Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:09:10 PM
714247 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  100 feet (2008) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 100 feet (2008)  (Read 1326 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« on: January 27, 2010, 11:02:29 AM »

Small | Large

This movie failed in a way I can't recall seeing too often.  the scenerio is this milfy new yorker lady kills her abusive husband and is under house arrest.  She can't move more than "100 feet" from the box thing or the police will be alerted.  and her husband is a horrible ghost who is haunting her!!!  oh man.  "So he like tries to scare her to go past the 100 feet so she will have to go back to jail right?"  uhhh no.  She just kind a has to stay in the house and it's bad. " oh, well the back story is a trick, she really had a lover and they conspired to kill him."  uhh,  no she is basically a saint and it really was in self defense.

So....what is the point of the 100 feet and the ghost and everything?  good question.  It's little more than an excuse to go "BOO!!"  every ten minutes.  It's ANNOYING.  It moves well though and while the directing is dull and the script is corny it's passably entertaining.  Still, when the concept is so thin the other things tend to fall apart around it and by the end you have just as many "WTF's" as scares.  Someone could take this idea and do something with it like some kind of supernatural "panic room" or even a comedy!  but I'm sorry to say this guy really didn't.  I'd check out Dark Remains or The Thaw (if you don't mind a little left wing preaching) instead for relatively low budget indy type scares
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 11:04:23 AM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 01:15:14 PM »

This thing really left me cold.  I didn't care about the woman and the "scares" made me groan.  The Asylum should really stick to cheesy slashers and silly GCI monster movies - supernatural stuff needs some talent to pull off.  Otherwise instead of suspense you get,well...stuff like this.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
3mnkids
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 01:41:52 PM »

I tried to watch this last night. I didn't finish it. I knew it was going to be bad when the cop taking her home was her husbands partner.. yeah, he would sooo be on the case. stupid.  Lookingup  It wasn't scary and the acting.. omg! it was painful. Everyone should avoid this. I only paid 1.00 to rent it and I feel robbed.   TeddyR

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 05:41:30 PM »

newer horror isn't really my area of expertise so I was hesitant to bash it but it deserved it
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  100 feet (2008) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.