at least 5 times  TeddyR

Yep, so did we.

---------------------
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2010, 08:10:50 PM »

Ok heres an awful one...during the Notebook when the female character remembers who she was only to relapse thus throwing her into a panic.  I think it's James Garner's overacting in the scene that slays me. 

DarkSider's Realm

Pilgermann
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2010, 02:44:08 PM »

I know I've mentioned this in a similar thread but I cracked up during The Ring when the horse goes crazy and jumps over the railing of the ship.  If it hadn't hit the rail and just made a clean jump I wouldn't have found it so humorous.

Another was during part of We Were Soldiers where a napalm strike goes all wrong and one of the burned soldiers says "Tell my wife I loved her!  And my babyyyyy!"  Something about how he sounded when he said that just got to me.

This isn't really inappropriate laughter, but when my brother and I saw Sleepy Hollow in the theater we were laughing at a lot of the bloody parts, like where Ichabod is performing an autopsy and gets a big ol' squirt of blood in his face, but the rest of the crowd just didn't seem to get it.

Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2010, 09:47:29 PM »

I know I've mentioned this in a similar thread but I cracked up during The Ring when the horse goes crazy and jumps over the railing of the ship.  If it hadn't hit the rail and just made a clean jump I wouldn't have found it so humorous.

No argument here...
Small | Large

BounceGiggle

DarkSider's Realm

Gregger75
New Visitor

« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2010, 10:31:11 PM »

I laughed at the trailer for First Sight, when Val Kilmer walks into a pane of glass.  Never actually saw the movie, though.
Vane
Dedicated Viewer

narnia is like compton

« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2010, 11:03:31 AM »

My english class was doing research on Nazis/ deathcamps etc. and we watched The Pianist. The scene where the Nazis throw the old guy in the wheelchair over the balcony. I laughed so hard i got kicked out of class.

Then we watched a 9/11 Documentary. When the people were jumping to their deaths i imagined one landing on a homeless guy's cart when he was pushing it. Lets just say we don't watch movies in there anymore. Bluesad

i am the walrus
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2010, 01:02:40 PM »

My english class was doing research on Nazis/ deathcamps etc. and we watched The Pianist. The scene where the Nazis throw the old guy in the wheelchair over the balcony. I laughed so hard i got kicked out of class.

Then we watched a 9/11 Documentary. When the people were jumping to their deaths i imagined one landing on a homeless guy's cart when he was pushing it. Lets just say we don't watch movies in there anymore. Bluesad

I once got thrown out of a high school English class because I couldn't stop giggling at Clash of the Titans. We were doing Greek mythology at the time. I was already on my last warning, after making a few quips over the course of the movie (predating MST3K by several years). To be fair, the guy behind me was doing the same thing, just more quietly. So, I'm already in a laughing mood, and suddenly one more peep will land me in trouble. So, right at the big, dramatic moment when the Kraken is due to arrive, Perseus is struggling to get there and everything is quiet and tense, there's this yowling bird call in the background. At this point, the guy behind me mumbles "Shut up, you stupid cat." I just lost it. I could not stop giggling. I think the teacher appreciated the effort, but it was still a disruption, and I spent the rest of the period in the hallway.

The bird call (or whatever animal it is) can be heard at 8:30 of this clip:
Small | Large

---------------------
Vane
Dedicated Viewer

narnia is like compton

« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2010, 07:41:20 PM »

That sounds about right. Public Schools... lol.

i am the walrus
kearneyloc
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2010, 02:08:54 PM »

Watching Star Trek: Generations, Picard is discussing his only blood relations burning to death. There's a moment when he tries to speak, but he's so overcome with sobbing, he can't get the words out. It looks funny as hell, and it caught me totally off guard the first time I saw it. So, theatre full of people silently glued to the screen, and suddenly there's a burst of giggling that everyone can hear.

BounceGiggle
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Laughing at Inappropriate Times « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.