Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:34:26 AM
713392 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  DRUGS « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
Author Topic: DRUGS  (Read 34502 times)
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2011, 10:55:11 PM »

I can't smoke anything; not even tobacco. Any kind of smoke triggers an asthmatic reaction and I have a coughing fit. I'd never inject myself with anything either, I hate needles. I wouldn't try snorting cocaine, I think I'd be overwhelmed. From beer to wine all liquor tastes like laundry detergent to me, so I don't think I'd ever get drunk.

The only thing I'm addicted to is white chocolate mocha's from Starbucks.

I'm destined to be a boring adult, aren't I?
Dunno if you've ever tried Red Bull or Monster Energy...but cocaine's essentially that times about 5.  I've never 'injected' any drug but tried a plenty.  I'm working on help.

I've never done drugs and never will. I cant stand needles and I absolutely hate to take pills. If I want a thrill, I'll smoke cigarettes or watch a movie, dont need anything more.

There is two kinds of people I cant stand to be near: Drug addicts and people with mental disorders. Cause you never know what they are capable of. I knew this girl once that use to move her legs constantly because of the drugs she has done over the years, she died last year.
Yeah? Shame she passed.   Bluesad

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2011, 11:26:09 PM »

Rev's advice is good. Stay away from it if you don't want to become addicted. You know that stuff'll kill you before your time.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2011, 11:36:41 PM »

Rev's advice is good. Stay away from it if you don't want to become addicted. You know that stuff'll kill you before your time.
I'm gonna attempt staying away.  I don't "want" to be addicted.  I think I have an addictive personality.  Knew that from the get-go.  Now I'm dabbling in stuff I shouldn't.

JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2011, 12:23:40 AM »

Too bad you don't live handy. Would be cool if we could hang out and watch some movies and wrestling and we seem to have pretty similar tastes in those areas and obviously there wouldn't be any temptation for you.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2011, 03:19:24 AM »

My personal philosophy is that you should never do a drug that is stronger than you are. That personal line is different for everybody, but there are some drugs that are just no good whatsoever. Heroin is stronger than almost everybody. It isn't an accident that so many people find themselves on the path of heroin addiction.

Doing heroin will put you on one of the most depressing life paths in the world. Imagine taking everything important in your life and replacing it with absolutely nothing. An absolute nothing that you would throw away everything to pursue. It WILL destroy your life and health because, well, heroin is stronger than almost everybody. Of course you would like it, anybody would. It's too strong a high for anybody to handle.

If you're really worried about it, there is one practical bit of advice you should pursue. Avoid the people and situations where you would do it. In almost all cases, this will involve distancing yourself from the friends and social support structures you have now. Cutting off contact from those friends is probably the most difficult part of avoiding falling into the trap of heroin addiction.

But know right now that those are friends you can't afford to have. If you know you have an addictive personality, and you are worried about getting caught up in heroin, avoid those people right now. Stop taking their calls, don't go to those parties. Those friends aren't friends.

Hell, if gets too tough, PM me and I'll send you my number so I can talk you out of it. I'm boringness personified, but almost anything is better than getting involved in heroin. It's one of the worst things you can ever get involved in.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2011, 05:10:26 AM »

I've never understood the appeal of illegal drugs.  I've always thought it was a stupid way to make yourself feel good.  My motto is: drugs are for people who don't know how to have fun TeddyR

In my younger days my vices were alcohol and sex.  Now alcohol just gives me a stomach ache and a hangover for 3 days.  Seriously, how ridiculously expensive is it?  Just a waste of cash for no lasting benefit.  As for sex, it's still a wonderful pastime in which to engage but only with someone I love and I actually prefer a sound sleep most times Thumbup

Okay, now I'm worried I just sound old BounceGiggle

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
What once was mine.......
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2011, 05:41:45 AM »

I'm gonna attempt staying away.  I don't "want" to be addicted.  I think I have an addictive personality.  Knew that from the get-go.  Now I'm dabbling in stuff I shouldn't.

It's good though that you can come on here and openly admit that you took "the big H" and not be judged. You are shocked at yourself and you realise that it's something you want to steer clear of. Make sure you keep that little ounce of shock/guilt and this current perspective. I have a bit of an addictive personality too and I also tend to say "f**k it" and will end up doing something reckless. But I know that continuing down certain paths will lead you to nowhere of any particular benefit. Nothing good comes out of taking really hard drugs, only illness, further alienation and bankruptcy.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2011, 11:09:10 AM »

My personal philosophy is that you should never do a drug that is stronger than you are. That personal line is different for everybody, but there are some drugs that are just no good whatsoever. Heroin is stronger than almost everybody. It isn't an accident that so many people find themselves on the path of heroin addiction.

Doing heroin will put you on one of the most depressing life paths in the world. Imagine taking everything important in your life and replacing it with absolutely nothing. An absolute nothing that you would throw away everything to pursue. It WILL destroy your life and health because, well, heroin is stronger than almost everybody. Of course you would like it, anybody would. It's too strong a high for anybody to handle.

So, I listened to this today:
Small | Large

And....I broke down and cried.  Closest thing to the experience I've heard anyone relate.

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2011, 11:25:12 AM »

I've never had an inclination to use after seeing how many friends of mine in high school threw their lives away from it --- literally being moved across states to go to rehab only to return some time later and repeat the cycle

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2011, 03:03:26 PM »

Never had an inclination myself. Think I avoided it for years cause many people in my family are addicted to alcohol and drugs. It slowly started with boozing and pot, then pills, cocaine, and now this stuff. If I could go back, indeed I would.

Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2011, 05:59:04 AM »

Never had an inclination myself. Think I avoided it for years cause many people in my family are addicted to alcohol and drugs. It slowly started with boozing and pot, then pills, cocaine, and now this stuff. If I could go back, indeed I would.

Happy, the best thing to do is move forward, don't think about going back.  Don't beat yourself up about stuff you've already done either, it doesn't do any good.  You have friends here who are more than happy to help you keep focussed on doing what's good for you.

Remember, no matter what's happened in your life, it's never a reason to destroy yourself.  Don't let the b.astards get you down.  Fighting back and being healthy and happy is the best revenge against those who would see you suffer and and wither away.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
What once was mine.......
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2011, 09:01:33 AM »

I was given GHB, the date rape drug, one time. It was the night Ohio State beat Miami for the national championship in January 2003. My best friend's younger brother, I've known him since I was ten and he was seven, got some at his fraternity and secretly gave it to me over at their parents house after the game, and the thing is, he wasn't doing it for evil intent, exactly, just as some sort of bizarre kidding around sort of prank (he was really drunk and was also under the impression GHB just made you woozy and silly) and then he freaked out about what he'd done and spent the rest of that night walking me up and down the sidewalk, holding me up, always on the verge of calling an ambulance, telling me how sorry he was. It was one of the worst experiences of my entire life. I was sick most of the next day too. I didn't talk to him for a year after that and his sister was even madder at him than I was. I've found out since I was actually lucky to have lived through that and if I'd had any alcohol in my system, I may not have. And he's lucky I talked his sister out of calling the police on him and talked half the guys I knew from stomping him flatter than tin foil.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2011, 10:37:16 AM »

Lucky that worked out in the end, I suppose. GHB has serious effects.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2011, 09:14:43 PM »

Happy, the best thing to do is move forward, don't think about going back.  Don't beat yourself up about stuff you've already done either, it doesn't do any good.  You have friends here who are more than happy to help you keep focussed on doing what's good for you.

Remember, no matter what's happened in your life, it's never a reason to destroy yourself.  Don't let the b.astards get you down.  Fighting back and being healthy and happy is the best revenge against those who would see you suffer and and wither away.
I don't ever wanna go back.  Ever.  I've sadly seen people I went to school with OD and/or lose their homes, jobs, etc.  Not a place I wanna be.  I hate my job but not enough to end up there.

It's good though that you can come on here and openly admit that you took "the big H" and not be judged. You are shocked at yourself and you realise that it's something you want to steer clear of. Make sure you keep that little ounce of shock/guilt and this current perspective. I have a bit of an addictive personality too and I also tend to say "f**k it" and will end up doing something reckless. But I know that continuing down certain paths will lead you to nowhere of any particular benefit. Nothing good comes out of taking really hard drugs, only illness, further alienation and bankruptcy.
Bankruptcy is no joke.  I had a good good stretch where I was working and literally had NO money. Buggedout

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2011, 03:05:35 PM »

So, I've pretty much been up all weekend. Felt like Tony Montana.

I need to find some local clinics, see if I can get some help at a cheaper price. Can't do a full rehab.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  DRUGS « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.