Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:51:54 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Corey Haim dead at 38 « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Corey Haim dead at 38  (Read 20673 times)
3mnkids
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: March 10, 2010, 08:43:03 AM »

http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/10/corey-haim-dead-died-death-lapd-overdose-corey-feldman-lost-boys-two-coreys/

Actor Corey Haim died this morning of an apparent overdose -- possibly accidental -- according to LAPD. He was 38.

Police tell us they were called to St. Joseph's hospital in Burbank, CA shortly before 4AM PT to investigate.

Haim shot to fame in the 80s -- when he co-starred in a number of films, including "The Lost Boys," with Corey Feldman

I know stories have come out before about his death but this time it might be true.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 08:52:14 AM »

It is true, sadly.  Bluesad

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 09:21:29 AM »

Wow, another big figure of the 80s gone. I know he had personal demons haunting him for quite some time.  RIP Corey
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 12:06:39 PM by The DarkSider » Logged

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 10:50:04 AM »

Sad news.  Good night, COREY

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Pilgermann

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 10:54:04 AM »

Geez, that's sad to hear.  I guess this shouldn't be too shocking considering his years of problems, but it's still a little startling.  It's a shame he wasn't able to overcome his addictions.  RIP

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 02:11:14 PM »

'Lost Boys' actor Corey Haim dead at 38
Associated Press/AP Online 

• Photo Gallery: Corey Haim

By ROBERT JABLON
LOS ANGELES - Corey Haim, a 1980s teen heartthrob whose career was blighted by drug abuse, has died. He was 38.

Haim died early Wednesday at Providence St. Joseph Medical Center in Burbank, Los Angeles County coroner's Lt. Cheryl MacWillie said.

"As he got out of bed, he felt a little weak and went down to the floor on his knees," Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter said. His mother called paramedics.

An autopsy will determine Haim's cause of death. There was no evidence of foul play, police Sgt. Michael Kammert said.

Haim, who gained attention for his roles in "Lucas" and "The Lost Boys," had flulike symptoms before he died and was getting over-the-counter and prescription medications, police Sgt. William Mann said.

"He could have succumbed to whatever (illness) he had or it could have been drugs," Mann said. "He has had a drug problem in the past."

Haim was taken by ambulance to the hospital from an apartment in Los Angeles near Burbank.

Haim acknowledged his struggle with drug abuse to a British tabloid in 2004.

"I was working on 'Lost Boys' when I smoked my first joint," he told The Sun. "I did cocaine for about a year and a half, then it led to crack."

Haim said he went into rehabilitation and was put on prescription drugs. He took stimulants and sedatives.

"I started on the downers, which were a hell of a lot better than the uppers because I was a nervous wreck," he said.

In 2007, he told ABC's "Nightline" that drugs hurt his career.

"I wasn't functional enough to work for anybody, even myself. I wasn't working," he said.

The Toronto-born actor got his start in television commercials at 10 and developed a good reputation for his work in such films as 1985's "Murphy's Romance" and his portrayal of Liza Minelli's dying son in the 1985 television film "A Time to Live."

His career peaked when he became a heartthrob with his roles in the 1986 movie "Lucas" and "The Lost Boys" in 1987 in which he battled vampires.

In later years, he made a few TV appearances and had several direct-to-video movies. He also had a handful of recent movies that have not yet been released.

In 1997, Haim filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, listing debts for medical expenses and more than $200,000 in state and federal taxes.

His assets included a few thousand dollars in cash, clothing and royalty rights.

In recent years, he appeared in the A&E reality TV show "The Two Coreys" with his friend Corey Feldman. It was canceled in 2008 after two seasons. Feldman later said Haim's drug abuse strained their working and personal relationships.

In a 2007 interview on CNN's "Larry King Live," Haim called himself "a chronic relapser for the rest of my life."

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Skull
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2010, 02:31:32 PM »

wow... Oh wow...

I would like to feel sorry for him but I can't... He had it all woman/money/famous name (actually he could of pimp this for a long, long time... but he decided to do drugs.)

A reason why drugs is bad (including POT)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2010, 02:52:39 PM »

Sad.RIP.I always thought Feldman was the "bad boy". No ones really bad. Just sad.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Silverlady
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2010, 04:14:49 PM »

Sad.  So many young stars seem to get into trouble with drugs at an early age.   Bluesad

Hold onto your dreams ....
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010, 06:01:17 PM »

Sad.  So many young stars seem to get into trouble with drugs at an early age.   Bluesad

It is easy enough to do for many young actors.

Many of them have the money to purchase the drugs,

Many of them have people around them who will cater to their every whim, including drugs.

And many of them are under pressures, we cannot begin to understand, at an age, when they should not be under such pressures. Pressures which they deal with by taking drugs.
venomx
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2010, 06:13:48 PM »

Im so sad about this.  Bluesad

Thanks for all the great movies Corey!

RIP.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2010, 09:38:28 PM »

It's a sad story, really.  I read one report that said he was taking something like 90 pills a day or more, depending on the pill.  Which is obscene, really, considering the prices of some of them. Buggedout

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Paquita

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2010, 09:58:47 PM »

I can't help but wonder how the other Corey is taking the news.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2010, 03:22:39 PM »

RIP

Feldman must be gutted  Bluesad

JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2010, 05:05:12 PM »

R.I.P. Corey Haim. Another piece of the 80s, early 90s dies. Cocaine and prescription drug addiction are harsh mistresses.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Corey Haim dead at 38 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.