Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:58:30 PM
713371 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  [b]Intruder - (1989)[/b] « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: [b]Intruder - (1989)[/b]  (Read 6868 times)
voltron
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: February 18, 2010, 12:13:16 AM »

Decent late 80s slasher about a maniac stalking onwers and emloyees of a local supermarket working a late shift. The cashier Jennifer has a crazy boyfriend who just got out of prison who is hanging around the store. Is it the boyfriend doing the killings, or is it somewone else?
Again, ths is a decent late 80s slasher with lots of bad acting, lame direction, some surprisingly effective gore, and some small cameos by Bruce Campbell and Sam Raimi. Overall, I'd give it a 6.5 out of 10.  Thumbup

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
Paquita

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 01:15:58 AM »

I really liked it!  I don't know if the acting was bad.. I certainly didn't notice, but if it was, it wasn't uncomfortably bad.  I liked how all the characters got along.. I didn't want anyone to die.  The ending was good too!  Someone should buy that movie for me.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 11:01:59 AM »

I would give it a significatnly higher grade
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 01:25:56 PM »

That one's been on my wish list forever.  I really should pick it up one of these days.  If anybody orders one for Paquita, don't forget me too  TeddyR

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Skull
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2010, 01:54:24 PM »

I really liked it!  I don't know if the acting was bad.. I certainly didn't notice, but if it was, it wasn't uncomfortably bad.  I liked how all the characters got along.. I didn't want anyone to die.  The ending was good too!  And Skull should buy that movie for me.

Hmmmmm...  Twirling Smile Twirling
voltron

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2010, 10:56:00 PM »

I sincerely apologise for my nitpicking of this flick. Rewatched it several times and I've grown to appreciate it a lot more.  It is a solid, no bulls**t (albeit somewhat late entry) slasher. The acting is decent, the camerawork is creative, and the gore is top notch. I now proudly give it an 8.5 out of 10.  Cheers

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
Monster Jungle X-Ray
Bad Movie Lover

Just Another Pretty Face

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2010, 11:49:38 AM »

I haven't seen this one in a very long time, and it may have been under one of the alternate titles. Scott Spiegel the director goes back a long way with the Raimi's and Bruce. It's a good one from what I remember.

I remember seeing the making of this on the Sam Raimi episode of The Totally Strange Film show that used to come on TLC eons ago. I miss that show, it is how I found out about Tsui Hark's weird and wonderful films. 

" Society doesn't accept us because of what we are, so we're an enemy of society. " - Pa Mooney, THE RATS ARE COMING! THE WEREWOLVES ARE HERE!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2010, 09:29:48 PM »

I remember seeing the making of this on the Sam Raimi episode of The Totally Strange Film show that used to come on TLC eons ago. I miss that show, it is how I found out about Tsui Hark's weird and wonderful films. 

That was a great show, I didn't think anyone but me had seen it.  I think it may have originated on the BBC. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  [b]Intruder - (1989)[/b] « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.