Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:06:14 AM
713330 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Quick heads-up for Nukie2 « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Quick heads-up for Nukie2  (Read 17895 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2010, 06:23:28 AM »

Nukie2 alerted me to the fact that the DVD was now available for purchase ~ thanks for that ~ but the releasing company chose not to use any of my information on the sleeves. Not fair and not nice.  Hatred Hatred

That said, Nukie is available and is playable on all players bearing the mark Zone Sh*t.   Hatred

Sorry about that Trevor, what total douches! I wonder how many other people have been strung along by submitting sleeve notes and info to them?

I'm the only people who has done that ~ I supply all info for their local releases ~ and this isn't the first time that they've turned info down. If it wasn't for Nukie2 sending me a PM about the Nukie DVD release, I wouldn't have known.  Bluesad

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Nukie 2
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I did it all for the...

« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2010, 09:04:02 AM »

What b@stards! I'm sorry man!

It appears they may have cut some stuff out as this release is 84 min, when the VHS and laserdisk are at 99 min. So they're probably taking it seriously, as they say on the cover its a "golden oldie", a "golden oldie" with 15 min cut out of it, from 1988. They're not going to do well in sales saying it's a classic in the conventional sense.

They should have went with your idea-- the unintentional comedy.

Watch Nukie on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wab1Y713tN0
"Like" International Fans of the Movie Nukie and Sias Odendaal on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Fans-of-the-Movie-Nukie-and-Sias-Odendaal/135820159771783
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2010, 09:12:26 AM »

It appears they may have cut some stuff out as this release is 84 min, when the VHS and laserdisk are at 99 min. So they're probably taking it seriously, as they say on the cover its a "golden oldie", a "golden oldie" with 15 min cut out of it, from 1988. They're not going to do well in sales saying it's a classic in the conventional sense.

Thanks for the heads-up anyway ~ I would never have known if you didn't send that PM to me. They certainly didn't want to let me know ~ I even supplied them with bios for Sias Odendaal and Michael Pakleppa.

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2010, 09:16:27 AM »

Yeah, the heartwarming cover photo is a pretty good indication of where they want to go with it. That in itself is pretty funny, since it's a heartwarming picture of two cute kids, a kindly nun (so far so good) and a hydrocephalic Ross Perot with leprosy. These people really don't have a clue, do they? And labelling it a "South African golden oldie" just makes the whole country look bad. TeddyR

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2010, 09:20:30 AM »

(Is that Nukie's skin, or is it his undergarments?)   TeddyR

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2010, 09:20:49 AM »

That picture is hilarious!  TeddyR

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2010, 09:49:07 AM »

And what's with Nukie's posture? Looks like he's saying "Word." he just needs a sideways trucker hat and some gold chains.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2010, 10:03:45 AM »

It's like Seth Brundle got in his telepod with a jacket potato!  BounceGiggle

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2010, 11:35:09 AM »

Nukie2 alerted me to the fact that the DVD was now available for purchase ~ thanks for that ~ but the releasing company chose not to use any of my information on the sleeves. Not fair and not nice.  Hatred Hatred

That said, Nukie is available and is playable on all players bearing the mark Zone Sh*t.   Hatred

Sorry about that Trevor, what total douches! I wonder how many other people have been strung along by submitting sleeve notes and info to them?

I'm the only people who has done that ~ I supply all info for their local releases ~ and this isn't the first time that they've turned info down. If it wasn't for Nukie2 sending me a PM about the Nukie DVD release, I wouldn't have known.  Bluesad

I'm curious: did they pay you for the extra work you did, or did they just mooch off your services as a film archivist?

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2010, 11:49:01 AM »

I'm curious: did they pay you for the extra work you did, or did they just mooch off your services as a film archivist?

Put it this way, Rev: my middle name is no longer Thomas, it's Mooch.  Buggedout

BTW: I wish the people that ignored my information could see some of the replies like AndyC's ~ they would pull the sleeve quickly.  BounceGiggle TeddyR

Nukie 2

I did it all for the...

« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2010, 12:04:35 PM »

Put it this way, Rev: my middle name is no longer Thomas, it's Mooch.  Buggedout

BTW: I wish the people that ignored my information could see some of the replies like AndyC's ~ they would pull the sleeve quickly.  BounceGiggle TeddyR

Then they'd probably use this one!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Fans-of-the-Movie-Nukie-and-Sias-Odendaal/135820159771783
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2010, 12:09:23 PM »

That in itself is pretty funny, since it's a heartwarming picture of two cute kids, a kindly nun (so far so good) and a hydrocephalic Ross Perot with leprosy. These people really don't have a clue, do they?

I can't say anything to that except  BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

And labelling it a "South African golden oldie" just makes the whole country look bad. TeddyR

True words, brother.  BounceGiggle

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2010, 12:24:45 PM »

My submitted info is on page 3 of this thread and I stole several pictures from www.stomptokyo.com's review of the film. All that effort.....wasted.  Bluesad

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2010, 12:27:33 PM »

(Is that Nukie's skin, or is it his undergarments?)   TeddyR

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

No, it's his advert for the AbRoller.  Wink

Nukie 2

I did it all for the...

« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2010, 09:47:16 AM »

So as I was typing Sias Odendal into the google search bar, and a "Sias Odendaal" came up instead,
it wouldn't surprise me if he added one more "a" to his name to distance himself from the movie for 20 years until now.
But I found a facebook account and a photo:

is this the face of the man who wrote and directed Nukie?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Quick heads-up for Nukie2 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.