Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:14:46 AM
713326 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  Woman Called Poor Tipper Procures Lawyer « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Woman Called Poor Tipper Procures Lawyer  (Read 6204 times)
3mnkids
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: February 26, 2010, 03:08:48 PM »

http://www.wxii12.com/news/22660516/detail.html

WINSTON-SALEM --
A woman who a local restaurant manager refused to serve claiming she is a habitually poor tipper told WXII Wednesday she is in the process of consulting an attorney.

Monica Covington was recently banned from the Kanpai Japanese Steak and Seafood House on Stratford Road after manager Michael Lam said servers and chefs refused to serve her because of her less-than-expected tipping history at the establishment.

Covington said her spat with the restaurant began in 2008 when she was told she would have to pay an 18 percent gratuity to dine.

"Yes, because we can't keep continuing to serve her anymore because the servers and chefs are not willing to serve her," Lam said Tuesday when asked if he refused Covington service.

I dont think she should be suing.. Go somewhere else lady. I tend to believe the owner of the restaurant that his servers didnt want to wait on her. Why wouldnt they want too? Because she is a bad tipper. They probably got tired of getting stiffed and said enough!..

If she was tipping like she should why would they do this?

Im proud to say im a good tipper   TeddyR

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 09:14:48 PM »

It's a private establishment, and they can refuse to serve anyone they wish.  And for that matter, even if she won, does she really want to eat food served to her by people she sued?
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 07:59:41 AM »

I hope the judge throws this case out.  Like Jim H said, the restaurant has a right to refuse service to someone.  We had that same policy at the grocery store I used to work at.  Also agreeing with Jim H, even if she would be successful in suing them, why would she want to go back there. 

When it said that the people who work there didn't want to give her service, I remember some training video I had to watch at my first job "you may not remember the customers, but they remember you."  After working there for a few days, I learned that is not true to some extent.  You do remember those customers good or bad.

Seeing this reminded me of a book called Waiter rant.  It's about a guy who works as a head waiter at a restaurant who mentions several times about people not tipping them enough and saying how they had on their computer system notes about customers like not tipping enough and such.

Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 04:36:26 AM »

Pfft... Boo hoo hoo.  Can anyone resolve anything these days without suing?   Lookingup
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  Woman Called Poor Tipper Procures Lawyer « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.