Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:55:45 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Five Element Ninjas « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Five Element Ninjas  (Read 18556 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: February 07, 2010, 04:00:55 PM »

A kung fu student must defeat gold, wood, water, fire, and earth ninjas in a movie that is wonderfully inventive, surprisingly bloody, and almost unbelievably fun.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 04:12:59 PM by Andrew » Logged

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 05:34:19 PM »

GOLD NINJA!

yeah no.
Josh
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 11:39:51 AM »

Love this flick, one of my favorite Shaw Bros. flicks. Although Crippled Avengers and The Kid With the Golden Arm I hold in pretty high regard as well!
SPazzo

My kinda toy...

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 03:09:19 PM »

This looks pretty sweet!  Thumbup  I'll probably see if I can pick up a DVD. Wink
venomx
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 10:24:18 PM »

You did the review! Awesome work Andrew!

Yes... I highly recommend this kungfu flick.
Steve76
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 05:55:31 AM »

I have seen this movie about a zillion times and it never gets old. This is probably my favorite Shaw movie ever, next to the Five Venoms. Excellent review!  Thumbup
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 08:54:11 PM »

Fasincating and it sounds like a hoot.  I have been meanign to check out some martial arts films and this sounds like an interesting choice to see.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2010, 02:49:15 AM »

When I get old I am moving to China and hitting blindfolded teenagers with a stick all day. It beats living in an old folks' home.

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

As Shao Tian Hao and his brothers get ninja smart, Mr. Kang is double-crossed by the master ninja and becomes the late Mr. Kang.

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

I sincerely wish that Andrew could have his wonderful sense of humor bottled and sold: I would never ever have to be on anti-depressants again.  TeddyR Cheers

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Al Frank
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2010, 05:51:39 PM »

Saw this on tv in Chicago when I was a kid in the early 80's. I searched for it for years and finally found it in 2007. Brilliant flick!
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2010, 10:36:56 AM »

You did the review! Awesome work Andrew!

Yes... I highly recommend this kungfu flick.

I have seen this movie about a zillion times and it never gets old. This is probably my favorite Shaw movie ever, next to the Five Venoms. Excellent review!  Thumbup

Thanks, and this film is a LOT of fun.  The almost insane gore is funny too, like the Wood Ninja getting pulled apart (into 5 or 6 pieces) by Shao Tian Hao and his brothers with the chains.  Chain around each limbs, but when he comes apart the limbs all go flying and the torso drops straight to the ground - I cannot remember if the head rolls free either.

The new Tokyo Shock DVD that just came out is incredible quality.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
The Rev. D.D.
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2010, 10:54:20 AM »

I saw this movie 15 years ago on USA, during a "Kung Fu June" thing they were doing.  I could not remember the name, although I remembered most of the plot, and ever since I have vainly tried to figure out what movie it is.  My descriptions always drew blanks stares and "I have no idea"s.  I was very sad, because the movie was bats**t crazy and pretty much awesome, and I loved it.

Now, thanks to you, I can track it down and FINALLY see it again.

You have done me a great service; should I ever make it to B-Fest (hopefully next year, he said once again whilst crossing his fingers), I will have to remember to thank you for it.
inframan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2010, 10:14:47 AM »

Media Blasters has done a great job on the DVD, as they have done with all their Shaw Brothers releases. Another interesting one to check out is Nina in the Deadly Trap, it was made by the other Venoms while Lo Mang worked on Five Element Nina with Chang Cheh.

Things I learned from this movie: even if multiple stab wounds to the thigh and groin are bearable stepping on your own intestines is a b***h.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 03:01:41 PM by inframan » Logged
Char
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2010, 09:51:31 AM »

I have to see this! I loved Crippled Avengers and Five Deadly Venoms.  Thumbup
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Five Element Ninjas « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.