Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:34:39 PM
713356 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Late 80s/Early 90s Cheesy Vampire Movie? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Late 80s/Early 90s Cheesy Vampire Movie?  (Read 21853 times)
ChocolateChipCharlie
Bad Movie Lover

Oh my my, my Mitchell...

« on: February 04, 2010, 12:15:49 PM »

Just found this site, and it is amazing.   Cheers

I've been pondering this one for years.  Maybe someone here can help.  I saw this movie probably 15 years ago on cable, and I remember very little about it - but I have a weird sort of memory so what I do remember is extremely specific.

There is a scene where someone gets in an elevator with a fat vampire guy who has his fangs out and may be wearing a suit - the fat vampire guy says "Got a light?"  In my head the guy is the creepy gas station/shopkeeper guy from The Stuff, but I think that's my memory playing tricks on me.

The final scene takes place in a kind of dusty hallway with sunlight coming in through the windows.  The head vampire character gets staked, withers up and dies, and he's thrown into a coffin somehow.  The final scene of the movie shows the dead vampire guy in his coffin and I think the stake falls out, and you see his dried-up vampire face twist into a smile - sequel, anyone?!?  Cue rowdy music of some kind and roll credits.

I saw a movie around the same time where a female cop with big dark wavy hair and too-high 80s jeans gets involved with a vampire and starts beating up guys at work.  It could be the same movie or I could be splicing it together in a 15-year-old memory haze.

I know I didn't give much to work with, but I figured I'd give it a whirl.  Any info would be much appreciated.  :)
Skull
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 09:59:45 AM »

This is interesting... a movie about a Fat Vampire?

I have not seen any "Fat Vampire Movie" although it does make some silly sense... I'd assume its might be one of those Made for Video movies made from a video recorder from the middle 1980's thru 1990's although they are bad they are noway as bad as the camcorder movies that were comming out this decade.

As for females with big wavy hair and high wasted pants (that was the typical fashon in the mid 1980's to early 1990's) My wife and I was watching Intruder (1989) last night and the lead girl had big hair and high wasted pants and those pants made her ass ridiculous big and funny... although it wasnt intended we were laughing our butts off everytime she bend over.

"Got a light?" seems like a quote one of the guys said in VAMP (1986) before or while the place when up into flames (although I could be wrong since its been almost 10 years I'd seen that flick) but there was no fat vampire in that movie or an elevator.

do you remember anything else?
ChocolateChipCharlie
Bad Movie Lover

Oh my my, my Mitchell...

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 01:39:31 PM »

The fat vampire was a henchman for the head vampire guy, he wasn't a main character.

VAMP was one movie I was looking at when I was trying to figure out possibles, although if Grace Jones is the head vampire character then it's definitely not that one. 

NIGHTLIFE was another, but when I read the synopsis here I ruled that one out.  I had thought that the elevator fat guy might have been the guy who played the psychic in Beetlejuice and the priest in Heathers, as I saw that listed on IMDB.  Guess not though.

The more I think about it, the more I think that the girl with the wavy hair and 80s pants is from a different movie.  Maybe the fat vampire guy and the stake-falling-out, vampire-smiling-coming-back-to-life scenes are from different movies too, but in my head they are closely associated.

I think it's a really obscure movie either way.  The end scene is much more memorable than the fat vampire in the elevator scene, so if someone is going to get this one it will probably be from the end scene.  I could draw a picture of it, too...but that's all I've got.
Skull
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 02:20:29 PM »

I imdb vampire/elevator and got: Fright Night Part 2 (1988) and Bordello of Blood (1996) (as well as a few others http://www.imdb.com/keyword/elevator/vampire/)

hehe its been a long times since I'd seen both movies but I do recall hating Fright Night Part 2... If I was going to *guess* a movie I'll pick Fright Night Part 2 since the girls should have the big hair and high waisted pants... :)

althouth the elevator could be a service elevator/Dumbwaiters and not actually listed in imdb... But the quote "Got a light?" could be something about or directed towards the event at hand (like the place being burned or sunlight on the way)

I do remember the ending of A Return to Salem's Lot (1987) ended with flames...

I think (but could be wrong) Don Rickles might of said "Got a light?" in Innocent Blood (1992) I think its before he died (or burned up into flames... good flick but its been a long times since I seen it.

A wild guess is Vampire Cop (1990) (movies is from the late 80's so girls have high wasted pants and likly a girl cop... but I have not seen the movie.)

ChocolateChipCharlie
Bad Movie Lover

Oh my my, my Mitchell...

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 03:33:32 PM »

I imdb vampire/elevator and got: Fright Night Part 2 (1988) and Bordello of Blood (1996)

hehe its been a long times since I'd seen both movies but I do recall hating Fright Night Part 2... If I was going to *guess* a movie I'll pick Fright Night Part 2 since the girls should have the big hair and high waisted pants... :)

althouth the elevator could be a service elevator/Dumbwaiters and not actually listed in imdb... But the quote "Got a light?" could be something about or directed towards the event at hand (like the place being burned or sunlight on the way)

I do remember the ending of A Return to Salem's Lot (1987) ended with flames...

I think (but could be wrong) Don Rickles might of said "Got a light?" in Innocent Blood (1992) I think its before he died (or burned up into flames... good flick but its been a long times since I seen it.

A wild guess is Vampire Cop (1990) (movies is from the late 80's so girls have high wasted pants and likly a girl cop... but I have not seen the movie.)

Some interesting points and suggestions.

I have seen Innocent Blood and I don't think that was it but I will go back and check.
I have seen Fright Night but not Part 2, it's been on my list.  The 80s chick part might fit that one but I know the staking part was a guy so I don't think that's the one.
I can't believe I haven't seen A Return to Salem's Lot.  It's a Larry Cohen movie, and his stuff is always exquisitely terrible.  Plus there's 1987 Tara Reid, which should be comical.  I'll have to check that one out as well.
Vampire Cop does not look like the one I am thinking of from what I can see on IMDB, but it looks like it's worth watching anyway.  :)
Was there an elevator in Bordello of Blood?  I don't remember that...that's not the movie anyway though, I'm very familiar with it.

I know the movie I saw was a comedy, as I think it was on Comedy Central when I saw it.  I'm looking through IMDB's vampire/comedy listings so hopefully I'll find it sooner or later.  I was looking at vampire/stake and didn't have any luck though, so the movie I'm looking for may not be extensively keyworded.

Thanks!
ChocolateChipCharlie
Bad Movie Lover

Oh my my, my Mitchell...

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 04:00:22 PM »

Some possibles that I haven't seen yet:

Transylvania Twist - I need to see this anyway, if Robert Vaughn is the vampire.  Wow.
Rockula
Love at First Bite - earlier than I thought and I like to think I would remember George Hamilton as the lead, but for some reason I keep looking at this one.
Skull
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 04:15:54 PM »

So the movie I'm looking for may not be extensively keyworded.

hehe true with most "hard to find films" it may require you to bang your head against the wall a few times... :)

Although you believe that you might of seen it in Comedy Central... I suggest you to first line up the usual suspects; the typical vampire/horror comedies that CC would play: Vamp, Once Bitten, Transylvania 6-5000, Saturday the 14th, Saturday the 14th Strikes Back, My Best Friend Is a Vampire, Vampire's Kiss, Dracula: Dead and Loving It, etc...

:)
ChocolateChipCharlie
Bad Movie Lover

Oh my my, my Mitchell...

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2010, 04:31:40 PM »

So the movie I'm looking for may not be extensively keyworded.

hehe true with most "hard to find films" it may require you to bang your head against the wall a few times... :)

Although you believe that you might of seen it in Comedy Central... I suggest you to first line up the usual suspects; the typical vampire/horror comedies that CC would play: Vamp, Once Bitten, Transylvania 6-5000, Saturday the 14th, Saturday the 14th Strikes Back, My Best Friend Is a Vampire, Vampire's Kiss, Dracula: Dead and Loving It, etc...

:)

Thanks for the list - as noted I've seen most of them but I don't think I've seen any of the Saturday the 14ths, so that will be a good place to look.  Thanks!
ChocolateChipCharlie
Bad Movie Lover

Oh my my, my Mitchell...

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2010, 09:33:28 AM »

Just found a youtube stream of NIGHTLIFE and it turns out that WAS it!   Cheers

I flipped to the last scene and it clicked right away and was just about exactly as I remembered it.  Not sure why I ruled this one out in the first place.   Question

I didn't see the elevator/Got a Light scene but I am pretty sure it's in there somewhere.  I'll have to go back and watch the whole thing sometime.  It totally was the Beetle Juice guy.

The "girl cop" stuff was from a different movie, obviously.  I'll keep thinking on that one but for now this one is SOLVED.   Drink
ChocolateChipCharlie
Bad Movie Lover

Oh my my, my Mitchell...

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2011, 11:06:31 PM »

I know this was moved to solved already, but I figured I'd post it anyway - I found the "vampire cop chick with wavy hair and high jeans" movie.  MIDNIGHT KISS.  I was definitely remembering the scene where she wakes up hung over after getting bitten, she's all tarted up and there's a standoff at the police station, and she just beats the hell out of the guy.  Not while wearing high jeans though - that was from a different scene.

This has been bugging me for a long time.   Cheers
Tubbz77
New Visitor

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2016, 12:20:24 AM »

Wow I just was searching for this movie and all I had to go on was the ending. It took me 19 years to finally find out this movie. Thanks been bugging me for years
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Late 80s/Early 90s Cheesy Vampire Movie? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.