Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 06:43:08 PM
714162 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Zombie Films Without Lots of Gore « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Zombie Films Without Lots of Gore  (Read 7391 times)
spongekryst
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2010, 04:28:14 AM »

REVOLT OF THE ZOMBIES

No!!!  Don't watch it, InfoGeek.  There's no gore, but there's not much of anything else either.  You've been warned...

Seriously, even songs that bands sing about the movie suck.
Cthulhu
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2010, 03:54:57 PM »

I looking for a good zombie film, but I am sort of a wimp when it comes to gore and violence.  I can't stand to watch zombies ripping open people pulling out their guts and organs, seeing them rip off arms and legs, tearing pieces of skin off, or the camera focusing in on the killing for very long times.  I'm not a complete putz or anything, I can handle some blood and guts, but not the over the top nature like in Dead Alive or the original Day of the Dead.  Something along the lines of Zombieland violence.

Any recommendations or films that fit that bill? 
But the gore is the best part about zombie movies...
voltron
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2010, 09:41:25 AM »

Shock Waves is a great Nazi zombie (!) film that's light on the gore.

Small | Large

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2010, 10:34:39 AM »

I didn't think the original Dawn of the Dead was particularly gory. It's mostly a character-driven movie about the people hiding in the mall, while the zombies shamble about in a mindless imitation of everyday life. Parts of it are bloody, but overall, it's much tamer than other zombie flicks. Makes up for it with a good story though.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Skull
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2010, 10:52:16 AM »

I didn't think the original Dawn of the Dead was particularly gory. It's mostly a character-driven movie about the people hiding in the mall, while the zombies shamble about in a mindless imitation of everyday life. Parts of it are bloody, but overall, it's much tamer than other zombie flicks. Makes up for it with a good story though.

Dawn of the Dead 1978 is quite gory... You got zombies eating people in the basement, a guy gets his head blown away with a shotgun, a zombie woman that bites a chunck of flesh off a guys shoulder, a zombie gets the top of his head lop with a chopper blade, countless of headshots, a few bikers getting their guts ripped out, the Machete into the zombie's head, a biker gets his arm ripped off from those Blood Pressure Monitors, a few zombies used as target practice... This is from the top of my head.

The story is very gory... It just doesnt seem so bad because the story is very good... :)
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2010, 12:35:49 PM »

The story is very gory... It just doesnt seem so bad because the story is very good... :)

That must be it, because I came away from that movie remembering the story rather than the gore.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Skull
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2010, 01:01:13 PM »

That must be it, because I came away from that movie remembering the story rather than the gore.

And thats the secret of the movie success and the reason why the remake version is so inferior... Also, Dawn of the Dead (1978) is an epic horror fantasy... I only wish that George A. Romero would have reconsider and remake Day of the Dead using the original "epic" script then the crybaby soldier movie.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Zombie Films Without Lots of Gore « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.