Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:26:31 AM
713333 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  The Conan O'Brien/Jay Leno Debacle « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Conan O'Brien/Jay Leno Debacle  (Read 3946 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: January 21, 2010, 02:31:48 PM »

If you've been keeping up on entertainment news at all in the last few weeks, you know about all the drama between NBC, Conan O'Brien, and Jay Leno.
Now it seems that after just 7 months, O'Brien will be leaving the job he worked so hard to get and Leno, who hosted the show for 17 years will be coming back.
I read that Conan will be receiving something like 32 million in severance pay for NBC screwing him over.

What do you guys think about all this?
Personally, I think Johnny Carson is turning over in his grave.  Leno had the show for almost two decades.  It was time for him to go anyway.
Conan got the shaft big time, which sucks because I always liked him better than all of the other late night talk show hosts.
I hope Leno's ratings tank big-time.  I used to like his show, but now I doubt that I'll ever watch it again.  Funny thing is, now that Conan's leaving, his ratings are through the roof.

Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 02:54:16 PM by Ash » Logged
Jed Siple
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 04:42:05 PM »

This is Conan at his best.  He doesn't have to worry about pleasing the suits, so he can cut loose and do what he does best.

Well, whatever it is your not doing, go don't do it somewhere else!
Nightowl
Bad Movie Lover

Local TV-Movie Nerd!

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 10:16:46 PM »

I hate that conan is getting screwed by nbc, but I try to look on the bright side...maybe he'll go to another network(Fox?) that will treat him with respect.

TEAM COCO!!!

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 10:20:30 PM »

I'm in the camp that never liked Conan in the first place.  His delivery and comedy bits weren't ever all that funny to me.  However, I don't think he should have gotten such the shaft from NBC so soon.  This just looks awful for the network and quite frankly I don't know how anyone can take them seriously after this.  I should add that I don't mind Leno all that much although he is a bit of a tool at times. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 06:08:52 PM »

Any thoughts?

I think I know one person who might be happy about this. Tiger Woods. As this took people's attention away from him and his sexcapades and focused the people's attention onto Jay Leno and Conan O'Brien.
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 10:17:50 PM »

I find both O'Brien and Leno to be equally un-funny and uninteresting.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 11:35:04 PM »

I never liked Leno to begin with.  Was always a Letterman/Conan fan.  When Conan got Tonight Show, I was happy for him.  Yeah, he kinda got screwed over, but he walks with $32 Million and can go to any network he wants.  A lot of fans will be following, too.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2010, 04:35:55 PM »

I hope someone gives me a royal screwing someday and hands me $32 million.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
kearneyloc
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2010, 01:57:46 PM »

I hope Conan gets back on the air soon, with a network that can handle his audience.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  The Conan O'Brien/Jay Leno Debacle « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.