Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:59:58 AM
714234 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  DRUGS « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
Author Topic: DRUGS  (Read 34932 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: February 21, 2010, 10:05:42 AM »

Have you ever done them? I don't care for drugs,myself. I'm an alchi. Not proud of it. Just a fact.BUT back in the 80's-(started in the 70's) I did drugs. LOTS. I did LSD(blotter mostly;some microdot) coke( didnt like it-I like to sleep!) Pot-everyone did it. Ever seen that 70S SHOW? They glorify this sh1t! I smoked a lot in the seventies too. I dont know-makes me weird and paranoid.

So....I'm sure this is a touchy subject-yer experiance or opinion on drugs? Personally-I think perscription mood changing drugs are no better than pot. In fact-they have dangerous side effects. Ok.

And no-Im not high. Just curious of yer opinion. They just legalized pot for sick folks in Michigan (where I live) so it's topical here in Bumf@k Egypt.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 10:13:21 AM »

Nada besides alcohol and that only to a point. My father had a serious alcohol problem; that and smoking definitely contributed to his death in his early 60s.  For me, I like alcohol that has taste to it - something I can enjoy.  Good whisky, cognac, and certain beers that I like are what I drink. 

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 10:30:03 AM »

Please dont get me wrong-I am in NO way trying to advocate the use of drugs. And booze-I guess-is ok for them who dont over use it. I overuse it. Pot-_geez-I think booze is worse than pot. Alchohol has done more damage to my life than anything. Incerdibly-my health is excelent. My spelling-not so much. I been going to AA.I dont like AA. Nice people. But -now heres the weird part-I can say this to you guys-but not to AA-Buncha touchy feely people.I cant do the touchy fely thing. Too hippy dippy. I clam up.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Paquita

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 11:02:26 AM »

-Buncha touchy feely people.I cant do the touchy fely thing. Too hippy dippy. I clam up.

Ew! You have to touch in AA?  I'm not going!
Javakoala
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 01:32:39 PM »

-Buncha touchy feely people.I cant do the touchy fely thing. Too hippy dippy. I clam up.

Ew! You have to touch in AA?  I'm not going!

Oh yeah!  They have big Hug-ins and everything.  Not really.

I've done booze (and still do until I can see a counselor and get some honest stuff for my anxiety issues). I love pot but it IS illegal. The day they legalize that stuff, I'm taking four days off and buying every Dorito, Mountain Dew and Oreo I can find.

I've tried acid, but all it did was make me grind my teeth and not be able to sleep. Hated it.

Have no interest in anything harder. I may be crazy but I ain't stupid.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 03:18:11 PM »

Never tried them and have no interest in doing so.  Not trying to be self righteous, it's just never had any appeal for me. 

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2010, 03:31:48 PM »

I haven't dipped into drugs aside random drinking.  I probably would smoke pot on a regular basis if it weren't illegal.   People tell me now I should do it to "chill out". 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2010, 05:44:57 PM »

I've never tried drugs, alcohol, or tobacco products. I'm going to try to keep it that way.

I don't have a problem with people around me drinking (if it's legal), but only if they're not acting obnoxious and/or unsafe.

Something I don't understand is when people act and think as though: drunk = fun.  Question

It's not that you can't have a good time while drinking, but I hate it when people say that you have to be drunk to have a really good time.  Hatred

One final thought: People always say that kids do drugs/alcohol due to peer pressure.
Now that is probably true, but, it seems like lots of kids would do it just out of plain curiosity. They hear so much about them.  Any thoughts?   

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2010, 06:32:45 PM »

No I never ever did any of them. No cigarettes, booze or recreational drugs. Even before I started calling myself straight edge, I was already largely living that lifestyle. My girlfriend though smokes...sure as hell wish she didn't. But I don't control her...just wish she wouldn't for her health's sake and it's the only thing about her I really dislike.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2010, 07:53:10 PM »

Alcohol, though legal, is a powerful psychoactive drug, as any doctor or pharmacologist will tell you.  If a drug with alcohol's exact effects were synthesized today, it would immediately be made illegal and we would see a media blitz demonizing the substance.

That said, I love to have a beer or glass of bourbon at the end of the day, or at a party.

Most illegal drugs are just like alcohol: many people can use them responsibly for pleasure and recreation, many others cannot.  Morally, drugs themselves are neutral: it's the way the individual uses the drug that makes it wrong or... I hesitate to say right, but at least not harmful.         

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2010, 08:27:04 PM »

not me, but one of my friends did LSD. He is still doing it, even when the 9 of us try to convince him to stop  Bluesad

yeah no.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2010, 08:39:42 PM »

not me, but one of my friends did LSD. He is still doing it, even when the 9 of us try to convince him to stop  Bluesad

Is your friend a bird by any chance?  Wink

The good news with LSD is that it's effects begin to lose their power/novelty, and most people gradually lose interest in it after taking several trips.  There are very few lifelong LSD abusers.         

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2010, 01:16:23 AM »

Would only differ with your post, Rev, in this:  some drugs simply cannot be used responsibly -- the most highly addictive stimulants, for example, have very few users who could qualify as "responsible."  (Met any meth users who held down a job and a life for years?)  In that sense, I disagree -- some substances are simply harmful and without ANY redeeming qualities except when used in carefully prescriptive ways.   Some drugs, though, have for most practical purposes no redeeming value.    That's true of some prescription drugs by the way, too.
SPazzo

My kinda toy...

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2010, 02:07:19 AM »

Well, because it is illegal I'm not saying what, but, yes, I have experimented a bit....
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2010, 02:32:29 AM »

I'll just say I never did anything hardcore.  The one that I did do was a few times in high school, and I wasn't that into it.  Still drink on occasion.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  DRUGS « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.