Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:44:08 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  What Do You Do With Detroit? Bulldoze It « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What Do You Do With Detroit? Bulldoze It  (Read 6882 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« on: March 09, 2010, 07:34:03 PM »

What Do You Do With Detroit? Bulldoze It  

Have you ever wondered what will become of Detroit?   Will the auto industry bounce back in enough time to save the real-estate market? Will artists flock to the cheap real estate and colonize the city? Or, will it go the way of that luxury condo building in downtown Orlando that's overwhelmed by vultures?

Well, Detroit’s mayor has an idea: Bulldoze it.

Mayor Dave Bing is apparently working on a radical plan that would bulldoze a quarter of the city — some of the most desolate areas — and return it to farmland, the way it was before the automobile. Any residents still there would be relocated to stronger neighborhoods.

This isn't a new idea — Detroit has been kicking it around since the 1990s, and some people suggest dozens of U.S. cities hard-hit by the recession may have to be bulldozed... 

http://www.cnbc.com/id/35780958 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
3mnkids
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 07:46:17 PM »

Those areas breed crime and make property values of surrounding neighborhoods go down. They should level them. I believe that Detroit will come back, it's a great city that has just been hit hard.

When the economy improves, people have more disposable income, investors will take a chance on Detroit.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 07:53:52 PM »

Being a hardcore Michigander-I think It's a good idea. Detroit-parts of it-look like a warzone. A DEAD warzone. Bombed out cities at the end of WWII come to mind. No businesses-no livable homes-its dead. Take photos for posterity-and mow it over.
BUT.
The folks who DO live there better get put somewhere-help 'em out for 6 months-if they dont figure out how to live without living on drug dealing and such-f$ck em.
I know that sounds f#cked up-but the fact of the matter is-nobody with a real job lives there. AND if they do have real jobs-and are good people--they'll do better in a better economic freindly area.drug pushers and pimps-fug em.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 07:56:19 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 09:16:11 PM »

Sounds like OCP is trying to bring in Delta City finally.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
akiratubo

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 10:06:09 PM »

Bulldoze Detroit?  About freaking time.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 12:14:19 AM »

How about we bulldoze DC instead?

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Jim H

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2010, 01:18:39 AM »

Being a hardcore Michigander-I think It's a good idea. Detroit-parts of it-look like a warzone. A DEAD warzone. Bombed out cities at the end of WWII come to mind. No businesses-no livable homes-its dead. Take photos for posterity-and mow it over.
BUT.
The folks who DO live there better get put somewhere-help 'em out for 6 months-if they dont figure out how to live without living on drug dealing and such-f$ck em.
I know that sounds f#cked up-but the fact of the matter is-nobody with a real job lives there. AND if they do have real jobs-and are good people--they'll do better in a better economic freindly area.drug pushers and pimps-fug em.

You said it.  I remember going there in the early 90s and seeing burned out buildings - then realizing this was from the riots.  Ya know, the riots THIRTY YEARS EARLIER.  That should give some perspective on what parts of Detroit are like.

Probably the worst thing...  Detroit improved by a large margin over my lifetime in Michigan (I lived in Michigan 1983 to about 2002) - it got a lot safer (still fairly dangerous, just less so), schools improved in some places, etc.  Only for it to start to get worse all over again because of all the crap that's happened in the past 10 years.  Sad.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2010, 09:15:14 AM »

Sounds like OCP is trying to bring in Delta City finally.

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Skull
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2010, 02:35:20 PM »

Have you ever wondered what will become of Detroit?   Will the auto industry bounce back in enough time to save the real-estate market?

Whats wrong with a ghost town (or a ghost city)?
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010, 02:44:10 PM »

Have you ever wondered what will become of Detroit?   Will the auto industry bounce back in enough time to save the real-estate market?

Nothing-I guess. But they are sad.

http://www.100abandonedhouses.com/

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Skull
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2010, 02:50:36 PM »

Nothing-I guess. But they are sad.

http://www.100abandonedhouses.com/

It's sad... (true)

but I visualize a new theme park and/or a Hollywood filming location...

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2010, 03:24:13 PM »

Wow, a film plot actually becoming reality.....scary!  Buggedout

Quick, somebody find a dead cop and re-assemble him as a cyborg hero!

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  What Do You Do With Detroit? Bulldoze It « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.