Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:20:47 PM
714237 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  8 Year Old Girl Attacked By 2 Dogs « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 8 Year Old Girl Attacked By 2 Dogs  (Read 3689 times)
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« on: March 10, 2010, 09:09:42 AM »

I hope she ends up being alright.  I think the owners of the two dogs should be charged for this since this really isn't the first time their dogs attacked people.

http://www.cbsatlanta.com/news/22789395/detail.html

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
3mnkids
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 06:19:21 PM »

This is so sad. I hate to hear these kinds of stories. From the sounds of it these parents need to be charged. I hope she recovers.

Did you hear about that guy from the TV show Ax men? His dogs killed his 4 yr old recently.. Found it.. http://www.katu.com/news/local/85850097.html  On another forum I visit the thread about him got so heated it got deleted.

I dont understand how people can constantly defend owners, and their pets, when they kill or maim someone. It boggles my mind. Some breeds do have a propensity towards violence. Of course little dogs attack, they bite, and sometimes they even kill but not with the frequency that pits and rots do. 

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 06:25:17 PM »

Terrible and unnecessary.  How can people be so careless, lazy, indifferent, ignorant, selfish...??  Okay, I'm angry with those kinds of stories.  Someone I know was recently attacked by a dog which broke his hand.  The owners of those dogs should be shot. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 09:18:13 AM »

I've often said, they should stop licencing dogs and start licencing the owners. Just because people and dogs have been together since prehistory, people don't take the responsibility seriously enough. Dogs need to be properly socialized, trained and either contained or supervised. Either they're in the house, behind a fence or on a leash. Any tendency toward aggression needs to be dealt with while the dog is still a puppy, and if they are still aggressive in some situations, they need to be kept out of those situations. That, to me, is bare minimum in the way of dog ownership. People who can't do that much shouldn't own dogs.

The other side of it is that kids aren't taught what to do around animals. That's not blaming the victims, it's an ounce of prevention. Again, because everybody has a pet dog, a lot of kids are encouraged to just walk up and maul any dog they see. Our daughter was taught from the beginning not to approach dogs without the owner present, to ask permission before touching the dog (which idiotic owners often undermine - "Oh, never mind, he's friendly"), and even how to reach out to the dog so as not to appear threatening. She's 4 and she understands dog body language. We've taught her to stay away from dogs that appear uncomfortable, and if they try to get away from her, let them. And on many occasions, I've taken our Brittany Spaniel and pulled back his lips to give her a good look at the teeth in that cute face. People don't respect dogs like they should. Our daughter isn't afraid of any dog, but she does appreciate that they are carnivores of the same species as wolves. They're faster, more agile and have sharper senses than people, in addition to meat-tearing teeth and claws and a lot more instinct than conscience. Dogs have a lot of weaponry under the control of a brain that is no bigger than a lemon, and driven mostly by the four Fs. Friendly or not, they should never be underestimated.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  8 Year Old Girl Attacked By 2 Dogs « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.