Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:33:24 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Tron « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tron  (Read 5021 times)
kanezer
« on: March 28, 2001, 01:09:03 PM »

Just seen TRon and the thing I keep asking myself, Why and how did the director ever persuad Disney into producing this magnificent but not very Disney minded movie?
Fritz
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2001, 03:30:05 PM »

Have you ever seen Something Wicked This Way Comes...  now thats a Disney film, rotting corpses, snakes, spiders and Jonathan Price. Tron is one of my favorite films,but it does seem that it's one of the films Disney want to forget about,but rumors persist that Tron 2.0 will be out in 2002,I guess you gonna have to wait and see.
Greywizard, The Unknown Movies
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2001, 06:34:49 PM »

Well, it was around this time that Disney, after having lost a lot of its audience during the '70s with a number of infantile movies, was really trying to gain that audience back. So they were looking for movies that would break the impression that all they made were goofy kiddie movies.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2023, 09:00:07 AM »

Funny, I grew up hearing about this movie's mind-blowing special effects and its plot which was twenty years ahead of its time, yet to my '90s eyes when I got it on VHS it looked like a bunch of retro-sci-fi characters standing around in the day-glo lighting of a mall laser tag range, interspaced with animation that had all the charm of those oddly linear Soviet cartoons. Maybe it was one of those "had to be there" situations but I have never found Tron appealing.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
M.10rda
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2023, 08:23:15 PM »

TRON has not exactly aged well, though its design is at least specific enough that I feel like it retains some charm and curiosity value. There are films from the 90s where I think the FX have aged even more poorly in less time. LAWNMOWER MAN? Actually any Bret Leonard SFX flick? Maybe never "good" but oh boy, today they're painful to look at.
Dr. Whom
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2023, 01:12:06 AM »

Funny, I grew up hearing about this movie's mind-blowing special effects and its plot which was twenty years ahead of its time, yet to my '90s eyes when I got it on VHS it looked like a bunch of retro-sci-fi characters standing around in the day-glo lighting of a mall laser tag range, interspaced with animation that had all the charm of those oddly linear Soviet cartoons. Maybe it was one of those "had to be there" situations but I have never found Tron appealing.

As someone who was there at the time, Tron is from the early eighties when computers were still essentially magic. Most people (including myself) had any practical experience with computers, so everything was wild and exciting. So yes, it did go from cutting edge to quaint and obsolete in no time.

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2023, 01:58:05 AM »

TRON was 21 yrs old, when this 22 yr old thread was made  Buggedout

internet is getting old

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2023, 07:29:24 AM »

I saw Tron during its theatrical run in the summer of '82 (I was 12) with my friend Dave. At the time they were just starting to teach us about computers in school, so we loved it. However, Dave's Mom didn't get it at all, I remember her asking us, "What the heck did we just watch?" as we left the theater.

If memory serves, I wrote a book report on the film's paperback novelization when I started seventh grade that Fall. :D

I've seen it once or twice since then over the years; the last time was probably ten or twelve years ago when the release of the long-delayed sequel Tron: Legacy was imminent. It was definitely a product of its time, but I still appreciated it for its bizarro-world style and its historical value.

At least it was memorable in its own way. I honestly couldn't tell you a thing that happened in Tron: Legacy aside from Olivia Wilde looking fine as hell in one of those skin tight glowing neon body suits :D

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Tron « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.