Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:26:37 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  Inventor unveils $7,000 talking sex robot « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Inventor unveils $7,000 talking sex robot  (Read 21066 times)
3mnkids
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: February 02, 2010, 08:55:39 AM »

http://www.cnn.com/2010/TECH/02/01/sex.robot/index.html

Las Vegas, Nevada (CNN) -- To some men, she might seem like the perfect woman: She's a willowy 5 feet 7 and 120 pounds. She'll chat with you endlessly about your interests. And she'll have sex whenever you please -- as long as her battery doesn't run out.

Meet Roxxxy, who may be the world's most sophisticated talking female sex robot. For $7,000, she's all yours.

"She doesn't vacuum or cook, but she does almost everything else," said her inventor, Douglas Hines, who unveiled Roxxxy last month at the Adult Entertainment Expo in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Lifelike dolls, artificial sex organs and sex-chat phone lines have been keeping the lonely company for decades. But Roxxxy takes virtual companionship to a new level.

Powered by a computer under her soft silicone "skin," she employs voice-recognition and speech-synthesis software to answer questions and carry on conversations. She even comes loaded with five distinct "personalities," from Frigid Farrah to Wild Wendy, that can be programmed to suit customers' preferences.

TeddyR   I do wonder who did the makeup. It looks like it was done by a mortician. ewww.  Im also curious what she says. Im sure its not things like are you going to take the trash out? and would you please ask for directions!?

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
SPazzo

My kinda toy...

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 12:49:01 PM »

Buggedout

I may just be speaking for myself here.  But I would never even think of buying that.  It looks disgusting.  Plus it's a little misogynistic, who would want to just have sex with a woman and not have a relationship with her?  (Please, don't answer that.)

I would say, f**k paying $7000 for it and go meet a girl and use that money to take her out to dinner.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 05:58:53 PM »

Seriously, they are really that desperate for sex?

yeah no.
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 06:45:29 PM »

That doll scares me.  Why pay so much money for a sex robot; aren't inflatable ones cheaper?    Wink

I may just be speaking for myself here.  But I would never even think of buying that.  It looks disgusting.  Plus it's a little misogynistic, who would want to just have sex with a woman and not have a relationship with her?  (Please, don't answer that.)

I agree completely with you.  I would never buy that thing and I wouldn't buy any thing similiar.  That stuff is just disgusting in my view.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
paula
Bad Movie Lover

Just give me hairspray and I can rule the world!

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 07:09:07 PM »

apparantly......yes

"What about the American Dream?"
"It came true!  You're looking at it!"
Paquita

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 07:20:11 PM »

I kind of want one!  But not for what she's intended.. I'm just really interested in her programmable and swappable personalities.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 08:55:57 PM »

I kind of want one!  But not for what she's intended.. I'm just really interested in her programmable and swappable personalities.

No, you want it cuz it looks like a zombie, right?  BounceGiggle TeddyR

yeah no.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2010, 09:21:03 PM »

apparantly......yes

No comment.  Lookingup But make one that can discuss bad movies and looks like Paula or Paquita and maybe we'll talk!

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Jim H

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2010, 09:45:08 PM »

Buggedout

I may just be speaking for myself here.  But I would never even think of buying that.  It looks disgusting.  Plus it's a little misogynistic, who would want to just have sex with a woman and not have a relationship with her?

It's a false relationship, but the talking side of the robot is meant to simulate real conversations.  As in, more than just a sex doll.  Thing I thought, if you're going to have her be anatomically correct and all that jazz, why not go the whole nine yards and make it so she can actually move a little? 

But, as far as men wanting to have sex with women without a relationship?  If the internet is anything to go by, tens of millions of men (probably more like hundreds) want that sort of thing at some point in their lives.
paula
Bad Movie Lover

Just give me hairspray and I can rule the world!

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2010, 11:40:23 PM »

apparantly......yes

No comment.  Lookingup But make one that can discuss bad movies and looks like Paula or Paquita and maybe we'll talk!

ok, i have to see a real pic of paquita....gotta scope out the competition here!

"What about the American Dream?"
"It came true!  You're looking at it!"
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2010, 02:05:11 AM »

So basically it's a really expensive robo-hooker that looks like a zombie and can't kill your arch nemesis.  You know, I almost want to buy 8 of them.  Not for the robo-sex or anything, but so I can modify them and have my 8 robot masters. 
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2010, 09:16:22 AM »

Powered by a computer under her soft silicone "skin," she employs voice-recognition and speech-synthesis software to answer questions and carry on conversations. She even comes loaded with five distinct "personalities," from Frigid Farrah to Wild Wendy, that can be programmed to suit customers' preferences.

It looks like it was done by a mortician. ewww.  Im also curious what she says. Im sure its not things like are you going to take the trash out? and would you please ask for directions!?

Oh I think you can count on the "Wild Wendy" persona talking trash.   Wink

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2010, 02:00:42 PM »

apparantly......yes

ok, i have to see a real pic of paquita....gotta scope out the competition here!
just look at her myspace page

yeah no.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2010, 02:09:15 PM »

apparantly......yes

It's always been my dream to have women compete to be the model for my personalized sex robot!

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2010, 10:08:41 PM »

apparantly......yes

It's always been my dream to have women compete to be the model for my personalized sex robot!
so YOU'RE  the desperate one  BounceGiggle

yeah no.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  Inventor unveils $7,000 talking sex robot « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.