Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:42:37 AM
713393 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird or strange things that your pet does ... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Weird or strange things that your pet does ...  (Read 3511 times)
Silverlady
Bad Movie Lover

« on: February 08, 2010, 08:57:57 PM »

I have had dogs and cats as pets my whole life. As a young kid, I grew up in a house with a 3 legged dog (the dog had gotten hit by a car and a front leg was mangled beyond repair) It was either have the dog destroyed or live with a 3 legged dog. My parents chose the 3 legged dog.  I also remember my parents having another dog that loved white bread - would steal it right off the table if he could and chow down!  I also had a golden retriever, Max, about 10 years ago- who used to howl but it sounded as if  he was yodeling!

For 13 years I had a cat named Dexter (he died Feb 2009) who loved to chew on things - weird things.  He loved to gnaw on the bathtub faucet, molding on my entertainment cabinet, and a ceramic statue of a cat that I have in my living room - especially the ears on the thing!  Right now, I just have one cat, Dixie, who loves shoes!  She will rub her face all over any shoes that are around.  She'll stick her face in them and sometimes actually drool over them? Disgusting.

Any of you have pets with weird habits?

Hold onto your dreams ....
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 09:01:47 PM »

Does getting up the nice leather couch count?  BounceGiggle

yeah no.
Nukie 2
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I did it all for the...

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 09:17:04 PM »

My cat likes to jump on the rug in the kitchen, and go sliding across the tile floor on it and crash into his water bowl.
He also likes to hide and wait for me to walk by, then pounce and attack my leg.

Watch Nukie on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wab1Y713tN0
"Like" International Fans of the Movie Nukie and Sias Odendaal on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Fans-of-the-Movie-Nukie-and-Sias-Odendaal/135820159771783
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 09:38:38 PM »

My cat likes to sleep with his arms stretched out straight in front of him, like Superman flying.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 10:05:09 PM »

For 13 years I had a cat named Dexter (he died Feb 2009) who loved to chew on things - weird things.  He loved to gnaw on the bathtub faucet, molding on my entertainment cabinet, and a ceramic statue of a cat that I have in my living room - especially the ears on the thing!  Right now, I just have one cat, Dixie, who loves shoes!  She will rub her face all over any shoes that are around.  She'll stick her face in them and sometimes actually drool over them? Disgusting.
My 16 year old Kookoohed died in April 2009; a couple of times she decided that any certain someone's shoe was the perfect place to make pee...  Once in awhile she peed down the drain of the tub.  Lookingup  Smile

Though I did not want to replace that cat (impossible) I have adopted another cat, that I've been calling Chubby and he's proven very good company.  Large at 6 months, this cat is being raised here in the midst of two old dogs, a beagle and jack russell terrier (both 11 years).  Kitty thinks he's one of them, tries to sleep between them in their bed, plays fetch the way the beagle would, wants to eat dog food, and attacks both dogs like one cat would another cat (Chubby's lucky the terrier is old with loose teeth!!)  The dogs do not care for kitty, but put up with him.  He also likes to gnaw on sticks the way puppies do (he picks them out of the kindling pile by the fireplace). 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 12:35:33 AM »

Last week my pet bearded dragon tried to mate with my 15 year old daughter's shoe.  It was pretty hilarious.  Amorous lizards are funny!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 12:42:41 AM »

My older cat makes a groan like Marge Simpson when he's irritated.  We calling it "margeing." 
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2010, 02:04:18 AM »

We use to own a cat named Spot who would walk on her hind legs like she was a human. Sadly we lost her due to the tainted pet food incident a few years ago.
Currently we own a long haired black catnamed Midnight who will use the digits on his paws like fingers when he trys to pick stuff. He even trys to make a fist and shake it at people. Granted we know when he's mad at someone because he will walk up next to them, fart, then walk away. I swear there is not much worse than the smell of cat farts. We have two more cats but they only do the usual cat stuff of tearing stuff up and slinking around.
We also have an indoor rabbit named Luna who rules the house pets. She will bully the three cats until they do what she wants them to do. It's funny to see that the alpha cat in the house is a French Lop rabbit.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2010, 02:08:58 AM »

He even trys to make a fist and shake it at people. Granted we know when he's mad at someone because he will walk up next to them, fart, then walk away.

BuggedoutBounceGiggle BounceGiggle

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2010, 02:38:34 AM »

...Currently we own a long haired black catnamed Midnight who will use the digits on his paws like fingers when he trys to pick stuff. He even trys to make a fist and shake it at people. Granted we know when he's mad at someone because he will walk up next to them, fart, then walk away. I swear there is not much worse than the smell of cat farts.
Amen to that brother, 'cause this Chubster makes 'em way stinky!!

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2010, 03:12:55 AM »

I can't keep pets where I live but I offer the following:

My Dad bought a ex-police dog to look after my mom and me when he was off on border duties. The dog was a silver Alsatian named Shane and the people that sold him to Dad said that Shane was incredibly vicious and would kill on sight. Riiiiiggggghhhhttttt....  Lookingup Shane was so vicious he let me ride on his back.

My Siamese cat Ming would somehow know if I was ill at home ~ she would come and sit on my bed and stay with me for hours, only leaving when I got up or when she needed to eat or go somewhere.  Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
flackbait

The fate of the last door to door salesmen

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2010, 09:55:35 AM »

Everytime I play with my dog outside, he always tries to herd me! He'll run around in circles until he gets tired. I find it pretty amusing when he plays with the neighbors bulldog, the poor little beast just end up standing still while Ike just keeps wheeling around him like a maniac.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2010, 11:42:07 AM »

One of my dogs (a Shih-Tzu / Bichon Frisse mix) likes to rest his chin on my neck while I'm sleeping.

My other dog (a Shih-Tzu / Peek a Poo mix) tries to hump the other dog whenever my wife annouces that it's time for them to eat.  Both dogs are male.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird or strange things that your pet does ... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.