Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:56:21 AM
713331 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior  (Read 9121 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: March 10, 2010, 04:57:41 AM »

I finally watched The Road Warrior the other night.
I'd known about it since childhood but had only seen bits and pieces of it throughout the years and had never actually sat through the entire movie.

Wow!  This movie kicked some serious ass!   Thumbup
It was definitely a good time and one of the best post-apocalyptic films I've ever seen.
All the acting and action scenes are excellent.  I had no idea that the psycho dude was Vernon Wells who played Bennet in Commando. 

The Humungus was one of the coolest villains ever and his gang were pretty menacing...and stupid.
The chase scenes were tightly filmed and exhilarating.  The car wreck scenes were especially well done.

I can't believe I missed out on this movie all this time!

I saw Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome when it came out, but for some reason The Road Warrior managed to slip through the cracks.
I rate it 4 stars out of 4 and a huge  Thumbup   Smile

I haven't seen the original Mad Max either.  Gonna have to add that one to my Netflix queue.
Is it any good?

What did you think of The Road Warrior?

joejoeherron
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 06:48:30 AM »

Both mad max and the road warrior are awsome movies. good action scenes, car stunts, violence,ect.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 07:37:05 AM »

Oh man, you gotta see Mad Max!  That movie is a total classic.  I must have seen it 10 times.  Move it to #1 on your Netflix queue.  On the DVD I've got, there's an Australian version and an American version - definitely watch the Australian version. 

I liked The Road Warrior a whole lot as well.  The chase scenes and the crashes are really some of the best ever. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 08:15:02 AM »

The Mad Max movies started the whole post-apocalyptic craze of the 80's. I own all three of them.  Mad Max is a bit different from the other two in that some pockets of the old civilization still exists.  It's the origin of how Max became the loner he is in the other two.  All three are very good.

George Miller is making a new one called Fury Road with Tom Hardy as Max 

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2010/01/28/mad-max-fury-road-gets-new-plot-details-adds-clash-of-the-titans-actor-nicholas-hoult/

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
3mnkids

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 08:23:57 AM »

The road warrior is one of the very few sequels that I like better than the original. Dont get me wrong, Mad Max rocks, but the road warrior is better.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 11:52:20 AM by 3mnkids » Logged

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 08:33:35 AM »

The road warrior is one of the very sequels that I like better than the original. Dont get me wrong, Mad Max rocks, but the road warrior is better.

LOL!  I was composing my reply and it warned me there had been another post - and you said what I was going to say!

I saw Road Warrior first, in the theatre (a good friend had seen Mad Max and insisted I had to see this one).  LOVED it  (still do!).  Mad Max came as a bit of a disappointment in comparison: it is earlier and consequently a bit 'rougher' around the edges (which on subsequent viewings became a charm all its own); all in all a different film.  It is great, but don't expect "more of the same" exactly.  To quote 3mnkids: "Dont get me wrong, Mad Max rocks, but the road warrior is better."  There is a definite (and of course understandable) progression of development in the films from Mad Max to Thunderdome; I expect the fourth film will also dispaly a sort of 'quantum leap' in the actual filmmaking. 
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 09:00:37 AM by Newt » Logged

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2010, 01:49:04 PM »

I saw the original MAD MAX at the drive-in on a wonderful double feature with ROLLING THUNDER.  I saw both THE ROAD WARRIOR and BEYOND THUNDERDOME in the theater.  THE ROAD WARRIOR is the most action-packed of the three movies, but the original is definitely a landmark film and a cult classic (even though the Australian dialogue was dubbed into "American English" in the U.S. prints).  BEYOND THUNDERDOME was okay, but I don't think it measures up to the other two.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2010, 02:13:16 PM »

I grew up watching this film when it was shown on early cablevision and subscription channels like ONTV and SelecTV. I have always loved it, and like many Americans, saw it before seeing the original Mad Max. The reason for this is that Mad Max (1979) was originally not marketed in the U.S., only in Australia. Mel Gibson was a complete unknown when he did that film. The sequel was released simply as Mad Max 2 (no Road Warrior) in Australia, and due to the success of the film, was marketed and released in the U.S., but under the name The Road Warrior (No Mad Max in the title). This was because the film does do well as a standalone film, and they figured that since nobody in the U.S. would have seen Mad Max, releasing it as Mad Max 2 would have been confusing to American filmgoers. After the success of the sequel in the U.S., Mad Max started getting noticed in the states, and eventually the sequel got marketed as Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior. The odd thing is that when I viewed the sequel on cable or other subscription channels in the early 80's, you would sometimes see the Australian print or the American print, no different, except for the film title in the opening credits. I remember getting confused when I saw Mad Max 2 as the film opened instead of The Road Warrior as I expected.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Monster Jungle X-Ray
Bad Movie Lover

Just Another Pretty Face

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2010, 02:30:50 PM »

I've said it before, but I think THE ROAD WARRIOR is probably the most perfect action film ever made. I've seen film this at least a hundred times. I really wish I had my VHS I taped of its network television premiere as it had a lot of alternate footage (especially during the chase scene) that they used in lieu of the violent stuff they had to cut.

I like both versions of Mad Max, the dubbed and the original, the former mostly from nostalgia as like many that is how I first saw it. For some reason I like the dialogue of the guy who plays the 'Night Rider' at the beginning in the dubbed version better than his actual voice.

" Society doesn't accept us because of what we are, so we're an enemy of society. " - Pa Mooney, THE RATS ARE COMING! THE WEREWOLVES ARE HERE!
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010, 02:38:24 PM »

I've said it before, but I think THE ROAD WARRIOR is probably the most perfect action film ever made. I've seen film this at least a hundred times. I really wish I had my VHS I taped of its network television premiere as it had a lot of alternate footage (especially during the chase scene) that they used in lieu of the violent stuff they had to cut.

I like both versions of Mad Max, the dubbed and the original, the former mostly from nostalgia as like many that is how I first saw it. For some reason I like the dialogue of the guy who plays the 'Night Rider' at the beginning in the dubbed version better than his actual voice.

Most perfect? Well, that's debatable, but I would put it in my Top 5 of all time for action movies, to be sure. I think because it was very influenced by American cinema, but has a slightly alien Australian perspective to it that makes it very unique to American eyes, and therefore a very standout film. I put it right up there with The Terminator on the all-time action movie list.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
nilbog
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2010, 05:52:04 PM »

Mad Max 2 is better than the first. The first is still great though!

craptasticmovies.com

"Nilbog! It's Goblin Spelt Backwards!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2010, 12:27:59 PM »

MAD MAX is great but it's quite a bit different than ROAD WARRIOR.  It's much darker and more downbeat, with more character development and less action.  Both are great films, just don't go into MAD MAX expecting to see more of the same.   

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Nukie 2

I did it all for the...

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2010, 12:35:42 PM »

If you haven't seen Warriors of the Wasteland, this film should seem more funnier to you,
as it's one of the worst Road Warrior rip-offs out there!

Watch Nukie on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wab1Y713tN0
"Like" International Fans of the Movie Nukie and Sias Odendaal on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Fans-of-the-Movie-Nukie-and-Sias-Odendaal/135820159771783
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2010, 06:15:05 PM »

I saw this the other night and afterwards, i slept great! Don't know why cuz when i watch a movie before bed, i'll finally go to sleep at either 1-2 in the morning.

yeah no.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2010, 01:11:33 AM »

I'm in the same boat as Ash, I had never really watched any of these movies, and I am a child of the '80s.

I got a bunch of people together to watch Mad Max, and I was underwhelmed to say the least. (Although I see Mad Max beat Alan Moore to the sawing-your-own-arm-off punch.)

A little bit later I watched The Road Warrior. Holy flurking schnit! TRW is such an amazing movie I can't even talk about it. I wouldn't say it is the perfect action movie (I hold Predator to own that title). But, man, The Road Warrior is so good. It's everything I want in a movie, and it was done way back when I was a small, ignorant person.

I can't say enough good things about it.

Beyond the Thunderdome I was very disappointed in. They took all the cool stuff about TRW and turned it into a kid's movie for some reason.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.