Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:16:02 PM
712917 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Star Odyssey « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Star Odyssey  (Read 22374 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: February 28, 2010, 11:58:24 AM »

Earth is under attack by an army of androids that look like members of Lady Gaga's Dutch fan club!  I know that sounds fun to watch, but this bargain budget Italian space opera is the mental equivalent of a $.29 frozen burrito.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 12:17:27 PM by Andrew » Logged

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 01:21:04 PM »

I am not really sure how to comment on a movie of this quality, but man, what an oddball it is.  How do you even find these films?

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 03:09:56 PM »

I am not really sure how to comment on a movie of this quality, but man, what an oddball it is.  How do you even find these films?

I watch junk all the time, and have been doing it for years.  For some reason, I've had a lot of exposure to the three films out of Italy that feature the same special effects and ridiculous robot costumes.  "Star Odyssey," "War of the Robots," and "Cosmos: War of the Planets" would be an amazingly awful triple bill to watch.

My favorite of the trio probably is "War of the Robots," just because the ending battle never ends.  It made for great fun torturing the audience at B-Fest 2010, because I knew another wave of enemy spaceships was coming, and the audience (after 20 minutes of this) was certain the movie had to be over.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Jay
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 03:39:30 PM »

Hmm, the one guys ray gun must of had a homing feature...but was stuck on "tree".
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010, 03:53:50 PM »

And Andrew takes another one for us bad movie lovers. And I just want him to know that while the films may not be worth watching, his reviews are always worth reading.

The bad news is that I had the misfortune to see this film when it came to theaters. The good news is that I have managed to block all memories of it from my mind, except the one that says I once saw it.
Scott M.
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2010, 10:07:09 PM »

Oh my god.  A movie that uses the same costumes and special effects from "War of the Robots".   BounceGiggle

I loved "War of the Robots" and I bought it on VHS as soon as the independent video store near me closed down and sold off all their stock.  Heck.  When I first saw the pictures in this review, I thought "Oh.  War of the Robots must have been put out under a new name."  But after reading the review, I learned that it was a totally different movie that looked exactly LIKE "War of the Robots"

Things I learned from watching War of the Robots:
1.  The camera man doesn't need to pay attention. (In several scenes, the camera man just gives up and lets the actors toddle out of the scene while the dialog continues for five minutes.  Also, a few times, only someone's nose is in the corner of the frame while the dialog was happening which was hilarious.)

2.  It IS possible to sit down in tight pants like that.

3. Starship pilots from Texas always have a godawful Southern drawl and wear cowboy boots.

4.  In the future, domes will be EVERYWHERE in the home (IKEA must be selling them or something).

5.  Monochrome is HOT in the future.

6.  When shot with an energy weapon, the response is to stand there for several seconds after being shot,  then grab only your waist or crotch, and THEN fall down.
Sitting Duck
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, 11:39:17 AM »

Intheorium? That's nearly as lame as Avatar's unobtainium.
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2010, 02:10:44 PM »

Backin high school, i showed this one at my b-movie club and it nearly killed it.

And I was hoping Andrew was gunna show the ONE GOOD clip of that movie: the ONE-SIDED ROBOT BOXING MATCH!
hawhaw!

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
Nukie 2

I did it all for the...

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2010, 03:05:29 PM »

I think I'll attempt to get through this movie again.
In 3 years I've tried maybe 8 times.

Very hard to get through without falling asleep.

Watch Nukie on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wab1Y713tN0
"Like" International Fans of the Movie Nukie and Sias Odendaal on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Fans-of-the-Movie-Nukie-and-Sias-Odendaal/135820159771783
zach keane
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2010, 10:02:47 PM »

I found this movie rather entertaining, with its goofy characters and effects. The only problems with this film are the ray guns ( ie. flash bulbs for a camera) the over use of stock footage from the directors other space epics, and most primarily the editing. Good God! Its like they tossed the film into a meat grinder and then reassembled it out of order!
Yannick
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2010, 04:29:43 PM »

Ho God when ever i feel down and depressed and need a good laugh i know that badmovie.org will deliver each time.

Some of theses movies even if not meant to be comedy are really funny to watch, even if they where made in the star wars era and most of them try to rip off that classic movie.

I tough Roger Corman was the master of low budget movies and one to use again and again and again costumes, spaceships and more on is other movies LOL that one Star Odyssey and War of the Robots rocked LOL with the same clones.
drillerkiller
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2010, 01:13:44 AM »

Oh God,
I own this movie - under the title "Metallica: The Earth's Ultimate Disaster". Truth in advertising I guess.
Bryan
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2010, 07:31:20 PM »

I have not had the fortune (after reading the review) of seeing this yet.  After watching the video and listening to the background music, I changed my mind to having the fortune to reading this review 1st so I will never watch this!

I likes me some bad movies, but my kryptonite is Strawberry Shortcake soundtracks.  Just those quick 20 seconds caused one of my eyeballs to contract rabies, and is currently digging into my brain.

Great review as always!
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2010, 09:46:10 AM »

I bought this movie at Wal-Mart.  It came with a couple of other movies (Superman cartoons??).  I got it for the amazing price of $1.99.  Cheers

I will post my reactions later.  BounceGiggle

John

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
cowofzot
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2011, 02:04:16 AM »

I think its awesome. The leaping circus acrobat that there seems to ne no reason for was a nice accent. Love the way the Gold robots cut in half & are thrown to the ground.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Star Odyssey « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.