Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:33:08 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Food from SF movies/TV: need suggestions « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Food from SF movies/TV: need suggestions  (Read 1564 times)
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« on: February 04, 2010, 08:56:54 AM »

My son is at university.  He recently joined a newly-formed Science Fiction club.  At their first meeting two weeks ago one of the ideas suggested for the weekly meetings was snacks of 'science fiction' foods.  So of course Sheppard baked up some 'soylent green' cookies and took them to the meeting this week.  (That's my boy!) The little green squares were quite well-received.

Which brings up the next challenge: following up with other snacks that have a science fiction association - films or TV; perhpas even books.  A cursory search online really did not bring up anything helpful.  The ideal would be something that is practical (and simple) to make and transport, appropriate for after-the-movie/TV episode-watching finger food.  There seem to be a lot of Star Trek foods out there, but they are mainly invented recipes for main dishes. (ETA: Yes, Romulan Ale was suggested - but it was pointed out that it is [will be??] outlawed.)

Oh: and we've pretty much ruled out live mealworms standing in for  'Klingon gak'   Lookingup

Any suggestions?  Seems to me it does not need to be exotic: just having an SF association or reference (such as being spoken of or appearing in a movie) would be fine.  ET's candies or Arthur Dent's tea - that sort of thing.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 09:08:29 AM by Newt » Logged

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 10:27:33 AM »

I seem to remember that Zelda and her hench-men from Terrahawks used to eat some sort of vile looking green jelly.

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 02:24:43 PM »

I don't suppose applesauce in paper cups would go over well as a Robocop-themed snack.

Maybe something spiced, in honour of Dune. Spice cake?

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 02:48:37 PM »

GM Turkey a la Eraserhead.
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 04:49:53 PM »

BRAINS!  Buggedout

Kurt Russel drank a lotta whiskey in the THING... come to think of it-lotsa booze swilling in the KILLER SHREWS too....not really a snack for most tho...
Hmmm....Tomatos? Like Killer tomatos....no?
Uuuhhh...gee...the Frankenstein Monster eats chicken in a catacombs in BRIDE of FRANKENSTEIN.
Chitlens! The Living Dead do a lotta chitlen munching! No?
A bowl of green vomit! As in BAD TASTE! You could subsitute split pea soup!
uhmmmm......this is tuff!
Bananas? PLANET OF THE APES!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 05:08:31 PM »

Maybe something spiced, in honour of Dune. Spice cake?

Cinnamon...there is potential there!  Thanks!

BRAINS!  Buggedout

Kurt Russel drank a lotta whiskey in the THING... come to think of it-lotsa booze swilling in the KILLER SHREWS too....not really a snack for most tho...
Hmmm....Tomatos? Like Killer tomatos....no?
Uuuhhh...gee...the Frankenstein Monster eats chicken in a catacombs in BRIDE of FRANKENSTEIN.
Chitlens! The Living Dead do a lotta chitlen munching! No?
A bowl of green vomit! As in BAD TASTE! You could subsitute split pea soup!
uhmmmm......this is tuff!
Bananas? PLANET OF THE APES!

RC you are a GEM!  Thumbup Yes: it is surprisingly tough, isn't it.  Buggedout

Turkey...green jelly...all food for thought.  The brainstorming is a real help.  Thumbup  Thanks!  Keep them coming, guys!

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Food from SF movies/TV: need suggestions « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.