Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:54:34 PM
714247 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Shopping Cart Returning « previous next »
Poll
Question: Do You Return Shopping Carts To Their Respective Places?
Yes, pretty much every time. - 24 (82.8%)
Often, when I have time. - 3 (10.3%)
Hardly, isn't that someone elses job? - 1 (3.4%)
I steal shopping carts - 1 (3.4%)
Total Voters: 27

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Shopping Cart Returning  (Read 4674 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« on: February 20, 2010, 09:59:23 PM »

My father once told me to always return shopping carts to their respective places at stores.  He accompanied that with the statement that stores will more than likely raise their prices if they lose enough carts.  This has always stuck with me and quite frankly I 99% of the time look for a return dock in the parking lot no matter how far away it is.  I personally lose it when I see someone walking up the road with a shopping cart from a store.  I understand not everyone has transportation but stealing a cart...really?  It belongs to the store folks.  I also hate it when someone lazily leaves a cart in a parking space.  Most of the time its in a prime spot too.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
3mnkids
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 11:21:34 PM »

Not only do I return mine but I straighten out the other carts that are there. Its a problem, I know   Lookingup

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 11:29:10 PM »

I always put them back where they belong.  I dunno, just seems like common courtesy, and it's not much trouble at all.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Paquita

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 11:38:15 PM »

I always return them!!  I'll even return other carts on my way sometimes.  There have been times when I was really far from the cart coral in the cold and really thought hard about not taking it back, got into the car, and then got back out and put it away because I just couldn't handle the guilt.

I've even converted my husband into a compulsive cart returner.  The first time we went to the grocery store together and I saw he didn't return the cart, I returned it for him and told him he broke my heart.. he's done it every time since.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2010, 11:56:18 PM »

Me and my mum are always frustrated at people being lazy and not returning them, esp. at Wal-mart, where people don't put the carts back, even when they are parked next to the 'return carts here'

yeah no.
Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 02:02:09 AM »

I also just can't stand not putting the carts back!

Jack-
Even though it might not be "common courtesy" it definitely is the polite thing to do. Good for you! In fact, good for everybody here!

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2010, 10:18:59 AM »

Thumbup What a bunch of good folks we are here!

We always return them; may collect a few strays on the way and often straighten out the others a bit when we get there.  I think it is all part of a 'be responsible/pick up after yourself' mindset.

3mnkids: I don't know that I would call that a 'problem' - unless you are making a career out of it or haranguing other shoppers on the issue?  TeddyR

« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 10:20:53 AM by Newt » Logged

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
SPazzo

My kinda toy...

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2010, 12:19:30 PM »

I always return them...  Here in Canada we have a store called Loblaws.  At that store all the shopping carts are linked together at the cart corral.  To get one un-linked you put a Loonie ($1 coin) into the cart and you get the cart.  You do your shopping and when you're done you return the cart and get your Loonie back.

I'm kinda obligated to return my cart.  I mean, it's a whole dollar! TeddyR
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2010, 02:55:10 PM »

So nobody's going to fess up and admit they just leave them in the next parking spot?

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2010, 03:32:35 PM »

So nobody's going to fess up and admit they just leave them in the next parking spot?
I'm currently waiting for someone to vote for "I steal shopping carts".

DarkSider's Realm

JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2010, 06:37:13 PM »

Yes I return them...I really hate it when they take up a good parking space Hatred...plus with the winds we sometimes get here, leaving them unattended could mean a potential hazard...I've seen them go rolling across a parking lot before because of high winds.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
3mnkids

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2010, 07:43:30 PM »

3mnkids: I don't know that I would call that a 'problem' - unless you are making a career out of it or haranguing other shoppers on the issue?  TeddyR

TeddyR Im not that bad but its a problem because it doesnt matter what else is going on.  kids gotta pee- hold it, car waiting for the spot- tough, sub zero temps- oh well, I must fix them. Drives my family crazy and if we are all together im not allowed to take the cart back anymore.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2010, 09:50:10 PM »

What's a "shopping cart"?   Question

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2010, 09:56:33 PM »

What's a "shopping cart"?   Question
City thing?

DarkSider's Realm

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2010, 11:04:37 PM »

I often don't bother to get a cart, and go strolling up to the checkout with an overflowing basket that weighs about fifty pounds. Funny, I never think the list is that big.

But when I do use a cart, I prefer to put it in a designated area. I do get slightly miffed at the local Foodland, which has a parking lot that's more than ample, yet doesn't bother to provide any place to return carts other than right back inside the store. At that store, I'll meet them halfway and leave it secure and out of the way at the front of the building. That's the minimum. I hate seeing empty carts scattered around the lot, especially the "race car" cart. There's only one, your kids have enjoyed it, now put it back where the next family can find it.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Shopping Cart Returning « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.