Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 02:52:07 AM
714255 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Is It Spring Yet...? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Is It Spring Yet...?  (Read 8471 times)
Silverlady
Bad Movie Lover

« on: March 14, 2010, 03:05:01 PM »

It's been raining for 2 days now, but I don't care.  I finally saw robins today. YAY!

The snow is no longer piled 5 feet high on the back deck, and I can see past the end of my driveway when backing the car out.  And the temps are supposed to be 60 degrees by the end of the week!  WOO HOO

I know it's only mid -March, and snow is not out of the question right through til the beginning of May here in the mountains of northeast PA, but I don't care. I can't wait to dig in the mud (uh, I mean dirt) again!   

On a side note - I've been told that robins don't really fly south for the winter, but stay right here and gather in large groups in open fields ... somewhere.  Damned if I know where these so called fields are???

Happy Spring!  Any one else have Spring Fever?     Twirling Twirling Twirling TeddyR

Hold onto your dreams ....
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 03:08:11 PM »

I have a problem with the robins.  The males are very territorial in the spring, and government buildings tend to have windows that are relatively mirror-like.  So, every spring I get to hear thump after thump as young male robins charge the windows to defend their territory from an apparent rival.  This goes on every day that it is sunny until some point in late June.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 03:24:13 PM »

No spring here. The trees still have no leaves and it still gets really icy at night when the temperature drops. I feel like I've been living in Russia for the past 6 months!

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 06:27:03 PM »

I haven't seen the sun for about a week now.  Prior to that we were enjoying mid 50s temps which saw me going to work jacket-less for about a week.   Last night brought heavy rains and hurricane like gusts that shook the house.  I did see a few robins a few weeks ago while driving.  Two males as a matter of fact on the side of the road.  Maybe they're a couple, who knows? 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 06:45:11 PM »

I saw a robin in our front yard today.  Which reminds me, we've got a stupid robin that attacks our bedroom window for about a month every spring.  I suppose he'll be showing up soon enough.  Unless he's given himself brain damage.  It's 63 here today.   TeddyR

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2010, 07:32:31 PM »

Our pear tree is in full bloom, and I grilled ribs outside for supper. TeddyR

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Silverlady
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2010, 07:52:57 PM »

After reading some your follow-up posts, I never knew that robins were so crazy/aggressive/suicidal!   Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout

Hold onto your dreams ....
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2010, 09:40:48 PM »

well, Friday I saw a dove and a crow have a bird fight in flight! Buggedout Buggedout

yeah no.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2010, 03:18:20 AM »

I saw a small flock of Tundra Swans flying north on Thursday.  That's a sure sign; we usually gets hundreds so these would have been the advance scouts...also get Snow Geese passing through headed that way.  They stop over in the flooded fields and the noise can be deafening.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2010, 12:33:02 PM »

Robins have been back here for a couple of weeks and I saw a cardinal the other day.  The mocking birds are nesting already.

I'm just glad the temp is back up near normal (low 60's F).  I was out yesterday trimming my oak trees, so I don't get clonked by low hanging limbs when I have to start mowing. 

Lots of sun does wonders for my perspective.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2010, 12:49:06 PM »

It's been raining like a bastard here for a couple days.  Lot's of reports of flooded basements (houses, schools, businesses) and power outages.  Very gray and dreary.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2010, 06:38:00 PM »

According to the forcast, I can go back to being jacket-less in RI again for at least the next 10 days.   Thumbup

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2010, 06:50:34 PM »

It's been raining like a bastard here for a couple days.  Lot's of reports of flooded basements (houses, schools, businesses) and power outages.  Very gray and dreary.

My mother is having problems with that.  There is so much groundwater that the sump pump cannot keep up with it.  She called me last night to ask if she could use the wet/dry vac I bought her a few years back to suck up the extra water (small pools of 1/4" - 1/2" from her description) that are collecting in the basement.

We had so much wind and rain the other night that it came in around the window frames.  The wind was something like 50 mph gusts, and the rain was coming down in buckets.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Paquita

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2010, 09:30:35 PM »

The spider in the bathroom came out to check for his shadow and then he shouted "It's spring m-fers!!!!" and laughed wildly at me.
flackbait

The fate of the last door to door salesmen

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2010, 10:09:05 PM »

I know its spring because the Canadian Geese are honking non-stop now that they are back up north. There's a pond near by my place and a couple of them start honking at  7 am and will just randomly go into honking spurts for the rest of the day. I really wish I just heard other birds chirping instead.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Is It Spring Yet...? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.