Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:04:13 AM
713335 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Ator « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Ator  (Read 30907 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: February 21, 2010, 08:18:12 PM »

What would "Conan the Barbarian" have been like if it was made in Italy and rated PG?  Well, the scene with the crazy witch woman seducing the barbarian is a lot less interesting. 

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 10:20:17 PM »

That was a fun little review.  My friend and I were talking a while back about Conan and stuff.  We researched the film and actually ended up finding this movie at some point.  My friend said it seems interesting and that he would watch it.  He hasn't reported back about that yet.

Also, during the review, you mention owlbear.  Is this by chance a reference to an enemy from Dragon Quest?

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
gloomhound
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 02:16:14 AM »

Sad to say I saw it in the theater....It was not any better on the big screen.
Scott M.
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 02:18:04 AM »

*Shows off his nerdiness*

From memory:  B2 = The Keep On The Borderlands.  The caves in question were "The Caves of Chaos"

Hehe.  So many D&D'ers cut their teeth in those caves.   TeddyR
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 08:28:38 AM »

A Spider Cult? AWESOME!

yeah no.
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2010, 12:55:44 PM »

Hahahaha. Great review Andrew! I enjoyed your reasoning for the existence of your third child, but I think this line from your review was ultimately my favorite: "Why waste energy hacking through henchmen when the real war is being fought on the battlefield of love?" Genius!  TeddyR

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
Chandler C. Boykin
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2010, 03:50:23 PM »

Ha, think I saw the sequel to this movie on Mystery Science Theater 3000; it's weird though, it was called Cave Dwellers.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2010, 04:37:50 PM »

Sad to say I saw it in the theater....It was not any better on the big screen.

I, too, saw it when it was first released to theaters. I don't remember it being a sad experience though. Maybe because I blocked every memory of it from my mind, except that I saw it.
Silverlady
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2010, 05:40:01 PM »

I remember seeing this movie a long time ago ...  on a vhs tape, not a dvd.  I also remember it being pretty forgettable.  But I also remember that the lead actor, Miles OKeefe AKA Ator -- played another heroic figure --  TARZAN   Buggedout opposite BO DEREK!  The statuesque amazon of "10". She of the slow-motion run across the sand with cornrowed hair and juggling jugs.   Like I said ... it was a long time ago.

Hold onto your dreams ....
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2010, 06:58:43 PM »

I remember seeing this movie a long time ago ...  on a vhs tape, not a dvd.  I also remember it being pretty forgettable.  But I also remember that the lead actor, Miles OKeefe AKA Ator -- played another heroic figure --  TARZAN   Buggedout opposite BO DEREK!  The statuesque amazon of "10". She of the slow-motion run across the sand with cornrowed hair and juggling jugs.   Like I said ... it was a long time ago.

Miles O'Keeffe makes for a good barbarian or Tarzan just based on his physique.  As for his acting, maybe not so much. 

Ha, think I saw the sequel to this movie on Mystery Science Theater 3000; it's weird though, it was called Cave Dwellers.

MST3K did do the sequel as you remember.  The "Ator" films tend to have a few different names.  "Ator 3" is also called "Iron Warrior."

That was a fun little review.  My friend and I were talking a while back about Conan and stuff.  We researched the film and actually ended up finding this movie at some point.  My friend said it seems interesting and that he would watch it.  He hasn't reported back about that yet.

Also, during the review, you mention owlbear.  Is this by chance a reference to an enemy from Dragon Quest?

I was referring to the D&D monster.  As Scott M. remembers, it's one of the meaner single monsters in an old D&D module that many remember because it was for levels 1-3.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Steve76
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2010, 04:50:57 AM »

Loved this movie! Miles O'Keefe rules the mediocre cinema of the 80's. He's my favourite 'he ain't Arnold, but he'll do'-actor ever. If you ever desire to see O'Keefe at the apex of his career, watch 'Phantom Raiders' (1988). It's got a lot of Keefe, Guns, Ninja's and almost no dialogue at all. Truly the worst at its best!

btw; Andrew, are you aware of the fact that the movie O'Keefe made before Ator, was named: "Garrett, the Lone Runner"? And that O'Keefe played Garrett in that movie? It may be wise NOT to tell this to your son though...because that movie is as bad is they get.  BounceGiggle
annoynmous
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2010, 02:12:47 PM »

Did you know that the guy who played Griba, Edmund Purdom played the President of the confederacy in 2019: After the fall of New York.
Alex
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2010, 11:19:09 PM »

Yeah, the MST3K sequel version was distributed by some company that bought up rights to these cheap movies and changed their names and added those weird blurry credit sequences. THey also did Pod People and Space Travelers which was marrooned but somehowe they got the rights to it and re-edited.

BTW, Cave Dwellers just may be MST3K's best episode ever. I found a VHS rental of it a few years agoa and it was still hilarious.
Nukie 2

I did it all for the...

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2010, 11:05:36 AM »

I love this movie!

I swear all the cave sets looked the same, except for some simple rearrangements.
I was just watching this a few nights ago with  my friend, and as this is obviously filmed in a public park somewhere in Italy, we couldn't help but wonder what people did while walking their dogs past the filming!

When Ator and Roon were in that bar, we're they eating mac and cheese? It looked suspiciously like it.

Watch Nukie on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wab1Y713tN0
"Like" International Fans of the Movie Nukie and Sias Odendaal on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Fans-of-the-Movie-Nukie-and-Sias-Odendaal/135820159771783
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2010, 04:09:33 PM »

"Iron Warrior" was a sequel to "Ator?!" No wonder they changed the name. But, "Iron Warrior" was another film I saw in the theater, not knowing what I was seeing. After watching all those bad movies: "Ator," "Iron Warrior," "Star Odyssey," etc., what surprises me is that I still have a brain that still functions.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Ator « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.