Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:17:55 AM
713330 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Ever meet a fellow member of badmovies.org? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Ever meet a fellow member of badmovies.org?  (Read 17851 times)
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2010, 03:44:47 PM »

Unfortunately for me, I live in Montreal, Quebec whereas everyone here lives either in the U.S. or UK.

*Ahem* Correction: there are several Canucks on here.  Though we do come from all over the place.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2010, 03:56:22 PM »

Unfortunately for me, I live in Montreal, Quebec whereas everyone here lives either in the U.S. or UK.

*Ahem* Correction: there are several Canucks on here.  Though we do come from all over the place.

We are widely dispersed on purpose.  This way, no evil villain could take us all out with one bomb.  He'd need to send an army of sexy robots to seduce us one by one.  Actually, that sounds pretty good.  But I digress . . .

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2010, 11:31:15 PM »

I ran into Saucerman a few times at Monster-Mania 16, this past weekend. His jacket looks even better in person, by the way.

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2010, 11:58:14 AM »

I think everyone in here avoids meeting me on purpose.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2010, 12:14:37 PM »

Why would that be, Burgo?

"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2010, 08:02:06 PM »

Not at all.  In fact, next time you go down to Brazil buy me a ticket and I'll meet you there!

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2010, 08:12:37 PM »

umm, I hide from everyone here. I have no idea how to post a pic of my self on tha dang computer!

yeah no.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2010, 09:35:48 PM »

Ouch!  My eyes hurt!

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2010, 09:10:45 PM »

Never met anyone from here. 

I did meet a group of people I talk to from this one Weird Al forum thing I go to.  Al was doing a concert here in Philly and a bunch of em live around the area, so we met up after the show outside and all talked.  They knew each other for years and this was my first time meeting them.

Talked by phone to some people on another forum but never met.

Does anybody live near south jersey, particularly the camden county area?
I live in Monmouth county, NJ. Not really near you, but NJ is wee. 

What we need is a convention, in a city like New York... 'cause it's near me...  Lookingup  Wink  Drink
New York's a short trip from Philly, so if one were to happen, it's easy.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2010, 07:53:55 AM »

Not yet.  I have plans to meet several people I know from other boards.  And I do believe that I eventually will meet some of the BadMovies bunch as circumstances allow.  (C'mon: I have ponies for the kids and the world's largest fibreglass catfish!  Who is going to resist visiting?)

I am down in your neck of the woods once in a while, my wife's family being from Caledonia. It's just always around a holiday when there's too much going on to make a run down to Dunnville. I will work it in one of these days.

I met Andrew once, a few years back. It was at B-Fest in 2002. I knew he'd be there, so I just introduced myself to the most military looking guy in the room. He did stand out in that crowd. I was briefly introduced to some of the b-movie webmasters active at the time, but I don't know that any of them are currently active on this board.

There are a few of you I'd really like to meet, or even chat with on the phone sometime. I live in a place where if you're a guy who doesn't hunt, fish, play hockey or snowmobile, you just aren't going to have a whole lot of close friends.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 07:56:02 AM by AndyC » Logged

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2010, 07:58:42 AM »

Yeah, I'm probably the same distance from both of you. I seldom get over to Montreal though. Closest for me is having family in Ottawa.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2010, 10:17:04 AM »

I am down in your neck of the woods once in a while, my wife's family being from Caledonia. It's just always around a holiday when there's too much going on to make a run down to Dunnville. I will work it in one of these days.

Or I'll make it up north.  One of these days. Wink  Funny coincidence: we just dropped off our family's entries in the Caledonia Fair last night.  We'll be there with the 4-H too.  It's a big one for Dunnville-ites.  Smile

10,000 Volt Ghost
Ancient Radiation
Bad Movie Lover

Ancient Radiation

« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2010, 03:50:22 PM »

On my other forum I met up with 3 other people from it for the San Diego Comic con this year. Split a hotel room for 4.5 days. It was mad fun. We went  to the comic con, a rap show, a tranny stole my friends camera, videogames live concert, a cleveland browns fan saw my buffalo bills hat....we both hung our heads in shame. I would definitely do it again.

John Hancock
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2010, 06:27:03 AM »

Since my first post to this thread, I met up with two people from two other forums I frequent (both equestrian-related) - at the same 'horse-y' event.  I had the best day.  It was even more fun than I had anticipated and we will definitely do it again.  TeddyR

So I say 'go for it' - if you can arrange something, make it happen.  Life is short!

The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2010, 10:56:45 PM »

If the future works out the way I want it to, then I'll have at least one trip to a convention in the US every year. If it works out that way, I'll have to meet some of the Americans on this board.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Ever meet a fellow member of badmovies.org? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.