Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:23:42 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Games  |  Fame or Shame: TV Shows Discussion Thread « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Fame or Shame: TV Shows Discussion Thread  (Read 54927 times)
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2010, 05:05:41 PM »

M*A*S*H enters the Hall of Shame. Was surprised to not see this get more supporters (although Rev. tried his best to save it). Personally I always thought it was one of the most overrated shows ever on television. I never ever really cared for it at all. Guess I wasn't as all alone in that as I used to once think.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2010, 01:19:41 PM »

This thread needs to be moved. There'll be some updating to do here shortly.

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2010, 08:54:22 PM »

Mystery Science Theater 3000 joins the Hall of Fame. I have mixed feelings about MST3K myself. I hated when they made fun of really good movies such as The Crawling Eye, Revenge of the Creature and This Island Earth showing poorly edited versions in some cases but I have to admit I did laugh when they made fun of stuff like Prince of Space and Invasion of the Neptune Men. Hence I didn't vote for or against the series here.

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2010, 09:44:07 PM »

MST3K was and still is a brilliant show IMHO.  It was one of the seeds planted in my mind that eventually made me want to start reviewing films.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2010, 10:49:02 AM »

I hated when they made fun of really good movies such as The Crawling Eye, Revenge of the Creature and This Island Earth...

THIS ISLAND EARTH is the only one of those I would describe as "good," much less "really good."  Still, I never got offended when they made fun of a movie I liked, as long as they made it funny.  The editing of THIS ISLAND EARTH was obnoxious because of studio interference, but I thought they still did a good job all things considering.   

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2010, 09:19:09 PM »

Personally I think of all 3 as classics, flawed but still classics. I always liked quite a number of other films they showed on there. It always kind of bugged me it was usually an easy target they went with - low budget B-movies. I'm sure someone could just as easily make fun of most of today's blockbusters, and many of them probably deserve it far more, not to mention some that even have won Oscars. Still I have to admit they were sometimes very funny and I did like the little segments they did in between during the series..actually I think I liked those better than the making jokes, sometimes they were also very lame or poorly done IMO, at a movie's expense. The Crawling Eye they aired is also the edited shorter American version of the film.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2010, 10:12:49 AM »

Jase, you may be pleased to know (if you don't already) that Mike Nelson's post-MST3K project RIfftrax does just that (makes fun of Hollywood blockbusters).  They've even done CASABLANCA, which doesn't offend me in the slightest. 

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2010, 04:29:22 PM »

Hill Street Blues joins the Hall of Fame. It was truly an high quality police show with gritty, more realistic stories.

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2010, 05:55:54 PM »

Hogan's Heroes joins the Hall of Shame. I caught of few episodes of it here and there. It didn't make me laugh once. The situations seemed so forced and contrived as is the whole premise really.

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2010, 09:21:25 PM »

Happy Days enters the Hall of Shame. There were things I liked about the show...I loved the theme music opening the show. I thought the Fonz was an iconic character but once the show got underway, I found it usually disappointed me more often than not and just wasn't terribly funny or really even all that great at holding my attention. A show I wanted to like but just could never really get into.

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2010, 09:18:01 PM »

Murder She Wrote joins the Hall of Fame. This show starring Angela Lansbury was one of my mother's favourite shows as I was growing up so inevitably I had to watch it too. I ended up usually enjoying it far more than I expected.

Home Improvement joins the Hall of Shame. Tim Allen starred in this series as a somewhat sexist inadequate tool man/handyman who liked to grunt a lot. I enjoy Allen's movies a lot more as really the only truly likable characters on the show were Al and the unseen next door neighbor.

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2010, 11:34:41 PM »

The Dick Van Dyke Show joins the Hall of Fame. This was one of the earliest sitcoms and was truly a groundbreaking show in its era. Not only did it give us Van Dyke as Rob Petrie but also Mary Tyler Moore as his not always quite perfect wife Laura. The couple sometimes had realistic fights and the Petries actually seemed to come across as a real couple, at least real in terms of  1960s era TV, but mostly it was good, fun escapism at its best.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2010, 01:12:09 PM »

If anything deserves to be in the TV Hall of Fame the Dick Van Dyke show does. 

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2010, 10:42:42 PM »

Roseanne joins the Hall of Fame. Certainly a groundbreaking show in many ways as it features one of the arguably most realistic everyday working class families ever portrayed in a comedy sitcom. The cast was very good and each played their parts particularly well. This was far from your perfect happy family but the family and the issues/troubles they face were realistic and it was just about time to see less than perfect characters get some TV time for a change.

JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2010, 11:54:00 PM »

The Daily Show was put to shame. Never really cared much for it personally to be honest...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Games  |  Fame or Shame: TV Shows Discussion Thread « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.