Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:10:21 AM
713333 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Small Wonder on DVD « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Small Wonder on DVD  (Read 3150 times)
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« on: March 04, 2010, 11:21:14 PM »

Small Wonder
Small | Large

For those who may not know, or may have chosen to forget, Small Wonder is a wonderful (I use that term loosely) sitcom from the mid '80s.  Didn't air on a network, but on First-Run Syndication.  Which, much to the chagrin of cast/crew and fans, meant episodes would air out of order. 

It's about a father who works at a computer type firm, who decides to bring his latest project home.  Turns out, it's a robotic 10 year old girl who can do all sorts of stuff, like lifting couches with one hand, breaking down doors by sneezing or some such feat. 

Well, finally, my prayers and the prayers of others have been answered: dvd release.  It's a great show.  Anyone else out there like it (like me), or agree with the mass media in saying it's a horrible show that never should've been on tv?

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Paquita
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 09:57:08 AM »

I LOVED Small Wonder!!  I thought it was the coolest show on TV because robots are cool!
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 03:26:03 PM »

whens the she's the sheriff boxed set coming out  BounceGiggle

seriously I saw an episode of Small Wonder where a few of the older kids were experimenting with chewing tobacco and at the end of the episode one of the kids was diagnosed with mouth cancer.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 08:29:13 PM »

I used to frequently watch this show I believe on Saturday nights growing up.  I liked it but even at that age I wondered why no one ever questioned (or at least not to my knowledge anyhow) why these people had a daughter who talked like a robot all the time.  I never did like the supporting cast, especially the older brother. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2010, 09:21:05 PM »

I used to frequently watch this show I believe on Saturday nights growing up.  I liked it but even at that age I wondered why no one ever questioned (or at least not to my knowledge anyhow) why these people had a daughter who talked like a robot all the time.  I never did like the supporting cast, especially the older brother. 
I quite liked that their explanations for her seemed to change season to season: "She's a neice visiting for a while."  "She was adopted."  "She's our daughter."  Something like that. 

What I wanna know is how she made it through 4 years without ever changing that outfit, ONCE.  She was always wearing it, even as the robot 'went through puberty' and eventually grew in height/weight. 

I loved it, despite it's somewhat whacked out horrible premise and all.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 09:55:22 AM »

I have no opnion on it,as I seen it only a few times.
I'm sure Raffine (where is he,anyway?) won't be buying it-he used to call the show his "nemisis"!  BounceGiggle

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2010, 09:33:10 PM »

I have no opnion on it,as I seen it only a few times.
I'm sure Raffine (where is he,anyway?) won't be buying it-he used to call the show his "nemisis"!  BounceGiggle
He really used to call it his 'nemisis'? Why?

For all it's quirks, it wasn't so bad.

By the by, in the 'trailer' section of the dvd, apparently, two other classic shows are now on dvd: My Two Dads and Mr. Belvedere.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Small Wonder on DVD « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.