Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:43:31 PM
714383 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  B-Movie Crossword Puzzle « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: B-Movie Crossword Puzzle  (Read 5629 times)
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« on: March 14, 2010, 04:01:25 PM »

So instead of paying attention in class, I put together a b-movie crossword. This is the first such puzzle I have ever created. I followed the general New York Times rules. Symmetrical grid, no unchecked letters, and all words have at least three letters.

It was a lot of fun, I might make more of them.

Anyway, enjoy!

You can use the above picture, but the PDF of the crossword would probably be preferable. Download here. Feel free to disseminate far and wide and repost where you please. Please leave my name at the top of the puzzle, though. Thanks!

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
SPazzo

My kinda toy...

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 03:40:08 PM »

All right! Thumbup  I'll be doing it tonight.  Thank you so much Mofo Rising, I just love crosswords. TeddyR
violntshags
Bad Movie Lover

flist@flistpodcast.com

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 05:01:26 PM »

i can honestly say i think i know maybe 3 of those
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 02:23:12 AM »

All right! Thumbup  I'll be doing it tonight.  Thank you so much Mofo Rising, I just love crosswords. TeddyR

Thanks, SPazzo!

I should point out two typos. The grid itself is fine, but the hints have at least two errors. I will fix them and repost the crossword soon. I'll probably post the solution tomorrow.

Anyway:

8 Down: "____ dog gets it!" (Doubled up on "the," so that should give away most of the answer.)

24 Across: "Before, poetically" It's a simple word, I just goofed while writing the hints.

I may have relied on too much wordplay for the hints, instead of straight-forward answers. I thought I included enough simple answers to help fill in the blanks, but it's hard to judge these things when you know all the answers already.

Anyway, I'll post the solution soon. Let me know what you think! (And don't be shy if you have any criticisms, this is my first attempt. Too many technical terms? Let me know.)

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 05:14:50 PM »

Okay, here are the answers:

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 09:25:36 PM »

Excellent work!  I spent an hour on it and got most of it done, but finally had to peek to finish it.

It really helps when you get the quote (is it a quote, or a tag line?)

Is it a convention that you are supposed to tell us when an answer consists of two words instead of one?  I haven't done crosswords in years, but I seem to remember at least some clues would tell you if the answer was 2 words.

34A and 60A (especially) were groaners.   Smile

15D held me up, I'm not sure that's a word.   Wink

I don't get the joke in 43D.

Some of the last clues were too technical for me, 49D (though I might have got it), 55D, 58D (especially). 

I'm guessing 56D should be an "acronym," not an abbr.??

Still, excellent work.  These are hard to make. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2010, 10:17:11 PM »

Thanks, Rev!

Yeah, a lot of these are "cheats" to fill in the grid. 15D was probably the worst of the lot. (Also, 17A is a term nobody has ever really used, it just fit so nicely.) 56D could probably say acronym, too.

Some crosswords do tell you if the answers are two words. The New York Times and L.A. Times papers don't.

43D is a reference to the song "No Scrubs" by the music group T.L.C. As for the technical terms, I should mention I made this in class.

Thanks again!

Oh, and it's both a quote and a tagline.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 10:19:13 PM by Mofo Rising » Logged

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  B-Movie Crossword Puzzle « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.