Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 02:59:46 PM
714217 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Quantity vs quality « previous next »
Poll
Question: What would you rather buy for $50?
2 very good movies - 0 (0%)
5 bad movies - 17 (100%)
Total Voters: 14

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Quantity vs quality  (Read 5623 times)
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2010, 10:08:22 PM »

Bad movies of course, you get more with your $50! TeddyR

yeah no.
the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2010, 10:33:12 PM »

That's cuz yer special, angel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_szGb2V-8sc

aw, shucks. BounceGiggle
3mnkids
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2010, 10:47:50 PM »

Without a doubt, 5 bad movies.   Thumbup 

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2010, 11:08:50 PM »

ds

nothing lasts forever-but the moon and the sky.
I will not be there.
I will rise and pass.
Bury my heart at Wounded Knee.

I have no clue what this has to do with the subject at hand. I just know that  I wanna go on record that
Tara Sue is  Cherokee.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2010, 11:15:46 PM »

That's cuz yer special, angel.
aw, shucks. BounceGiggle
ds
nothing lasts forever-but the moon and the sky.
I will not be there.
I will rise and pass.
Bury my heart at Wounded Knee.
I have no clue what this has to do with the subject at hand. I just know that  I wanna go on record that
Tara Sue is  Cherokee.
Bury my heart at Wounded Knee.  My brother's ashes will be buried or interred or scattered with his dog, Buck, dead these many years...but, my brother wanted that.  Smile  BounceGiggle  Bluesad

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2010, 12:26:24 AM »

A different way to look at it.

I've been at many different restaurants, ordering high-sodium, high-fat food. You always get somebody who says, "You know, that stuff will kill you."

Life. It's quality over quantity, my friend.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2010, 10:39:33 AM »

I think THE GODFATHER is a great movie.  

Hmmm... I think for $50 I could get at least two great movies... I'd have to go with 5 bad movies, too.  'Course, no one else may appreciate what I buy, but at least I'll get maybe 10 hours of horrible movie pleasure.   Smile

Funny you mention "The Godfather" then mention you could get at least two good movies for $50. A few months ago I got the Francis Ford Coppola box set edition of "The Godfather Triology" which contains two good movies, one bad movie, and two DVDs of extras for well under $50. I even had enough to spare that I got a box set of fifteen Blaxploitation films and still never crossed the $50 mark.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2010, 06:33:51 PM »

Hmm that's a tough question. I guess it would depend upon one's definition of bad movie. I will admit to having spent around 50 bucks each for the Criterion DVDs of FIEND WITHOUT A FACE and the Russian classic SOLARIS. Now I consider both those films to be classics and very good. Others mind well think of FIEND as a cheesy B-movie and I'm sure many more find SOLARIS boring but hey I love both films enough I just had to have them even if it meant shilling out serious bucks. Now I wouldn't feel that way about some other films I have to admit and truthfully I'd rather get all my movies under the ten bucks range if at all possible. But still it's hard to say really...guess it would depend upon how the mood struck me at the time and the comparable "coolness" of the movies which I might be considering.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
joejoeherron
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2010, 01:07:16 AM »

What are you willing to spend ? My father would ask me that .  Is the "Ultimate dvd,or blue ray, copy" of a film worth more than 5-20 decent movies on dvd for less money. The question is; What are you willing to spend for a flick? Five years ago, I spent $15 bucks per VHS for some old car chase flicks. Now that I look at Amazon.com,and the same flicks are not even availble.

Supply and Demand.

I'm not a computer guy(j.h.c., I still listen to 8 tracks), but from what I've read on the net, if you wonder about a movie, 2 minutes of surfing will tell you if it is worth buying on a multi collection or by it'self .
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2010, 08:13:58 AM »

I can't really answer that because I buy everything used, and the so-called "good" movies are out there in the millions and supply vs. demand means they're usually cheaper than the "bad" movies, which weren't produced in such quantities.  I don't like Hollywood movies anyway, so obviously I'd choose several "bad" movies.  It's part of my evil genius you see - I can pick up a copy of some Asylum film for $5 and get just as much enjoyment out of it as someone else who spends $50 on a brand new restored Blu ray version of the Godfather trilogy.  If I spend $50, it'll be on some video game that will keep me entertained for a month or more.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2010, 08:03:49 PM »

I can't really answer that because I buy everything used, and the so-called "good" movies are out there in the millions and supply vs. demand means they're usually cheaper than the "bad" movies, which weren't produced in such quantities. 

Good point. If you want to buy good movies, there are plenty to be found in second-hand music stores and pawn shops. Of course, I think the question is not about how many good or bad movies I can buy for a given amount of money, but whether I'd spend X amount of money on one good movie or an equal amount on several bad ones. All things being equal - that is to say, new DVDs, same store, one movie per disc - I'd also go for the bad movies.

My reasons are similar to what has been said already. You get more hours of enjoyment for your money, and good movies (hits, classics, new releases) are easier to come by. The discs worth buying are the more obscure ones, that I can't just go out and rent when I feel like watching them. And those ones also have the benefit of sometimes being cheaper to buy than they would be to rent. A new release selling for $20 or more, even if it's good enough to be worth that, can be rented five or six times for the same money. Unless you see yourself watching it more than five or six times, it's not worth buying if you can rent it.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Quantity vs quality « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.