Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:25:16 AM
714307 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  BLOOD CREEK (2009) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BLOOD CREEK (2009)  (Read 2224 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« on: February 11, 2010, 08:51:27 PM »

I watch a LOT of cheap, direct to DVD horror films, many not worth the celluloid they are filmed on.  But every now and then, ever so rarely, I come across one that makes all the Brain Damage Films and Asylum releases worth it.  BLOOD CREEK was one of those.

At the beginning, the narrator explains . . . " In the early '30s, Adolf Hitler and his inner circle became obsessed with the occult, believing that the black arts were key to their plan for world domination. Nazi agents travelled the globe in search of ancient Nordic relics known as rune stones. They believed if they harnessed the power of these stones, nothing could stop the march of the Master Race. The symbols inscribed in these stones were said to describe the path... to immortality."

The scene cuts to a German immigrant family, living in the rural U.S. in 1936, who agree to host a German "scholar" researching the mysterious runestone in their basement.  As he spends more and more time with the stone, his behaviour becomes stranger and stranger.  But then, when the young girl's pet pigeon mysteriously dies, he uses the power of the stone to restore it to life . .  .  but demands she pay a price, and pulls out a sharp knife!

Cut to the present.  Paramedic Evan Marshall is on the job at a crime scene, treating a gunshot victim.  He is traumatized because his brother Victor survived the war in Iraq, coming home as a hero, only to disappear on a fishing trip with Evan two years before.  Their senile father blames Evan and berates him every day for abandoning his brother to die.  Evan still has nightmares about his brother's screams as he disappeared into Town Creek that night, but has no idea what happened to him.  But that evening - Halloween night, with a lunar eclipse on the way - Victor shows up out of nowhere, his back a welter of scars and his hair and beard grown long.  He tells Evan:  "Grab the guns and plenty of ammo and come with me.  And tell NO ONE I am back until we settle this!"

They paddle through the swamp to a remote farm where time has stood still since 1940, where an undying and unaged family of German immigrants are barricaded into a house painted with obscure runes, and where an unspeakable horror lives in the cellar under the barn and feeds on human blood . . .

This is an EXCELLENT little horror film - bloody and cerebral at the same time. The characters are well developed, and the brothers develop a strange sympathy with the family that held Victor hostage for two years and let his blood be drained almost every night.  There is some very good dialogue throughout, and the ending is quite satisfying. I highly recommend it!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
3mnkids
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 11:18:19 PM »

I watched this over the weekend and I agree with everything you said   Thumbup  I really enjoyed it. It had an interesting story and just the right amount of gore. oh, and the brothers were hot! that always helps   TeddyR

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 12:13:06 AM »

I must confess the hotness of the two brothers had no effect on me whatsoever . . .  Lookingup

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  BLOOD CREEK (2009) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.