Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:37:39 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Miscast Movies « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Miscast Movies  (Read 17152 times)
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2010, 09:32:19 PM »

I fully expect to be told how wrong I am (since Reeve seems to have become iconic in the role), but I could never understand casting Christopher Reeve as Superman, Marlon Brando as Jor-El and Margot Kidder as Lois Lane in Superman (1978): what were they thinking???  So Kidder's hair was the right colour and Reeve's facial profile looked the part?  Ish. Just Ish.  They did better with the villains.

That's a tough one for me, having grown up watching those movies. They just seem natural in the roles. I will say that the two actors who stood above the rest, for me, were Gene Hackman as Luthor and Jackie Cooper as Perry White. Cooper was a great fit for White, and Hackman as Luthor was the best thing in the first two movies.

The casting of Marlon Brando puzzles me to this day. I guess he was OK, but I just can't see him being on the list of people to call when you're casting Kryptonians.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2010, 09:54:52 PM »

I was actually ok with Reeve as Superman.  I also felt he played a good Clark Kent.  I do not however agree with Margot Kidder as Lois Lane.  She wasn't cute or even likeable in the character.   Oh and Hackman did rock.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2010, 06:01:57 AM »

I was actually ok with Reeve as Superman.  I also felt he played a good Clark Kent.  I do not however agree with Margot Kidder as Lois Lane.

Totally agree.
Reeve was awesome as Superman and Hackman was great as Luthor.

I've never understood how Margot Kidder got the role of Lois Lane.
Even when I was a kid I wondered what people saw in her.
All those women on earth and Superman chose HER???
Yeah, she was definitely miscast as Lois Lane.

When I watch the Superman movies nowadays, I always think Margot Kidder looks like she'd taste like cigarettes if I kissed her.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 06:05:03 AM by Ash » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Miscast Movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.