Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 05:13:49 AM
714255 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  BAD (or GOOD) 1970s HORROR MOVIES you LOVE with (or without) redeeming value!! « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Author Topic: BAD (or GOOD) 1970s HORROR MOVIES you LOVE with (or without) redeeming value!!  (Read 33318 times)
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2010, 05:59:09 PM »

The Land That Time Forgot
The People That Time Forgot
- surprisingly fun fare!

Not the 70s but 1968's The Lost Continent keeps coming to my mind in association with these other films being named in this thread for some reason.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2010, 12:18:45 AM »

For an actually good performance by Shatner, and

For showing a kid getting killed!  Not something you see too often in film!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 12:24:12 AM by retrorussell » Logged

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Skull
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2010, 07:33:06 AM »

For showing a kid getting killed!  Not something you see too often in film!

It's very sad that William Girdler died so young in a helicopter accident... He did understand horror and his first movie Three on a Meathook (1972) inspired The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974) [although I believe he never seen the credit] He gave us such films as Abby (1974), Grizzly (1976), Day of the Animals (1977) and The Manitou (1978) all great films from the 1970's... Sometimes I'd wonder if he was still alive how much Horror would of changed in the 1980's... I do believe [because he did Manitou] William Girdler would be directing Poltergeist (1982) and Tobe Hooper would finish Venom (1981)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 07:34:40 AM by Skull » Logged
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2010, 07:54:17 AM »

The only reason I might love it is because it was on USA, and cable in the '80s gives me nice, warm, fuzzy feelings of nostalgia..

Why have I never heard of this? Why must I now see it?  Question

Thanks-now I have another on my 'MUST SEE' list!  Cheers

AND MORE i HAVE TO SEE! i LOVE THIS FORUM!!!  Buggedout
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 08:04:20 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2010, 08:11:16 AM »

For showing a kid getting killed!  Not something you see too often in film!

It's very sad that William Girdler died so young in a helicopter accident... He did understand horror and his first movie Three on a Meathook (1972) inspired The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974) [although I believe he never seen the credit] He gave us such films as Abby (1974), Grizzly (1976), Day of the Animals (1977) and The Manitou (1978) all great films from the 1970's... Sometimes I'd wonder if he was still alive how much Horror would of changed in the 1980's... I do believe [because he did Manitou] William Girdler would be directing Poltergeist (1982) and Tobe Hooper would finish Venom (1981)

He also did the incomprehensible-(but still fun! ) ASYLUM OF SATAN!

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2010, 09:43:11 AM »

agree on Black Magic.  that is one of my favorite movies of all time.  All thes ekung fu stars who are so cool they don't even need kung fu to make an awesome movie.  some people prefer the sequal because it's gorier but I like the original because it's too funky.

Skull
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2010, 01:17:50 PM »

agree on Black Magic.  that is one of my favorite movies of all time.  All thes ekung fu stars who are so cool they don't even need kung fu to make an awesome movie.  some people prefer the sequal because it's gorier but I like the original because it's too funky.

hehe... It either shows you have good taste in movies or your almost my twin :)
Nukie 2

I did it all for the...

« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2010, 11:44:36 AM »

I recall seeing this ad late night-on channel uhf 28 outta Southbend Indiania-late at nite-on Double Creature Feature. NEEDED to see it! And did too! At the Strand in Paw Paw-in 1972!

Onna double bill with KING KONG ESCAPES (an older Japenese monster fest!). I was 10 years old.

YOG! MONSTER FROM SPACE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G3bY8KtbSI

See the giant lobster battle the giant squid over whose the main-course best!

The only reason I might love it is because it was on USA, and cable in the '80s gives me nice, warm, fuzzy feelings of nostalgia..

"Rana", oh, that's such a black-woman's name!

Watch Nukie on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wab1Y713tN0
"Like" International Fans of the Movie Nukie and Sias Odendaal on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Fans-of-the-Movie-Nukie-and-Sias-Odendaal/135820159771783
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2010, 12:10:31 PM »

I love BLACK MAGIC too but I didn't think it was appropriate for a thread about movies with "little redeeming value...."  It's a well-made and very original movie.  I'd say it's even a "good movie." 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2010, 04:32:41 PM »

I love BLACK MAGIC too but I didn't think it was appropriate for a thread about movies with "little redeeming value...."  It's a well-made and very original movie.  I'd say it's even a "good movie." 
We can certainly talk about good movies in this thread; I'll even doctor the thread title if it eases your discomfit a bit.  For example, I think BLACK CHRISTMAS is a good movie, which I have mentioned.  A movie may also be "good" but "bad" for you...  Wink

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Skull
« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2010, 05:02:31 PM »

Good... Bad... The difference is what mainstream thinks... lol

Most of the movies listed were very good to fun so I thought Black Magic fits... I also think anybody that likes "Kill Bill" will find Black Magic so much better [as we as many Shaw Brothers movies]... Oh! Quentin Tarantino the 90's is so over... The schoolgirl in Kill Bill reminds me of the psycho girl in Louis Gossett Jr's The Punisher (hehe)... really nothing super new... although the one in The Punisher was so much better ~ actually I really like the 1989 version more then the 2000 movie (rambling like an old man)

Small | Large

retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2010, 09:24:19 PM »

Twitch Of The Death Nerve!
I love it because everyone kills each other!

Also,
Zombie because of the unashamedly gory moments.  Yum!

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2010, 11:18:11 PM »

Track of the Moon beast- it's hard for me to explain, but it's like a love-hatred type thing when it comes to this movie.

yeah no.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2010, 07:37:27 PM »

DEATHRACE 2000!!!!
Small | Large

KING KONG '76-it's cheeze!

(But....the more I watch it-the more It's a guilty pleasure!)

Small | Large

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2010, 05:26:22 PM »

THE WEREWOLF VS. THE VAMPIRE WOMAN (1971 aka LA NOCHE DE WALPURGIS ~ stars PAUL NASCHY)  
Small | Large

Wish I could find a clip on youtube of THE VAMPIRE PEOPLE a Philippine movie mess which is either 1964 or 1966 (and Sinister Cinema's dvd is in my Amazon cart) but I first saw it late night in the early 1970s probably on the CBS Late Movie... mississippigoddam was that wonderfully bad!!!  

TOMBS OF THE BLIND DEAD (1971 ~ LA NOCHE DEL TERROR CIEGO)  I'd probably love this film, and its lesser sequel (both of which I own) for the incredible cheeze factor, implausibility, great atmosphere, and revolting exploitation, but it still resonates as one of the worst internet forum experiences I've had.  I had posted a mocking criticism that'd be welcomed on this site, but at that forum I was insulted personally by a member and subsequently criticized by the webmaster (a good guy and member of this site - who doesn't post much) to which I responded by throwing down the gauntlet challenging all comers (big mistake on my part) and was subsequently thrown off of the now defunct Scifilm forum.  Those boys just did not want to hear how rotten this movie is... and it is rotten!!  I was later reinstated at Scifilm, but that had stung.  If you haven't seen TOMBS OF THE BLIND DEAD and love bad movies, this might be the KING of bad movies:

Small | Large

« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 06:18:38 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  BAD (or GOOD) 1970s HORROR MOVIES you LOVE with (or without) redeeming value!! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.