Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:30:15 AM
713409 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Kung Fu movie..... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kung Fu movie.....  (Read 8216 times)
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« on: February 08, 2010, 12:51:37 PM »

Good Morning,

Seeing the wonderfully done review of the "Five Element Ninjas" (http://www.badmovies.org/movies/fiveelninja/) got me thinking of a movie I saw a long time ago.  It was about three (or two) guys that were beaten and possibly left for dead.  the three (or two) guys learn how to fight with specialized weapons.  One guy uses a gold chain (???) that can go through trees and I remember (if it is the same movie) there is a guy using large domino style blocks to fight people.  I also remember (could be a different film) where a guy uses his hair as a weapon and gets it ripped out.

Any help would be most welcome.

Later Bad Movies aficionados.

John

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
JPickettIII
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 09:29:46 PM »

WOW, 198 views and no guesses.  Sorry for a hard movie.   Drink

I will try to remember more of this movie or movies.

Later,

John

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
Umaril The Unfeathered
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 11:55:49 PM »

WOW, 198 views and no guesses.  Sorry for a hard movie.   Drink

I will try to remember more of this movie or movies.

Later,

John

Werd!  There were a lot of low budget (or NO budget) films that existed parallell to the Shaw Brothers' somewhat masterful (if dated) films, and being I've seen most of the good and bad films, this one dosen't ring a bell.

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
ajax7925
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 09:56:36 PM »

I have no clue - but you can check on hkfix.com... they have almost every Asian kung fu and non-kung fu ever made (and more)
JPickettIII
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 11:34:03 PM »

I have no clue - but you can check on hkfix.com... they have almost every Asian kung fu and non-kung fu ever made (and more)

I will do that.

Thanks,

John

Archivist

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2011, 10:33:17 PM »

Oh my god, I know I have seen this.  The 'gold chain' you are talking about is a chinese chain-whip, a kungfu weapon that uses long segments of metal hinged together.  The domino blocks are a folding chinese bench seat, used in many HK period movies and notably in Jackie Chan and Gordon Liu movies.  In the chain-whip training sequence, the man works and works until he is able to whip out the weapon and spear through a thick bamboo pole or something similar.

I have seen this movie but I can't remember what the heck it is.  It is definitely a Shaw Brothers movie, or at least is from that time period.  If I find it I will post back here.

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Archivist

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2011, 06:08:56 AM »

Okay, I just came across this, and I am pretty sure it is Five Shaolin Master (1974).  It has the folding bench fights, chain whip, and training sequence in the woods.  I am darn sure that if we could see this movie properly it would have the scene with the chain whip piercing the bamboo.

Small | Large

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2011, 11:14:19 PM »

I also remember (could be a different film) where a guy uses his hair as a weapon and gets it ripped out.

It could possibly be "Fists of the Double K".  Not 100% on that, though.

Small | Large

Or possibly this film:

Small | Large
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 11:24:04 PM by Ash » Logged
Archivist

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2011, 03:53:16 AM »

Not sure about the hair thing, but this review of Five Shaolin Masters confirms the bit about the chain whip:

http://www.kungfucinema.com/five-shaolin-masters-1974-317

"David Chiang has mastered the chain dart, another difficult-to-wield ‘soft’ weapon capable of piercing multiple bamboo stalks and any bodies that get in the way including Kong Do and his twin goons, assuming they let him."

If there is another movie out there with a group of guys training like crazy to master special techniques and weapons, and includes a chain whip piercing trees, I don't know it.  I remember now that the chain whip master speared a few people all the way through!

JPickettIII
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2011, 08:39:52 AM »

Wow these are some great leads.  I think the one from Archivist is closer to what I remember.  I am going to try an get this movie.  The other ones look great too.  I love the older Kung Fu movies.  The acrobatic actions and the special moves.  Then there is the dialogue  Cheers.

The movie is not in this clip but this video has a bunch of great Kung Fu movies put together:

Small | Large

Thanks for the help.

Later,

John

« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 08:07:24 AM by JPickettIII » Logged

Archivist

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2011, 04:19:00 AM »

Found it on YouTube.  All praise the Internet!

Small | Large

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Kung Fu movie..... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.