Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:39:33 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  Atlanta police capture zebra that escapes from circus, goes for romp on highway « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Atlanta police capture zebra that escapes from circus, goes for romp on highway  (Read 3797 times)
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« on: February 19, 2010, 09:36:30 AM »

This delights me: the world is indeed a bizarre place!  Can you imagine seeing a zebra whip by on your way to work?  Is that a portent for the day?  A hint to take the day off?  Does it set your mood for the day?  BounceGiggle

Atlanta police capture zebra that escapes from circus, goes for romp on highway http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/100218/world/us_odd_runaway_zebra_atlanta
Thu Feb 18, 8:14 PM
By Kate Brumback, The Associated Press

ATLANTA - An Atlanta highway turned into a circus Thursday afternoon when an escaped zebra galloped along a busy section of interstate with police in hot pursuit.
The 12-year-old animal named Lima was exercising outside a downtown arena in preparation for an evening show when something spooked him, said Ringling Brothers and Barnum&Bailey Circus spokeswoman Crystal Drake. The zebra broke away from his trainers and bumped up against a fence, then wriggled through an opening.
"We're not sure what it was that startled him, but we're looking into that," she said.
He was spotted by people in downtown Atlanta, including Daniel Nance.
"All of a sudden a freaking zebra comes running down the street like a car," Nance told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. "Five or six police cars were in hot pursuit. And a bunch of officers on foot. But then I got scared, thinking ... what else is loose?"
Lima led his trainers and police on a 40-minute chase through downtown to the interstate highway that cuts through the centre of the city, covering well over a mile (1.6 kilometres) on the way.
Police cruisers blocked off all southbound lanes on an interstate and herded the zebra onto an entrance ramp, where his trainer was on hand to capture and soothe him, Drake said.
"He obviously was excited, but he was in good shape," Drake said. "His handler calmed him down."

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 09:45:22 AM »

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

I have had some foreign visitors to Pretoria who've been quite upset and some even a little angry when they tell me that they haven't seen any wild animals running around in this city. "We came to Africa to see animals so where the heck are they?" is their usual complaint. Question

I just normally direct them here www.zoo.ac.za if they're not too upset, that is.  TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 09:56:58 AM »

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

I have had some foreign visitors to Pretoria who've been quite upset and some even a little angry when they tell me that they haven't seen any wild animals running around in this city. "We came to Africa to see animals so where the heck are they?" is their usual complaint. Question

We had cousins from England visit when I was about 14.  We had them stay at our cottage on the lake for a week and my siblings and Canadian cousins had a field day spinning tall tales about the wild animals that would come out of the bush at night, and how backward we in the colonies were wrt modern technological advances such as cars, telephones and television.  (We had only stopped using horse-drawn vehicles in very recent years and so forth) We had them believing us for quite some time.  It was great fun.

Why on Earth would anyone expect to see wild animals in the city??  We do have some here - but just small critters like raccoons and skunks, plus the odd deer in larger parks.  Sometimes a coyote or fox.  There was a time when you might see bears about the smaller town dumps.

"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 10:01:38 AM »

(We had only stopped using horse-drawn vehicles in very recent years and so forth) We had them believing us for quite some time.  It was great fun.

TeddyR TeddyR

So what I can expect to see if I come there?  Wink

Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 10:16:59 AM »

So what I can expect to see if I come there?  Wink

That depends on what time of year, what you'd like to see and how long you have for a visit!  If winter, your chances of seeing a polar bear are greater.  I'm sure AndyC or I could whip up an extra room for you in either of our igloos.  In summer, well, how are your canoeing skills?  You aren't afraid of a few moose, are you?   Wolverines?   TeddyR  The good news is that the size of pack that will fit on a dog sled will also work for a canoe...makes planning your packing simpler.  We also have some excellent zoos.   Wink

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 10:29:07 AM »

I'm sure AndyC or I could whip up an extra room for you in either of our igloos.

Buggedout Buggedout I'm African, remember? I don't know cold!  Wink

In summer, well, how are your canoeing skills?  You aren't afraid of a few moose, are you?   Wolverines?   TeddyR 

Never been in a canoe and I've never seen moose at all. I would like to, though.  Smile The only wolverines I know are those guys and girls in Red DawnTeddyR

Silverlady
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2010, 12:54:57 PM »

I'm sure AndyC or I could whip up an extra room for you in either of our igloos.

Buggedout Buggedout I'm African, remember? I don't know cold!  Wink

In summer, well, how are your canoeing skills?  You aren't afraid of a few moose, are you?   Wolverines?   TeddyR 

Never been in a canoe and I've never seen moose at all. I would like to, though.  Smile The only wolverines I know are those guys and girls in Red DawnTeddyR

Trevor, don't forget Wolverine in X Men, although he's a mutant  ... !  TeddyR

Hold onto your dreams ....
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2010, 06:28:13 PM »

Ah,  but he is 'our' mutant and I did have him in mind - thanks Silverlady!   Wink

OK: I'll ask it: why was the zebra escaping from circus?  Or do we want to know?  Buggedout (Maybe it's unfair to ask since Circus is not here to comment?)

BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2010, 04:04:25 PM »

Ah,  but he is 'our' mutant and I did have him in mind - thanks Silverlady!   Wink

OK: I'll ask it: why was the zebra escaping from circus?  Or do we want to know?  Buggedout (Maybe it's unfair to ask since Circus is not here to comment?)

Probably because it was anti-social. When the zebras were placed with the other animals at Disney's Animal Kingdom, they so did not get along with the other animals, they had to be moved to their own paddock at Animal Kingdom Lodge.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2010, 08:17:08 PM »

Well I guess he showed his true stripes. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  Atlanta police capture zebra that escapes from circus, goes for romp on highway « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.