Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:03:47 AM
713404 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Zombie Films Without Lots of Gore « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Zombie Films Without Lots of Gore  (Read 7360 times)
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« on: February 22, 2010, 06:52:33 PM »

I looking for a good zombie film, but I am sort of a wimp when it comes to gore and violence.  I can't stand to watch zombies ripping open people pulling out their guts and organs, seeing them rip off arms and legs, tearing pieces of skin off, or the camera focusing in on the killing for very long times.  I'm not a complete putz or anything, I can handle some blood and guts, but not the over the top nature like in Dead Alive or the original Day of the Dead.  Something along the lines of Zombieland violence.

Any recommendations or films that fit that bill? 

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 06:56:38 PM »

Hide and Creep is a little light on gore (there's still a bit of gore, just not every red second)... if you don't mind it being a comedy or having a good bit of nudity on both sides

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
Skull
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 10:15:26 PM »

Let Sleeping Corpse Lie (1974) has one really gory scene although its not "over the top" compaired to Dawn of the Dead and the typicals, the rest of the movie is good on the scary level. If you have not seen it, you must!!!

Small | Large

I'm not sure about Shock Waves (1977) (I usually fall asleep while watching the movie) its so boring and I like the story idea but its so boring (yep im repeating myself here)

Although not not often seen as a zombie film... Horror Express (1972) (yep this movie has everything including zombies in the ending... ) the story itself isnt "gory" unless your freaked out of a doctor opening a skull to see the brain.

One Dark Night (1983)... although not actually a zombie film (but the corpse are animated if that counts) it isnt gory but its quite spooky

Small | Large

Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 11:14:45 PM »

Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things- Fairly light on the gore, although you do see a side shot of a zombie eating a guy.  I don't think you see any gore at that point.  It is rated PG.

Dead Pit- Not much in the way of gore.  You really just see the zombies crowd someone, you hear some ripping sounds, and then they run away leaving a somewhat bloody person behind.  No limb removal, IIRC. 

Children of the Living Dead- Light on gore, but I do not whatsoever recommend this movie.

White Zombie- Effing classic.  No gore at all.
Jim H

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 11:52:25 PM »

Night of the Living Dead.  There is gore, but it is quite minor compared to the sequels.
Monster Jungle X-Ray
Bad Movie Lover

Just Another Pretty Face

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2010, 11:59:49 PM »

Pontypool is pretty light on the gore from what I remember, and an interesting take on the whole zombie/outbreak genre.

" Society doesn't accept us because of what we are, so we're an enemy of society. " - Pa Mooney, THE RATS ARE COMING! THE WEREWOLVES ARE HERE!
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2010, 12:48:57 PM »

I think what you want Geek is the classic Voodoo zombie types like White Zombie. Look into that one, and others from the 30s 40s and 50s. Really, any zombie movie that pre dates Night of the Living Dead will suit ya just fine.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 10:46:39 PM by KYGOTC » Logged

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2010, 03:11:05 PM »

I've heard of a film called FIDO that sounds more like comedy than a zombie film.  It stars Billy Connoly as a pet zombie of a family.  I've heard the gore factor is very low.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
spongekryst
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2010, 03:35:23 PM »

The original Night of the Living Dead and the 1990 Tom Savini remake keep gore at a minimum.

BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2010, 08:39:08 PM »

I think what you want Geek is the classic Voodoo zombie types like White Zombie. Look into that one, and others from the 30s 40s and 50s. Really, and zombie movie that pre dates Night of the Living Dead will suit ya just fine.

I agree, and since "White Zombie" has already been mentioned, let me mention "I Walked with a Zombie" from 1943. A really moody film from producer Val Lewton and based on Charlotte Bronte's "Jane Eyre."
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2010, 07:04:04 AM »

If you like Hammer horror-theres Hammers only zombie film-PLAQUE of the ZOMBIES-

Small | Large

DEAD AND BURIED (1981)-I like this one alot. It's even got Jack(Chico and the Man!!!!)Albertson as a mad doctor!

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
diamondwaspvenom

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2010, 05:46:13 PM »

Wow....I never would have thought that some zombie films are cheap on the gore. Usually they go nuts with it.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2010, 09:34:01 PM »

I've heard of a film called FIDO that sounds more like comedy than a zombie film.  It stars Billy Connoly as a pet zombie of a family.  I've heard the gore factor is very low.

FIDO is quite funny, with a low gore quotient.  Would have mentioned it but wasn't sure if Infogeek was looking for zom-coms in particular. 

I'll second WHITE ZOMBIE and I WALKED WITH A ZOMBIE, but note that they involve Haitian zombies (i.e. corpses re-animated by voodoo priests), not Romero-tyoe zombies.  For a more modern take on Haitian zombies try Wes Craven's THE SERPENT & THE RAINBOW, which is not gory but has one very cringe-inducing torture scene.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
metalmonster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2010, 01:53:35 PM »

WHITE ZOMBIE
KING OF THE ZOMBIES
I WALKED WITH A ZOMBIE
REVOLT OF THE ZOMBIES
ZOMBIES OF MORA TOA
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2010, 03:25:26 PM »

REVOLT OF THE ZOMBIES

No!!!  Don't watch it, InfoGeek.  There's no gore, but there's not much of anything else either.  You've been warned...

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Zombie Films Without Lots of Gore « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.