Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:23:40 PM
714241 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  GOP's 2012 hopefuls crowd town they love to hate « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GOP's 2012 hopefuls crowd town they love to hate  (Read 2938 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« on: February 20, 2010, 10:36:10 PM »

GOP's 2012 hopefuls crowd town they love to hate 
WASHINGTON – Republicans who may want President Barack Obama's job flocked to the town they love to hate this weekend and repeatedly ripped into the Democrat, an early tryout of sorts for the GOP nomination.

"Barack Obama has created at least three jobs that I know of: Bob McDonnell, Chris Christie and Scott Brown," former House speaker Newt Gingrich told a fawning crowd Saturday, celebrating recent GOP victories in governor's races in Virginia and New Jersey, and the Senate in Massachusetts, respectively.

He predicted Republicans would take back control of Congress this fall and added: "We'll elect a new president in 2012..." 

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_republicans2012 

... Others wouldn't rule out a run.

"If you see me losing 40 pounds that means I'm either running or have cancer," quipped [Mississippi Gov. Haley] Barbour, a former lobbyist and GOP chairman who Republican insiders say would be a formidable candidate. He said he would focus this year on helping fellow Republicans in governor's races. "If after these elections are over there's anything to think about, I'll think about it then," he said.

Still, he added: "I think it is unlikely that I'll run for president but that does not qualify as ruling it out."

He made a brief stop at the conservatives' meeting late Friday...

Can't resist a comment: "If you see me losing 40 pounds that means I'm either running or have cancer..."  That's a "quip"?   Lookingup  Hatred  What a disgusting state our nation's in if that comment is not only acceptable but considered a "quip". 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 10:54:56 PM »

He predicted Republicans would take back control of Congress this fall...

Great... there's a thought.  Now nothing will never EVER be passed considering these politicians.

Not that I'm against Republicans or anything, it is if we have a Republican Congress and a Democrat president, I got a feeling that laws and legislation is going to be moving even slower than before.

What really gets me about the article was that some people were actually chanting, "Run, Dick, Run!", saying Dick Cheney should run for president.  My brain hurts just reading and knowing that.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
3mnkids

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 11:17:26 PM »

Well all I gotta say is this.. If, and that is a big if, they get control- payback is a b***h. If they dont think for a second that the democrats will remember all of this obstruction they are crazy. Not that im advocating that. Its petty, selfish, and hurts this country. However, they will do it. It will be the democrats using the filibuster.  Im hoping that Obama and the democrats grow a pair and start playing the game instead of trying to play nice.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 11:56:44 PM »

I'm always happier when Congress does nothing but argue.  Every new law passed is one more freedom lost forever, and too many are already gone!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
akiratubo

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 01:21:10 AM »

I got a feeling that laws and legislation is going to be moving even slower than before.

Good.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 08:54:00 PM »

Not that I'm against Republicans or anything, it is if we have a Republican Congress and a Democrat president, I got a feeling that laws and legislation is going to be moving even slower than before.

That's the way our system of government was designed.  When one party controls both the executive and legislative branch, checks and balances are frustrated.  I for one would hate to see either the Republicans or the Democrats be able to enact their whole agendas.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  GOP's 2012 hopefuls crowd town they love to hate « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.