Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:28:41 AM
713386 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Geroge Lopez to be in Speedy Gonzales movie « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Geroge Lopez to be in Speedy Gonzales movie  (Read 5482 times)
WingedSerpent
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« on: February 24, 2010, 06:13:34 PM »

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.reuters.com/george-lopez-voice-speedy-gonzales-film-reuters

Let's play a Game.  Read through the following paragraphs and count the reasons why this movie will be terrible.

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) – Speedy Gonzales is taking his folk-hero status, incredible speed and signature red kerchief to the big screen, with help from George Lopez.

The comedian is attached to provide the voice of the fastest mouse in all Mexico for a politically correct live-action/CG hybrid feature set up at New Line Cinema.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
flackbait

The fate of the last door to door salesmen

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 08:52:54 PM »

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.reuters.com/george-lopez-voice-speedy-gonzales-film-reuters

Let's play a Game.  Read through the following paragraphs and count the reasons why this movie will be terrible.

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) – Speedy Gonzales is taking his folk-hero status, incredible speed and signature red kerchief to the big screen, with help from George Lopez.

The comedian is attached to provide the voice of the fastest mouse in all Mexico for a politically correct live-action/CG hybrid feature set up at New Line Cinema.

I can't imagine George Lopez as the voice of Speedy Gonzales. Let alone the fact their making a movie version of that. What'll they base their next movie off of Quick Draw Mcgraw?

I don't have anything against George Lopez, but that has gotta be the one of the dumber ideas for a movie yet (at least they got their idea from a cartoon, and not a board game though!)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 07:49:59 PM by flackbait » Logged
Jim H

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 05:09:51 PM »

They're also updating the character to make him "Not racist".  I've still never understood what was so racist about Speedy - yeah, he's a stereotype, but it's not really a negative one and he was always the hero.  Maybe the side characters (who don't even appear in all the cartoons anyway) I could understand. 

Whatever.  The character is really popular in Mexico and South America, from my understanding, so it appears to be basically something that bothers Americans, not hispanic people in general.

Oh yes, and George Lopez is a terrible choice for Speedy.  Sorry, I think he can be funny, but his voice will never fit any incarnation of the character.
Raffine

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 12:38:20 AM »

How about a Slowpoke Rodriguez film!

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Geroge Lopez to be in Speedy Gonzales movie « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.