Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 02:21:50 AM
714255 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  That picture makes no sense « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: That picture makes no sense  (Read 4049 times)
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« on: February 28, 2010, 08:19:02 PM »

Here's one that gets me every time I see it. How many times have you run across an ad or a sign with a graphic that although appropriate on the surface, makes no sense if you really think about it.

Number one on my list is the sun wearing sunglasses. Popular image of summer, but WTF? I have no problem using the sun as a character, but why does he need sunglasses? The sunlight's coming from HIM.

The other one is any pork product depicting a smiling pig in a chef's hat. Cute on the surface, and again, seemingly appropriate, but really damned disturbing if you think about it. Is the pig a cannibal? Is he a collaborator, out to save his own ass? A pig cooking pork with a big smile on his face is just wrong.

This guy not only cooks his own kind, but has apparently eaten his fill as well. I'm not even going to speculate about why he's sticking his crotch in the fire. Wait a minute. Is he cooking himself?

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 09:49:21 PM »

lol,never thought about the sun wearing sunglasses thing before. that image is everywhere too...

cant think of any examples right now, this thread has potential though  Smile

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 10:13:30 PM »

The other one is any pork product depicting a smiling pig in a chef's hat. Cute on the surface, and again, seemingly appropriate, but really damned disturbing if you think about it. Is the pig a cannibal? Is he a collaborator, out to save his own ass? A pig cooking pork with a big smile on his face is just wrong.

This guy not only cooks his own kind, but has apparently eaten his fill as well. I'm not even going to speculate about why he's sticking his crotch in the fire. Wait a minute. Is he cooking himself?

so every time i see a picture like this, i think of the time i was in Spanish, we saw a Three Little Pigs story with three different endings, one of them involves the third pig eating the wolf, which means that he must had eaten his bros as well!

yeah no.
Paquita

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 11:00:52 PM »

Number one on my list is the sun wearing sunglasses. Popular image of summer, but WTF? I have no problem using the sun as a character, but why does he need sunglasses? The sunlight's coming from HIM.

I have an answer for this!  Ya see, the sun has stock in sunglasses, so he's promoting his product.  That and sunglasses make you look cool - they're not only functional, but fashionable too.

The pig thing is just gross.. there's supposed to be a sausage shop somewhere around here (Chicago) with a neon animated sign of pigs happily jumping into a meat grinder.

I will add to this - food labels that show the food as happy little lovable guys, like goldfish and santa sweets.  They make me feel guilty about eating them when I see them looking like they're having such a good time!

The ingredients for goldfish also lists "smiles" as an ingredient, which I find both cute and creepy at the same time.
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 11:22:40 PM »

While I don't have a picture of it This past Christmas I was in an Art supply store.  There was a Christmas advertisement that featured some Gingerbread men and their Gingerbread house.  The funny thing was whomever made the gingerbread man used some frosting swirls to make their hair.  The swirls looked like a number 6.  There was three swirrls on each gingerbread man's head.

That's right.  The Gingerbread men in this Christmas time ad looked like they had the mark of the beast on their foreheads.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 11:40:05 PM by WingedSerpent » Logged

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 11:35:18 PM »

...The other one is any pork product depicting a smiling pig in a chef's hat. Cute on the surface, and again, seemingly appropriate, but really damned disturbing if you think about it. Is the pig a cannibal? Is he a collaborator, out to save his own ass? A pig cooking pork with a big smile on his face is just wrong.

Or are they saying we're pigs for eating their product? 

I despise the Perdue TV ad where the Perdue man scolds the chicken, "Gladys," stating: "...And no candy Gladys!"  So, he names these chickens, which are characterized as having personality, before chopping off their heads and butchering them?  Stupid.

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2010, 11:59:27 PM »

I will add to this - food labels that show the food as happy little lovable guys, like goldfish and santa sweets.  They make me feel guilty about eating them when I see them looking like they're having such a good time!

The ingredients for goldfish also lists "smiles" as an ingredient, which I find both cute and creepy at the same time.

Cereals have been bad for that. I still remember Mr. Mini Wheat from 1986, and how bizarre I thought that was.
Small | Large

I have no doubt a sentient Mini Wheat would have psychological problems, being that it exists for the sole purpose of being eaten. But this guy seems more concerned about what people will think upon devouring him. Cereal characters, and food characters in general, have always been very enthusiastic about their fate, as if they've been told they're going to America or "The Island" or something.

---------------------
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2010, 10:18:27 AM »

Goldfish and Mini-Wheats are bad enough, but the one that always grossed me out was the Oscar Mayer Wiener song.  Yes indeedy I want to be cannibalized!  Let's sing and dance about it!

(edited for spelling)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 11:04:50 AM by Newt » Logged

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2010, 10:59:53 AM »

And who wouldn't want to dismember and consume these lovable guys? This clip actually follows up the song and dance with a scene of graphic carnage. Think about it. The same treats we just saw marching across the screen are now being enthusiastically ripped apart by a family of four.
Small | Large

---------------------
Count Ratfink
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2010, 11:33:01 AM »

And who wouldn't want to dismember and consume these lovable guys? This clip actually follows up the song and dance with a scene of graphic carnage. Think about it. The same treats we just saw marching across the screen are now being enthusiastically ripped apart by a family of four.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfDXlgmKFyU

Holy mouse turds, that was messed up on so many levels! Buggedout  Poor refreshments.  Bluesad
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2010, 11:36:45 AM »

And then there's this guy, so eager to be eaten he's throwing mustard and relish on himself, but it's the sexual overtones that make this one a classic.
Small | Large
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 07:56:48 PM by AndyC » Logged

---------------------
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  That picture makes no sense « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.