Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:56:11 AM
713331 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Vincent Price Sings! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Vincent Price Sings!  (Read 6146 times)
Mighty Atomic Pikachu
« on: March 28, 2001, 05:42:22 PM »

Hehehehehe! Anyone know where I can locate an MP3 of Vincent Price singing "Over The Rainbow" from "Dr. Phibes Rises Again?" (I understand that up till its recent Midnite Movies rerelease this was cut)
Chadzilla
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2001, 06:14:18 PM »

I was stunned and elated when I saw this on AMC awhile back and he actually sang it, I was so used to the altered ending (I had even begun to tell my wife that, in the original version, Phibes sang Over the Rainbow when he began to sing it, my wife was confused).  Evidently AIP (who produced the movie originally) did not go through the proper channels to acquire the rights to the song and it was deleted from all its prints, I thought that it had been lost forever.  Now that MGM owns the rights (as it does for The Wizard of Oz) the song has been restored to the films ending.  Can you imagine the irony if, after all that legal back and forth and such, the blasted 'controversial' thing gets out on those heebie jeebie freebie thingamabobs, oh boy.
Greywizard, The Unknown Movies
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2001, 06:31:34 PM »

Yes, MGM now owns the AIP library. However, they don't own "The Wizard Of Oz" anymore. In the mid 1980s, MGM sold off all the MGM movies in its library to Turner. Years later, Turner was bought by Warner Brothers. So Warner Brothers actually owns "The Wizard Of Oz".
Dr. Freex
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2001, 01:30:44 AM »

Greywizard, The Unknown Movies wrote:
>
> Yes, MGM now owns the AIP library. However, they don't
> own "The Wizard Of Oz" anymore. In the mid 1980s, MGM sold
> off all the MGM movies in its library to Turner. Years later,
> Turner was bought by Warner Brothers. So Warner Brothers
> actually owns "The Wizard Of Oz".

Man, after a while it really starts to make your head hurt, doesn't it?
Chadzilla
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2001, 01:47:57 PM »

I heard/thought that MGM/UA home video is actually owned in part by (or a division of) Warner Bros HV.  Evidently WB took over manufacturing and distributing their MGM/UAs HV product releases when MGM/UA almost folded under the burden of its financial troubles in the late eighties and early nineties.  this stuff just don't make sense.
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2001, 07:04:59 PM »

Didn't he sing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" at the end of "Dr. Phibes Rises Again," too? Or, is my memory playing tricks with me again? If you want to hear another occasion where he sings, while
playing the piano, then watch "The House of Seven Gables." He has
a suprisingly good tenor voice, and he knows how to play the piano. Another added attraction, at least for me, is that George Sanders is the villain in the film.
Pacman000
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 01:11:31 PM »

He also sang in Disney's "The Great Mouse Detective."  The DVD even has a documentary which shows the recording session!
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 04:29:50 PM »

Small | Large

Here ya go.  Yeah.  Price always did have a cool sounding voice.  Also, after reading a summary of a proposed final Phibes film (which Price evidently approved of and would have done) I'm pretty sad it never got made.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Vincent Price Sings! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.