Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:03:27 PM
714227 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Surprisingly Good Television Movies « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Surprisingly Good Television Movies  (Read 9204 times)
Hammock Rider
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2010, 02:54:07 PM »

"Mother Knows Best" with Joanna Kerns as a snooty, homicidal socialite who really, REALLY disaproves of her daughters blue collar husband. I'll watch even a Lifetime movie if it has Joanna Kerns in it(Yeah I was a teen in the 80's) and this one is actually pretty good. Based on a true story, Joanna plays a woman who wants to have her doctor daughter's working class husband killed. THe dialogue is pretty good and Joanna gives a great over-the-top evil performace.

"Midnight Offerings" starred Mary Ingalls herself, Melissa Sue Anderson, as a pretty and popular teen high schooler who was also an evil witch. She goes up against a good teen age witch in a battle that seemed pretty cool back in the early 80's and is still pretty fantastic. Gordon Jump plays her oblivious dad and Marion Ross plays a mentor witch. I think Vanna White is in it too. It's cheezy fun and worth your time.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
Nightowl
Bad Movie Lover

Local TV-Movie Nerd!

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2010, 03:12:14 PM »

Duel
Buried Alive

BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2010, 05:39:06 PM »

World War III sounds really good from your description. I'd like to check that one out.

Having seen "World War III," I'd like to say it really is good. There is some wonderful action in it, especially for a TV movie.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2010, 07:50:58 PM »

Great stuff guys. Allhallows has listed (pretty much his entire list) a whole bunch of TV movies I really want to see but haven't got around to just yet.
Apparently, it's all available on youtube (watching right now).  Check it out:  
Small | Large

The rest is up there, but be warned, if I remember correctly, the ending is... eh, disturbing.

Poking around, found some more TV movie titles worth looking for, all from the ABC Movie of the Week
A COLD NIGHT'S DEATH (1973)
DEATH TAKES A HOLIDAY (1971)
HOW AWFUL ABOUT ALLAN (1970)
GO ASK ALICE (1973)
THE LEGEND OF LIZZIE BORDEN (1975)
ISN'T IT SHOCKING? (1973)

« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 08:22:14 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Texdar
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2010, 07:10:53 PM »

I thought The Possessed (1978) was a good movie.  Liked the scene where the woman spit out all the nails.  It freaked me out as a kid.  It even had Harrison Ford in it.

I bent my wookie!
Raffine

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2010, 09:45:03 AM »

I recall it was really chilling seeing Elizabeth Montgomery as Lizzie. Bewitched had only been off the air a couple of years and was everywhere in reruns.

I saw this one recently for the first time since it was originally on ABC way back when. It holds up very well, especially Montgomery's performance.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2010, 04:54:22 PM »

I recall it was really chilling seeing Elizabeth Montgomery as Lizzie. Bewitched had only been off the air a couple of years and was everywhere in reruns.

I saw this one recently for the first time since it was originally on ABC way back when. It holds up very well, especially Montgomery's performance.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqXCp1VYdwU

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Raffine

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2010, 10:07:40 PM »

Thanks for that scene!

It's amazing how closely Montogomery resembled Borden in this.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2010, 08:24:28 PM »

Many mentioned, but I'd like to mention one from 1974.

"Death Cruise"

Three couples: Richard Long and Polly Bergen, Edward Albert and Kate Jackson, and Celeste Holm and Tom Bosley win a free cruise on a cruise ship, but as soon as the ship leaves port, someone or someones start to kill off the six passengers. Also starring Michael Constantine, as the ship's doctor, who sets out to solve the murders, and Cesare Danova as the ship's captain.

A neat mystery with a couple of neat twists at the end.

As a historical note, this was Richard Long's last film role, before he died.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2010, 02:26:23 PM »

* ROOTS

* THE HOLOCAUST

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Surprisingly Good Television Movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.