Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:51:44 PM
714383 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  DRUGS « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
Author Topic: DRUGS  (Read 35148 times)
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2010, 10:00:53 PM »

Drugs and myself have a steady relationship.  I can say, I've never done heroin or crack or LSD or mushrooms.

Me personally, used to be very much anti-drug.  But recently, I've delved further and further into the scene.  For me, it's mostly pot, ecstacy, coke, and xanax, but I've tried other things. 

Always said I was never gonna get into it.  Someone asked me once why I tried to begin with.  Two reasons: Curiosity, and to kill the loneliness.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2010, 10:02:37 PM »

not me, but one of my friends did LSD. He is still doing it, even when the 9 of us try to convince him to stop  Bluesad

Is your friend a bird by any chance?  Wink

The good news with LSD is that it's effects begin to lose their power/novelty, and most people gradually lose interest in it after taking several trips.  There are very few lifelong LSD abusers.         

Good News, he quitted today and will not do it again!

Glad I could help!

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2010, 08:50:54 PM »

Have you ever done them? I don't care for drugs,myself. I'm an alchi. Not proud of it. Just a fact.BUT back in the 80's-(started in the 70's) I did drugs. LOTS. I did LSD(blotter mostly;some microdot) coke( didnt like it-I like to sleep!)side effects. Ok.

Never tried LSD.  Coke is what got me.  Tried it once at a party a year ago.  Since then, it's one of the few I'll buy, if I get any illegal things at all.  Best bet though, if you're planning on sleeping, either don't do it or smoke some pot when you're doing it, or maybe just drink too.  The weed and/or alcohol help calm me down if I have some. TeddyR

For a long time I was what was considered 'straight edge.'  Never drank, took drugs, etc.  For various reasons, I've abandoned that ship entirely.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2010, 08:55:27 PM »

No I never ever did any of them. No cigarettes, booze or recreational drugs. Even before I started calling myself straight edge, I was already largely living that lifestyle. My girlfriend though smokes...sure as hell wish she didn't. But I don't control her...just wish she wouldn't for her health's sake and it's the only thing about her I really dislike.
I was straight edge for a little bit.  Not necessarily hardcore about it, but never indulged in cigarettes, booze or other drugs. 

That's changed completely, especially over the past few months/year or so.  Perhaps after my birthday this weekend, I shall change, but who knows.  I'm gonna attempt it without any help from others.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2010, 10:04:59 PM »

No I never ever did any of them. No cigarettes, booze or recreational drugs. Even before I started calling myself straight edge, I was already largely living that lifestyle. My girlfriend though smokes...sure as hell wish she didn't. But I don't control her...just wish she wouldn't for her health's sake and it's the only thing about her I really dislike.
I was straight edge for a little bit.  Not necessarily hardcore about it, but never indulged in cigarettes, booze or other drugs. 

That's changed completely, especially over the past few months/year or so.  Perhaps after my birthday this weekend, I shall change, but who knows.  I'm gonna attempt it without any help from others.

Good luck.  You sound like you may be starting to head down a slope you don't really want to go down.  When you say you're using drugs "to kill loneliness..." well, that just sounds like a recipe for disaster.  Drugs wont solve your underlying problems, they'll just mask them temporarily, while leaving you with new problems.  But people do cut back or quit using them all the time.  Just don't let it get too late in the process to pull back.     

JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2010, 10:51:16 PM »

HappyGilmore,

The best advice on this would likely come from those who've been down the path of drug abuse and addiction and recovered.

I don't think making a commitment to Straight Edge is an absolute necessity for you to put yourself on the road to recovery. I'm not hardcore Straight Edge myself. I don't tell anyone else what to do or how to live their lives but I will say I've seen drug abuse negatively affect a lot of lives close to me, and it's not just the person abusing the drug but all those loved ones around that seem to be affected by it. I don't think there's anything shameful at all in getting help and trying to get yourself back on track. In fact, doing so is to be applauded. It may even take more than one try but if it gets you leading a better healthier life, well there you have it.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2010, 12:12:57 AM »

Good luck.  You sound like you may be starting to head down a slope you don't really want to go down.  When you say you're using drugs "to kill loneliness..." well, that just sounds like a recipe for disaster.  Drugs wont solve your underlying problems, they'll just mask them temporarily, while leaving you with new problems.  But people do cut back or quit using them all the time.  Just don't let it get too late in the process to pull back.     
It wasn't a slope I initially wanted to head down.  That's the main reason, but there's other varying factors as to why I went down it.  Hopefully I can get a handle on it before it gets much, much worse.  I think I can, but I won't know til I cross that bridge.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2010, 11:15:08 AM »

It wasn't a slope I initially wanted to head down.  That's the main reason, but there's other varying factors as to why I went down it.  Hopefully I can get a handle on it before it gets much, much worse.  I think I can, but I won't know til I cross that bridge.

You can do it, people do it all the time.  In fact it's almost a rite of passage: you don't know how much is too much until you go over the line.  Then, you pull back.  If you're physically addicted to something you need medical help; otherwise, it's just a question of deciding to make a lifestyle change.  Again, good luck.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2010, 10:01:53 PM »

I heeded some advice, and for the time being, am only limiting myself to alcohol for the weekend. 

For me, it's quite a big step, as most weekends over the past couple months, every weekend was spent on way more than just alcohol alone.  I figure if I can just have a couple of beers, it's a good step.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2011, 08:30:55 PM »

I am at a complete loss.  I did something I never thought I'd do.  The big 'H'.  I don't know where my head is anymore.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2011, 09:40:43 PM »

I never thought I'd do that.  Should've seen it coming.  Worst part is not knowing if I'm gonna stop myself next time.

Olivia Bauer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2011, 09:48:20 PM »

I can't smoke anything; not even tobacco. Any kind of smoke triggers an asthmatic reaction and I have a coughing fit. I'd never inject myself with anything either, I hate needles. I wouldn't try snorting cocaine, I think I'd be overwhelmed. From beer to wine all liquor tastes like laundry detergent to me, so I don't think I'd ever get drunk.

The only thing I'm addicted to is white chocolate mocha's from Starbucks.

I'm destined to be a boring adult, aren't I?

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2011, 09:48:54 PM »

I am at a complete loss.  I did something I never thought I'd do.  The big 'H'.  I don't know where my head is anymore.

Don't panic, man.  You tried it once.  You're not automatically an addict.  You fell down, so just get up and go on with your life.  Don't do it again.  Don't hang out with people who will offer it to you.  Best way to stop it is not to be around it.  Tell your old friends so long.

Sure you know all this, just trying to reinforce you with some positive talk to counteract that defeatist bulls**t you're giving yourself.

Nightowl
Bad Movie Lover

Local TV-Movie Nerd!

« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2011, 10:09:03 PM »

I've never done drugs and never will. I cant stand needles and I absolutely hate to take pills. If I want a thrill, I'll smoke cigarettes or watch a movie, dont need anything more.

There is two kinds of people I cant stand to be near: Drug addicts and people with mental disorders. Cause you never know what they are capable of. I knew this girl once that use to move her legs constantly because of the drugs she has done over the years, she died last year.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2011, 10:49:03 PM »

Don't panic, man.  You tried it once.  You're not automatically an addict.  You fell down, so just get up and go on with your life.  Don't do it again.  Don't hang out with people who will offer it to you.  Best way to stop it is not to be around it.  Tell your old friends so long.

Sure you know all this, just trying to reinforce you with some positive talk to counteract that defeatist bulls**t you're giving yourself.
My problem though? I know where to get it, cheap, and liked it.  Which scares the HELL out of me.  I am an addict.  To heroin? Maybe not yet.  It started with beer, moved on to pills, pot, cocaine, and all others.  I NEVER thought I'd attempt this.  And yet, here I am 24 hours later... Buggedout

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  DRUGS « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.