Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:12:20 PM
713365 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bill & Ted's BOGUS remake « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Bill & Ted's BOGUS remake  (Read 8238 times)
vukxfiles
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2010, 01:08:43 PM »

How do you know it's bad when you haven't even seen the remake?
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2010, 02:07:35 PM »

did you even READ the DESCRIPTION?

http://io9.com/375484/bill-and-teds-completely-unnecessary-remake

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2010, 02:52:10 PM »

We don't even need to see it. Remakes post 2000 = maximum suckage.

Plus, it doesn't need to be made like every other damn remake. Just run the original picture in the cinemas and it'll make money. They need to stop all the re-hashing for the retardarded, it's like beating a cheap hooker because you werent happy with your first stab at the happy flaps...

Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2010, 03:06:47 PM »

Yech... Horrible idea.  What next?  A Police Academy reboot with Ryan Renolds?
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2010, 03:48:36 PM »

Please! Don't give Hollywood any more bad ideas!

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2010, 03:54:31 PM »

There was a Police Academy remake planned, but it has luckily been scrapped.  Thumbup

spongekryst
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2010, 10:43:53 PM »

I hope they put some different historical figures than in the original. And why the hell are you all whining. If you don't like it, then don't watch it.

It is completely unnecessary and unoriginal, as is with 98% of all remakes. Most of us will not watch, because we are the intelligent mass of fans that embraced the original for it's creative splendour and most excellent degree of fun. I will boycott and protest the existence of this, the "Nightmare on Elm Street" remake, and all other poor excuses of so called "homages" or "retellings" of classics. F-you Hollywood and F-you Michael Bay.
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2010, 05:33:21 AM »

There was a Police Academy remake planned, but it has luckily been scrapped.  Thumbup

Well, at least someone in Hollywood had some shred of sense.
Jim H

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2010, 01:26:07 PM »

I will say you can't really blame Hollywood for doing all these remakes.  They've proven time and again to be reliable money makers with a built-in audience, and they started out pretty hesitantly with the remakes/reboots like 10 years ago, testing the waters. 

When everyone went to go see them, they just pulled out all the stops.
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2010, 10:02:47 AM »

I was listening to a pod cast and somebody gave the best way of looking at remakes.
He said (paraphrasing here) Just look at them like a cover song. Just someone ekse's interpretation.  Nobody is comming to your house to take away your old copy and nobody is forcing you to see the remake.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
DarkWolfe
New Visitor

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2010, 09:22:40 PM »

That's a terrible explanation. Want to know how I see (movie) remakes:  "What? You can't think of something original? You don't have an imagination? You have to waste millions of dollars and a whole lot of time to remake something that doesn't need remade? You can't take that money and time and make something unique and special, just like the movie you want to remake? Oh, I get it. You're just greedy and want to make a quick buck from people who really don't know any better. Grrr. Get out of my face!"

Remakes are made by lazy s.o.bs who can't think of anything original if their life depended upon it. Hell, I accept sequels more than a remake. This Bill & Ted remake is just another reason why Hollywood and their ilk are irrelevant and unoriginal. We might as well remake Casablanca, or Gone with the Wind, or E.T., or .... the list can go on. How would you feel if someone wanted to do a remake of the original Star Wars? (Hmm. Then again, Lucas might do that considering his track record. *sigh*)
Jim H

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2010, 02:36:25 AM »

That's a terrible explanation. Want to know how I see (movie) remakes:  "What? You can't think of something original? You don't have an imagination? You have to waste millions of dollars and a whole lot of time to remake something that doesn't need remade? You can't take that money and time and make something unique and special, just like the movie you want to remake? Oh, I get it. You're just greedy and want to make a quick buck from people who really don't know any better. Grrr. Get out of my face!"

Remakes are made by lazy s.o.bs who can't think of anything original if their life depended upon it. Hell, I accept sequels more than a remake. This Bill & Ted remake is just another reason why Hollywood and their ilk are irrelevant and unoriginal. We might as well remake Casablanca, or Gone with the Wind, or E.T., or .... the list can go on. How would you feel if someone wanted to do a remake of the original Star Wars? (Hmm. Then again, Lucas might do that considering his track record. *sigh*)

Barb Wire is a remake of Casablanca.  Only with Pam Anderson in the Bogey part.  Yeah, Hollywood figured Pam Anderson was acceptable for a part Humphrey Bogart played.  And that was 14 years ago.

But yes, Hollywood is a money making machine.  It always has been, really, it's just that creatively minded people once had greater sway in the system than they do right now.
Skull
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2010, 06:40:19 AM »

lol... dont let the remakes depress you. The internet opens the world of movies... right before your eyes. And if your still not liking it there is always the possibilty of you writing a script or making your own movie as well :)
skuts
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2010, 09:00:31 AM »

...The internet opens the world of movies... right before your eyes. And if your still not liking it there is always the possibilty of you writing a script or making your own movie as well :)

With the software and hardware available today, anyone with time and talent can make a full-length, hollywood blockbuster on their desktop pc. (see: Sky Captain)
Perhaps we should run a do-it-yourself movie sequel contest.

Babies taste best.
Skull
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2010, 10:20:05 AM »

If you could master lighting, sound and cinematography you got a block buster...

And thats the major probem with many (to most) "video projects" they are lack lighting, sound and cinematography. A video camera isnt just good enough, so these filmmakers fail. Also if you do your homework (research on the internet) you'll find tricks on lighting, sound and cinematography that shouldnt cost you an arm and a leg.

I do agree with all the technology that we have today there shouldnt be any problem for anybody to dishing out a good low budget film.

:)

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bill & Ted's BOGUS remake « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.