Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:17:51 AM
713335 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Miss. school prom off after lesbian's date request « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Miss. school prom off after lesbian's date request  (Read 6435 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« on: March 11, 2010, 04:11:51 PM »

Miss. school prom off after lesbian's date request 
JACKSON, Miss. – A northern Mississippi school district will not be hosting a high school prom this spring after a lesbian student sought to attend with her girlfriend and wear a tuxedo.

The Itawamba County school district's board decided Wednesday to drop the prom because of what it called recent distractions but without specifically mentioning the girl's request, which was backed by the American Civil Liberties Union.

The student, 18-year-old high school senior Constance McMillen, said the cancellation was retaliation for her efforts to bring her girlfriend, also a student, to the April 2 dance.

"A bunch of kids at school are really going to hate me for this, so in a way it's really retaliation," McMillen told The Clarion-Ledger of Jackson. Calls to McMillen by The Associated Press late Wednesday went unanswered.

School policy requires that senior prom dates be of the opposite sex. The ACLU of Mississippi had given the district until Wednesday to change that policy, arguing that banning same-sex prom dates violated McMillen's constitutional rights... 

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_lesbian_prom_date

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
3mnkids
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 04:40:06 PM »

Ignorance is alive and well. The school board should be ashamed of themselves. Prom is for all students, not just the ones they feel are worthy. These girls have just as much right to go to the prom as the other kids. Since both girls go to the same school I doubt it was a secret that they were dating.

Now this girl will be crucified because she DARED to want the same things as the other kids. Oh, it may make some people uncomfortable? Suck it up! Lots of things people do bother me but you know what? Im not going around trying to deny them anything.

People and their bigoted views p**s me off. You dont like gay relationships? Dont have one. Simple. I have been stewing about this all freaking day, can you tell?

These girls arent hurting anyone. I've officially had it and im not biting my tongue anymore.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 04:52:35 PM »

Don't like a prom where gay relationships are tolerated?  Don't have one. Simple.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 07:16:16 PM »

As a Christian, I believe homosexual relationships, male or female, are outside what God planned for humanity.  But so is about half the stuff people do on a daily basis!

Assuming this is a state-funded, public school, let the kids have their stinking prom!  Two girls going to prom together should not be cause to cancel an event that is a watershed moment of high school existence for everyone.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 12:49:06 AM »

Homosexuality/heterosexuality is a complete non-issue for me.

As far as this particular prom being canceled? That falls squarely on the school administrators.

They're cowards.

You think homosexuality is an abomination? Fine. Say no to the girl's request. Deal with the consequences. You don't? Say yes.

The only reason they would cancel the prom is because they're too chicken-s**t to stand behind their convictions. I don't agree with castigating homosexuals, but if you're going to do it, for God's sake (and in their case that should be taken quite literally) stand behind your convictions.

Passing the buck off like they are deserves no accolades.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2010, 04:59:13 PM »

really, they aren't giving out the lesbians pursuit of happiness and do what ever they want to do?

yeah no.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2010, 09:57:33 PM »

really, they aren't giving out the lesbians pursuit of happiness and do what ever they want to do?
Question

akiratubo

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2010, 08:27:41 PM »

The Itawamba County school district's board decided Wednesday to drop the prom because of what it called recent distractions

I wonder what the other "distractions" were.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2010, 08:30:43 PM »

Question

I mean as in They won't do the right thing and let the prom continue with or without the lesbians

yeah no.
Count Ratfink
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2010, 09:15:01 PM »

Good Lord!! WHY am I not surprised that something like this happened in Miss.? So much for "land of the free." Hatred
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2010, 10:18:53 PM »

In case anybody was still worried that these poor high school kids were not going to get their prom on account of inept administrators, not to worry. Seems the whole town got together and managed to out-bigot the school board by an extremely substantial margin.

Fake Prom for Lesbian Student

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
3mnkids

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2010, 12:26:01 PM »

In case anybody was still worried that these poor high school kids were not going to get their prom on account of inept administrators, not to worry. Seems the whole town got together and managed to out-bigot the school board by an extremely substantial margin.

Fake Prom for Lesbian Student

Disgusting. They don't see anything wrong with their behavior and that is whats scary. Scary that people could raise such hateful little twits. They also started a facebook page to bash her but it didn't turn out like they planned. It was hijacked by her supporters and the ugly, bigoted, kids were made the target. I dont feel bad from them at all. When you put ugly out there it tends to come back and bite you in the ass.

Now that they have made such hateful views public, with their names and pictures, it will be interesting to see the backlash later when they apply for a job, for college... employers and colleges have been known to check these kinds of things. Its not just that they tricked the lesbian couple but the kids with learning disabilities as well. WTF! is wrong with these kids.

Its to bad this story didnt have a movie ending.. ya know, where the entire school stood up for Constance instead of knocking her. How cool would that have been. Its a shame, really.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2010, 02:03:29 PM »

I can just hear the comments they're making in Fulton, Mississippi...  Lookingup  I'm sure they've convinced themselves that they were right and justified. 

akiratubo

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2010, 03:51:35 PM »

WHAT?????

That's just stupid.  I can see throwing a private prom for those students who object to homosexuality but creating a "decoy" prom to trick the lesbians and their friends is just ... just unspeakably imbecilic and immature.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2010, 02:27:13 AM »

Ok... the main thing I want to know is .... are these lesbians hot?  BounceGiggle
Yeah I know, that was in horrible taste, but I couldn't help myself.

I agree with all of you that this is just stupid and wrong. Let the kids have their prom for the love of god! I still can't believe they were actually going to create a decoy prom..... Do these kids live in a neighborhood full of Stepford Wives or something?

Like my friend Eddy says "The more people I meet, the better I like my dog."

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Miss. school prom off after lesbian's date request « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.