Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:07:42 AM
713382 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The Little Girl Who Lives Down The Lane (1976) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Little Girl Who Lives Down The Lane (1976)  (Read 3117 times)
voltron
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: February 21, 2010, 11:03:07 PM »

Excellent little suspense movie about a gifted young girl Rynn (played by a 13 year old Jodie Foster) who lives all alone in a big old house with her father (well, supposedly - we never actually see him). When the landlady shows up, Rynn gets very protective of her house and it seems she has a secret to hide. The landlady's son (played by Martin Sheen) is known as the town pervert and continually tries to make advances on the young girl. Why is Rynn so guarded about her house and what secret is she trying to hide? Watch it and find out. I saw this movie years sgo on tv and it blew me away and I recently got it on DVD. I highly reccomend this great little movie to anyone with an interest in the genre.  Thumbup

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
mahoney
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 05:49:46 PM »

Yeah is a very good film this, I'd also highly recommend it.

Apparently they used her older sister for the nude scene but Jodie was furious as people would actually think it was her.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 07:58:19 PM »

Excellent little suspense movie about a gifted young girl Rynn (played by a 13 year old Jodie Foster) who lives all alone in a big old house with her father (well, supposedly - we never actually see him).
Uhm... perhaps you're afraid of spoilers?   And don't forget... we kind of do see "him..."

I'm fond of this film, too.

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 12:09:07 PM »

I also like this movie.  Bought the DVD when it was released after not having seen it for at least 20 years.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
3mnkids

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 01:36:57 PM »

I havent thought about this movie in ages.  Now I will have to buy it   Smile

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 02:57:06 PM »

now that I know the twist I don't need to  Lookingup
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2010, 03:34:07 PM »

I kind of remember this one from years ago, although I don't know if I saw the whole thing. What an interesting film. I looked it up and realized Scott Jacoby was in it, from that creepy made-for-tv film from around the same time, Bad Ronald. What a period of time in filmmaking. Martin Sheen did alot of creepy and edgy roles in the late 60's/early 70's, including a great little gem from 1967 called "The Incident." Highly recommended.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2010, 06:30:22 PM »

now that I know the twist I don't need to  Lookingup
What's the "twist" that you think you know? 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2010, 07:09:13 PM »

I never saw this, when it was first released to theaters, but I did see it on TV. Watch it for Jodie Foster's performance. Behind "Taxi Driver," "Candleshoe," and "Bugsy Malone," this if my favorite of her perfomances she did while she was still a child.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2010, 12:37:01 AM »

Yes!  I was thinking about this movie recently and fondly reminisced on how good a flick it was.  Martin Sheen was basically born for this kind of role as a sleazy guy trying to hit on Jodie, and figure out the secrets she's hiding.  Jodie is excellent, as is Scott Jacoby, her boyfriend Mario.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The Little Girl Who Lives Down The Lane (1976) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.