Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:31:22 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Palin's Palm Holds the Answers « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Palin's Palm Holds the Answers  (Read 3383 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« on: February 08, 2010, 04:24:30 PM »

Palin's Palm Holds the Answers  
Remember those quizzes you had on the state capitals back in junior high? Oh, the pressure! The temptation to write "Pierre, Olympia, Dover, Albany" on the inside of your hand was overwhelming, wasn't it? But you resisted. Maybe Sarah Palin should have done the same.

The former vice presidential candidate seems to have been caught using curious crib notes during an interview this past weekend at the high-profile Tea Party Convention in Nashville. While speaking about her top political priorities, Ms. Palin gazed at her hand in a rather suspicious manner.

Later, Web researchers zoomed in on her left palm and found the following words scrawled in black ink: "Energy, Budget cuts (with "budget" crossed out), Tax, Lift American Spirits." In an ironic twist during the speech, Ms. Palin worked in a jab against President Obama's often-mocked use of TelePrompTers...  

http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzzlog/93375?fp=1  

« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 04:26:34 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
SPazzo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My kinda toy...

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 04:48:39 PM »

BounceGiggle

In all honestness, this doesn't make me think any less of her.  She is human after all.  Though, making fun of Obama for using teleprompters while having stuff written on her hand isn't that great.  It's not like she was really doing anything wrong.

I still don't like or support her though.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 03:03:21 AM »

BounceGiggle

In all honestness, this doesn't make me think any less of her.  She is human after all.  Though, making fun of Obama for using teleprompters while having stuff written on her hand isn't that great.  It's not like she was really doing anything wrong.
Ye-ehs..., I could be President of the United States, so I gotta remember to talk about... En-ur-gee and Budget no, TAX CUTS!!! And lifting "American Spirits" of course, where I get to act...   Bluesad

I say: Where are our leaders?

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Skull
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 10:40:40 AM »

BounceGiggle

In all honestness, this doesn't make me think any less of her.  She is human after all.  Though, making fun of Obama for using teleprompters while having stuff written on her hand isn't that great.  It's not like she was really doing anything wrong.

Agree!!!

My feelings about this topic: Nitpicking NEWS that has nothing to do about the character in question...

As for Obama and the teleprompter... He actually needs the teleprompter, the guy cannot talk without it!

akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 01:37:13 PM »

Couldn't she have used a piece of paper with her main talking points for reference and laid it on the podium?  Question  That's what most speakers who don't use a prompter do, in my experience.  Must have been a very impromptu change in her speech for her to resort to writing notes on her hand.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Skull
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 03:21:52 PM »

Couldn't she have used a piece of paper with her main talking points for reference and laid it on the podium?  Question  That's what most speakers who don't use a prompter do, in my experience.  Must have been a very impromptu change in her speech for her to resort to writing notes on her hand.

Hmmm... or she was trying to be environmentally friendly by saving a tree... Geeee :)
Dude
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 03:23:12 PM »

Sarah Palin uses a teleprompter many times, any google image search will show you dozens of pictures of her using teleprompters.  The ridiculous meme that the Right is pushing that Obama needs a teleprompter is part inability to counter anything said by such speeches so they must attack the delivery method, part jealousy that the Democrats have someone who can talk and not sound like a flippin' moron and part dog whistle racism that a black man needs help in order to talk well and not be all "Dat Dis Obama Vote 'em Me!"  

This post was originally written on my hand and copied from there.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Palin's Palm Holds the Answers « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.