Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:36:37 AM
714329 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  need help falling into the next level of MADNESS. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: need help falling into the next level of MADNESS.  (Read 6554 times)
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« on: February 05, 2010, 01:33:09 PM »

Ok, there are SEVERAL sub-genres that branch out of our beloved b-movie family tree. 50's atomic monster fliks, cheesy kung fu, japaneese monster fliks, troma, ect. You guys know the list. But theres ONE type that leeches onto my vertebre like a Tingler and hazznt let go since I dared to tred foot into its bizzare teritory. I lovingly call these b-movies the "Grab Bag" sub-genre, because you have no idea what your gunna get once you plunge into it, but you know its gunnabe sumthin' WEIRD. These are films like Richard Elfmans "Forbidden Zone" , Alex Winter's "Freaked" and stuff like that.

Now I'm ina pickle, because i need my fix, but dont know where to look. I thought "Cool World" would do the trick, but that ended up being ......eh.

So any suggestions? and I dont mean movies that have just like ONE memorabe "WTF" scene, I want the WEIRDEST most ACIDY trip movie you can suggest, without it being to "artsy fartsy".
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 01:34:41 PM by KYGOTC » Logged

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
Skull
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 02:39:22 PM »

I've always thought movies like "Forbidden Zone", "Pink Flamingos" and "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" are Cult Movies made on Purpose, the director intent is to make these films a cult movie.

Cool World I'd assumed it a typical Exploitation film using the tech of Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988) for an adult audience.
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 04:37:41 PM »

Ah, a topic after my own heart; Forbidden Zone never fails to take me to my happy place, and Freaked is also lots of fun. A few more that might help you get your fix:

Jacob's Ladder. Not a comedy, but plenty weird.
Shakes the Clown. The reason we don't see Bobcat Goldthwaite in front of the cameras any more.
For Your Height Only. Midget Phillipino super spy. Need I say more?
Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter. No explanation needed.

And yet more that don't measure up to the enjoyable weirdness above, but that might meet your needs:

The Dark Backward. I don't really like this one, but it is definitely weird.
Naked Lunch. Typewriter insects and other anomalies.
Barbarella. One of two Jane Fonda movies I'll voluntarily watch (the other being Cat Ballou).

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 05:29:00 PM »

Ah, a topic after my own heart; Forbidden Zone never fails to take me to my happy place, and Freaked is also lots of fun. A few more that might help you get your fix:

Shakes the Clown. The reason we don't see Bobcat Goldthwaite in front of the cameras any more.

And yet more that don't measure up to the enjoyable weirdness above, but that might meet your needs:

Barbarella. One of two Jane Fonda movies I'll voluntarily watch (the other being Cat Ballou).

Naked Lunch not up on the wierdness scale? I don't know that I agree with you there. It's plenty wierd.

Smile

For comedic controversial wierdness, you may want to try Hamlet 2 (2008). Not a great film, but full lots of odd uncomfortable moments and some very hilarious moments. Just remember the words "raped in the face."

I don't know what you mean by too artsy fartsy, but if you want nightmarish wierd, what about David Lynch. Plenty of wierdness there. That man operates from a level of his subconscious that is truly original.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
KYGOTC

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 06:11:31 PM »

Naked Lunch not up on the wierdness scale? I don't know that I agree with you there. It's plenty wierd.

Smile

For comedic controversial wierdness, you may want to try Hamlet 2 (2008). Not a great film, but full lots of odd uncomfortable moments and some very hilarious moments. Just remember the words "raped in the face."

I don't know what you mean by too artsy fartsy, but if you want nightmarish wierd, what about David Lynch. Plenty of wierdness there. That man operates from a level of his subconscious that is truly original.

David Lynch is EXACTLY what i meant by too artsy Fartsy. Eraser Head was one of the most long drawn out borring ass movies ive ever seen.

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2010, 06:51:27 PM »

Electric Dreams.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2010, 07:31:48 PM »

THE COWBOY KILLER

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2010, 09:13:28 PM »

Eraserhead
El Topo
Holy Mountain
A Chinese Torture Chamber Story

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Paquita

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2010, 09:34:05 PM »

Have you seen Videodrome?  Deborah Harry is in it!! Harry, Deborah!

I've heard of that movie before but I just recently saw it and Boy! it was weird! I did fall asleep at the end though so I have to see it again. I don't know though, it could be considered too artsy.
KYGOTC

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2010, 10:22:32 PM »

Have you seen Videodrome?  Deborah Harry is in it!! Harry, Deborah!

I've heard of that movie before but I just recently saw it and Boy! it was weird! I did fall asleep at the end though so I have to see it again. I don't know though, it could be considered too artsy.

Ive seen Videodrome. I liked it, but I dont really consider it a grab bag b-movie. Its to coherent and plot driven, which is not a BAD thing, I mean its JAMES WOODS, fer petes sake, but not what im looking for this time.

Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2010, 11:00:28 PM »

Smile

Naked Lunch is indeed very weird, but you skipped over my adjective: "enjoyable." I just didn't enjoy Naked Lunch as much as I did the others. I own it on dvd, but it just doesn't send me to my happy place like the others I listed.

I'll add to my list:

The Godmonster of Indian Flats. Mutant bipedal sheep.
Jabberwocky. One of the less-known movies starring the Monty Python cast.
Brazil. Is it real or a dream?
Spirited Killer. A $5 Wal-Mart find that features a trilogy of movies made early in the career of Ong Bak (sp?). They feature vampire zombies and martial artists breaking into pro wrestling matches.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2010, 11:47:25 PM »

Zardoz.   If you're looking for weirdness, you need to see Zardoz. 

Also, I'd recommend The Adventures of Baron Manchasen and Time Bandits. 
paula
Bad Movie Lover

Just give me hairspray and I can rule the world!

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2010, 12:00:38 AM »

Zardoz.   If you're looking for weirdness, you need to see Zardoz. 

Also, I'd recommend The Adventures of Baron Manchasen and Time Bandits. 

oooo! time bandits.  wonder when they will remake that one.

weird?  are we talking a certain genre?  i don't think i have the weird movie depth others do here.

southland tales
crank (its weird when you really think about it)

"What about the American Dream?"
"It came true!  You're looking at it!"
spongekryst
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2010, 03:35:04 AM »

Peter Rottentail
The Misled Romance of Cannibal Girl and Incest Boy
Monster High (you need acid to enjoy this on any conceivable level)
Danger: Diabolik
City of Lost Children
Fantastic Planet
Dick Tracy

and if you like anime, check out a show called, "Fooly Cooly".
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2010, 03:50:03 AM »

Jans Rautenbach's Jannie Totsiens [Johnny Farewell] is probably the best candidate for the weirdest film I have ever seen. It is an intensely scary film ~ set in a lunatic asylum ~ but it is also a very funny film. Think One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, amp it up and you have Jannie TotsiensTeddyR

Available from www.kalahari.net.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  need help falling into the next level of MADNESS. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.