Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:45:44 AM
713408 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Alien Movie with Gun & Amulet || Horror creature « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alien Movie with Gun & Amulet || Horror creature  (Read 4442 times)
ecronic
New Visitor

« on: January 25, 2010, 05:53:57 AM »

Hey guys,

Am laughing my a** off after writing he subject for this post but I really couldn't understand how else to describe it lol  BounceGiggle

The first one : Alien Movie with Gun & Amulet is about an alien that lands on earth and has a gun on it's left arm and an amulet around the neck.

Basically what I vaguely remember about the movie is that there is an agent of FBI or special forces that knows about it's landing and hunts it down in the beginning of the movie itself. The gun and amulet are then found by a teenager who can only fire the gun if he comes in contact with both the gun and amulet. As the movie progresses the basic thing is the Alien technology kind of bonds to the teenager's body and by the end of the movie its hard for him to seperate from it... hope you guys can help me out with this one...

The second movie : Horror creature is about this small creatures that look like mushrooms. The top is the same as a mushroom head but @ the bottom they have teeth. They basically stick to a person and start chewing in to their flesh and are hard to remove just like leeches. In order to remove them they either have to be cut off or burnt.

The most amazing part about this species is that when you cut them into half they may seem dead but they aren't. They can't attack so they are harmless but once you put them into some liquid( I believe it was water) they come alive again and are able to heal themselves and become whole again...

I hope someone can crack these open... I would love to watch these again since I was really young when I first watched them so remember just bits and pieces and would love to refresh the memory.

Thanks to all
Ecronic
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 06:13:12 AM »

Hey guys,

Am laughing my a** off after writing he subject for this post but I really couldn't understand how else to describe it lol  BounceGiggle

The first one : Alien Movie with Gun & Amulet is about an alien that lands on earth and has a gun on it's left arm and an amulet around the neck.

Basically what I vaguely remember about the movie is that there is an agent of FBI or special forces that knows about it's landing and hunts it down in the beginning of the movie itself. The gun and amulet are then found by a teenager who can only fire the gun if he comes in contact with both the gun and amulet. As the movie progresses the basic thing is the Alien technology kind of bonds to the teenager's body and by the end of the movie its hard for him to seperate from it... hope you guys can help me out with this one...

The second movie : Horror creature is about this small creatures that look like mushrooms. The top is the same as a mushroom head but @ the bottom they have teeth. They basically stick to a person and start chewing in to their flesh and are hard to remove just like leeches. In order to remove them they either have to be cut off or burnt.

The most amazing part about this species is that when you cut them into half they may seem dead but they aren't. They can't attack so they are harmless but once you put them into some liquid( I believe it was water) they come alive again and are able to heal themselves and become whole again...

I hope someone can crack these open... I would love to watch these again since I was really young when I first watched them so remember just bits and pieces and would love to refresh the memory.

Thanks to all
Ecronic

The first one is Laserblast if my memory doesn't fail me. Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 07:06:02 AM »

I want to say the second movie is Without Warning, but they were more like discs.  They spun through the air and landed on people, sucking out their blood.  Very silly film from 1980.  Jack Palance, Martin Landau, Neville Brand and Larry Storch somehow wound up in this.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Dwight
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 12:38:15 PM »

My first thoughts were also Laserblast and Without Warning, but I don't remember the "discs"
the alien throws, which are reminescent of the alien suckers in a Star Trek episode, being able
to heal themselves. As for the Laserblast one, there is another film which I think is italian that
has a very similar "guy with a gun in his arm" I've seen this theme in a couple of movies. It may help
if you remember whether there was these two very original looking "turtoise headed aliens" that came
to dispatch the out of control kid in the end. I'll see if i can remember the other film basically the
makeup looks like the one they used on Linda Blair in The Exorcist.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 12:43:44 PM »

There is a review of "Laserblast" on the site which might help:

http://www.badmovies.org/movies/laserblast/

The description of the little alien chomper things does sound like "Without Warning."  Wasn't there a scene of them being examined in a laboratory?

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 03:19:50 PM »

God, it's been a handful of years since I've seen Without Warning.. but I do at least remember Jack Palance examining one of the critters in a mason jar with formaldehyde.  Don't recall if it was in a lab or not.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Dwight
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2010, 04:27:25 PM »

The other movie which reminded me of laserblast was "The Dark" (1976) but when I looked
a the previews i didnt see a gun in the monsters arm. As far as Without Warning, you can
catch it on youtube. Look up Without Warning, or the warning part 1.
66Crush
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2010, 01:36:14 AM »

Yeah, I'm thinking "Laserblast" one of the all time great bad movies. Was there a scene where the guy uses the laser to blast a billboard for "Star Wars?" I'm guessing someone had a sneaky feeling they're movie wasn't going to do as well. Did the aliens look a cross between E.T. and a dinosaur with a big butt?
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Alien Movie with Gun & Amulet || Horror creature « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.